NO effects from sativas for some people?!

Hi,

I recently encoutered that there is obviously a group of people that can NOT feel any effects of sativa cannabis strains. Those poor guys are, as I researched, nearly all heavy alcohol users or former alcoholics resp. hard drug user (opiates).

Even 20% THC content in sativa strains has absolutely no or just little effect on them. After smoking grams of best sativas they just feel a little bit more awake, that is all and they complain they had been cheated with "something else that is not even cannabis".

Then I remembered the early 80s and that HD users at that time always said they do not feel anything from weed. That changed with skunk etc, that they could feel...only indicas they can feel

have you experienced similar? Or do you know what area of the brain is involved in this syndrome?

• Like 1

would be interesting to know more about it indeed :) i guess it will have something to do with the receptors maybe beeing so tolerant that they need lot stronger does, but well i hope a Dr will pass by and be able to tell us ;)

Good luck

We are all different thats all some like coffee others like tea , im not a heavy drug user or alcoholic but iprefer indicas as i like to smoke to relax and chill stativas i can smoke all day and not get that desired couch lock im looking for , but it certainly doesnt mean im in anyway defective or an addict of any form its all brain chemistry , why not you smoke what you like and let others do the same ? :)

, why not you smoke what you like and let others do the same ? :)

Who says i don't? I just want to know, if other people made the same observation, that HD users and AA people very often do not feel any or only little effect from sativas...and if anybody knows why this is, the chemistry around I will be very happy.

You know, I was smoking with an old friend who was heavily into the booze and smack before and he went beserk because he did not feel anything from strong 20% THC sativas and started yelling I would take the piss bla bla. Then he called his AA friends and he told me, that 6 peolpe or so did not feel anything from that shitty skunkweed obviously something else and no cannbais at all..... :angry:

I smoke indicas too, so what is your problem?

i don't agree with you billiy witz, if firefighter was talking only about personal taste your answer would be what i think more or less. In that case of hard drugs user there is high probability that the repeated use of certain hard drugs could effect the reception of the cannabinoids i the brains and make it then useless or inefficient maybe. but we would need a smart person to confirm that to us lolol.

• Like 2

Sure u will not feel a sativa effext if ur a H user cause the opiate will get more and more i ur body and be there even when ur not right high and this sure surpresses the effect of sativa u will get a effect but nothing u would really want.

If u are toooataly wasted drunk u will not really feel that sativa effect ;) cause these are all sedativas thas surpress exaxtly what sativa high does.

same thing whate bozos do whe u take em ;)

• Like 1

Sure u will not feel a sativa effext if ur a H user cause the opiate will get more and more i ur body and be there even when ur not right high and this sure surpresses the effect of sativa u will get a effect but nothing u would really want.

If u are toooataly wasted drunk u will not really feel that sativa effect ;) cause these are all sedativas thas surpress exaxtly what sativa high does.

same thing whate bozos do whe u take em ;)

They may not get the desired effect - a narcotic muscle relaxation and heavy couchock but no effect at all ? Never heard of that - I think it is exaggerated and an excuse not to smoke them and taking drugs instead.

Yeah, I feel that way too, he was really pissed because the effect of the sativa was taking his sedation away a bit and he was blaming me for that and called it "I don't get high at all"

I was smoking some what I call perfectly designed cannabis mass marketing product recently, a kind of "Superskunk" that smelled 100% like strawberry artificial flavouring and felt exactly like taking 5 mg of valium plus some ganja. That is what they want.

Probably what went down. Expectation and then not getting the desired effect can lead to frustration.

I actually believe Sativas are better suited to help addicts overcome their habits once the worst physical withdrawal has been tolerated. Simply because the

more happy high has a positive effect on the minds of most users - a good Haze or tropical landrace (on a holiday esp..) will help them focus on something else but their desire for the drug . Many ex users mention this aspect of Cannabis.

• Like 2

I actually believe Sativas are better suited to help addicts overcome their habits once the worst physical withdrawal has been tolerated. Simply because the

more happy high has a positive effect on the minds of most users - a good Haze or tropical landrace (on a holiday esp..) will help them focus on something else but their desire for the drug . Many ex users mention this aspect of Cannabis.

Yes my friend, I feel that way too but some people can not stand being happy. :spiteful:

Here i have to iintervent ^^

a lot of addiicts who stopped have to fight with panic and Sativa will get them even more panicsl i had a lot of friends getting real panicattacs when smoking Sativa :/

yes, that is also true. Some sativas can give you paranoia when you are mentally unbalanced or having troubles. So thank you all, because fianlly I got a feeling about that phenomenon.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...