hello from the West Coast of Oz

Green Ninja

Hi everyone, just saying 'hi' before I harvest my current grow & share some pics with everyone. Currently running 2  1.2x1.2x2m tents with 8 lovely ladies in each, recirculating drip system using 50/50 perlite and coco w/ full Canna nutrient & additive line inc. boost plus a little cal-max. Tent 1 has 3 White Lemon (although I must say it's more like purple lemon due to the coldness during lights off as it's winter down here), 2x The Doctor, 2x White Rhino & 1 Kings Kush (grape pheno - leaves are almost black, the rest are yellow/purpe :D:O). Tent 2 has 2x Jack Herer (the biggest, fattest buds I've ever seen although strange smell..almost like chocolate, not typical weed smell. different), 3x pineapple chunk & 3 liberty haze (I won't go into too much detail about those for obvious reasons).

First things first, Canna nutes. OMG. This is my 3rd grow, but my first using all the canna line from start until finish. Aqua vega+flores, rhizotonic, cannazym, boost, PK13/14. It has been a little expensive but it has been worth it it just for the simple reason I have now grown the absolutely best pot I have ever seen. Now, that may mean I just have/ had shitty contacts haha, but in all seriousness it is pretty damn good looking comparing to what I can see online. I have used shooting powder previously, but wasn't too keen on the cosmetic results i got, although it definitely increased my yield. Got 10 1/2 ounces from 2x Northern Lights Auto, but don't like how you can't re-use media after growing with it. But from what i estimate i'll get from these 16 plants, and how little room I have left, i don't think I could've accommodated an extra 30%.

The stand out is White Lemon. Looks like diamond dipped frosty rock-hard nuggets of green gold. beautiful looking yields, i honestly think this strain could be a cup winner with the right pheno. Out of 2 phenos, 2 are indica-dom buds but sativa height, the other 1 has sativa-like buds, not as compact, looking more like the picture in the ad but has the height of indica...? :) The white Rhino is a monster yielder & 1 has produced a cola that is easily over a foot long & thick as a can of coke. And rock hard. Super rock hard. The 2 doctors have fantastic, hard, compact buds; a beautiful light green body & bright orange hairs.

Anyway, enough babbling on. Nice to meet you all & I'll report back with some photos pre & post harvest. I haven't had the chance to show off my work to anyone due to obvious reasons, but would really like some feedback to see if I did as good a job as I think I have haha :)

Lets see if this place is as friendly as I have heard it is :) Thanks for reading

• Like 3

Hello mate,

Welcome to the forum! :) You seem to have an interesting job in your indoors. It would be nice to see photos of those plants in bloom, especially the White Lemon with blue / red from the cold tones.

You use SCROG? 8 plants per room seem little (in my opinion), 1.2 x 1.2 x 2 I always use 16 plants or 9 floors, depends on my intention of pruning / culture method.

What kind of light do you use? Led or HPS?

The full range of nutrients canna is somewhat expensive, effective but expensive. Powder Feeding Do you know? I have used coconut and hydro, is very economical and simple, the results with Powder feeding simply amazing.

Often there is no need to use thousands of different products, only a good one.

We expect to see these photos and share many experiences soon !!

Greetings!

Hi everyone :) I started them all from seed under t5's before splitting them up into their respective homes with 600w MH. Vegged 2 months, 1 tent is free standing, no scrog and minor lst, 2nd tent had the LH & PC that were too bloody tall, and owing to using a drip system & needing clearance under the plants so gravity can do it's magic & return my nutes to the res, plus the size of my 60cmx60cmx28cm hood plus the height of the pots, leaves only about 100cm of grow space.. using air cool hoods, so no problem if they hit the light plus it's white, not dimpled aluminium, so no hot spots. Anyway, back to the story. They were very high so I tried to control them via aggressive supercropping & basically flattened them & put a screen on top, thinking they would fail out the the rest of the areas. Big learning curve & next time the screen will go on top of them when they are 40-50cm.. the stretch of the BF seeds was bullish*t! haha.. they are set as row of 3, then 2, then 3 - offset, and the 2 Jack Herer are right in the middle directly underneath the 600w, maybe about 10" away, and that's what has given me these grapefruit crossed with an AFL football (like a rugby ball, but better ;) There's also 2x130w 2700K CFL's & 4x12w CFL's on the sides as some of the footballs are stopping the light reaching the sides a 4x4 tent, even with the big-ass hood lol

I'll put up some pics tomorrow definitely.. Ive just cleaned up in there & did some tidying up and repositioning of the branches, so it actually looks good enough to show off. I removed the stupid screen about a week ago because there were a lot of underdev buds due to my sh*tty SCRoG implementation & had to use heeeeeaps of rubber-wire to support the longer branches until they strengthened up again. Each day I'd go in move them a little bit. it was like doing stop-motion animation haha.. But with a few pound at stake, I don't want to trip up at the finish line :)

The other tent with all GHS babies has a 60cmx50cm 600w & 45x50cm 400w HPS air cooled hoods. Both rooms have a 6" carbon filter connected to the hood, which connects to a 6"x6"x8" 'Y' ducting piece and that is connected to a 8" centrifugal fan with a 8" silencer attached with 3 metres of 8" ducting going to the aircon outlet in my ceiling. Then in my cupboard I have a 45x80x80 inside of a 50x90x160 that acts as my clone station & advanced seedling area, then in another room I have a 80x80x160 with air-cooled 400W that I veg clones in or grow autos, depending on my needs. The end of this grow will by first complete run utilising every bit of equipment & tbh, when I started it was with  just the 80x80x160 with the intention of growing 3-4 plants.. but one thing led to another & the Roskam in me led me to where I am now :)

• Like 1

Microwaved?  You're impatient.. lol

From 5,02g to 1,5g through the microwave.  Interesting, have you used that drying-method before?

Does the heating in the radarrange affect the THC and other cannabinoids/Terpines? 

Looking sweet.  Don't forget the flush.

Nice looking test-bud.  Enjoy!

Microwaved?  You're impatient.. lol

From 5,02g to 1,5g through the microwave.  Interesting, have you used that drying-method before?

Does the heating in the radarrange affect the THC and other cannabinoids/Terpines? 

Looking sweet.  Don't forget the flush.

Nice looking test-bud.  Enjoy!

can taste the SLH definitely but doesn't get you as high though, probably due to non-decarboxylation of THC onto THC-9 (or something.. wheres Franco? ), but when my only other option is paying $25AUD/ gram or $350 /oz (17 & 230 Euro :O) you probably understand :D final feed tonight, flush on wednesday, chopped Saturday :D

I watched a Jorge Cervantes video in which he suggests using a microwave, but he added one small caveat: use the LOW setting - it's effectively the same as a dehydrator. I wrap the bud in kitchen towel/ paper towel so it is double folded on the bottom & covering the top on the bud, this is for moisture absorption. Then for the bud in the picture, 7 1/2 minutes LOW setting, turned over once about 3/4 through, then when I comes out, you let it cool to room temp for about 5 mins. You'll be surprised at the dryness; not super-dry crumbly crap, but actually feels like a cured bud, dry with a little give when squeezed  :). Checking the trich's with my loupe I can see no damage whatsoever.. wouldn't do more than I needed to smoke.I lose 80% with the usual dry/cure, but only lose 70% via microwave.

Oh, I discovered something tonight that reinforced checking ALL my larger buds regularly.. Botrytis :( Just discovered some on one of the Jack Herers :( thankfully it was only at the bottom of only one single bud (i checked thoroughly) & luckily hadn't gotten into the main branch, just the bud stem at the calyx.. phew. Tore it to pieces to see how far gone it was.. Ugly stuff, exactly the same as the Grapevine variety.. mofo! haha

The affected buds had dried on the growing plant which is what made me notice it, thank god/allah/vishnu ;) It was an area than had been damaged due to SCRoG removal & got little to no light, and probably no fresh air ('stealth' air as Arjan calls it.. think he means 'stale') = Mold.

But it gave me an excuse to chop the whole bud down & have something to smoke (minus the grey crappy bits) Thats the finished product in the pics. GHS Jack Herer 

post-37430-0-43407200-1437866088.jpg

post-37430-0-08621800-1437866110.jpg

post-37430-0-95909100-1437866128.jpg

• Like 1