Summer LED with Autopot

Jose.gh

Hello!

I start a culture under LED light, to avoid excessive heat in summer. 

It's the first time I've used an Autopot system, so it'll be very interesting for me, everything is new.

So far, I have prepared the substrate (coconut and 50% perlite). In the bottom of the pot, I put some arlite to improve the drainage. And so that the coconut is not constantly in contact with the water, in some way, to avoid areas with excess water.

Let's go see it

01.png

That blue thing, it's an Air Dome, a system that supposedly injects air into the roots, so they're more oxygenated. I don't know if it works well, it's the first time I've used it. There is a tube (you can see it in the picture) that is connected to a small air pump.

02.png

03.png

04.png

The Autopot system is still not working. So the first waterings will be manual, with a shower as usual.

When the plants show the roots they will colonize the pot, then the Autopot will start to work.

I put in four different varieties of Green House. Can you guess one of them?

Cheers

• Like 7

Hi mate, 

Until the plant is about a month old, irrigation is traditional (surface watering), so I want some drainage.

When Autopot is running (when the plant has developed the root well), it is important to me that the coconut is not in permanent contact with the water, because the sponge effect will cause it to absorb too much water. That's why a little drainage will also be good.

Well, these are the conclusions obtained by friends who already use this system, they have given me some good advice hehe

Yeah!!! One of them is Super Lemon Haze, my favorite, any options for the remaining three?

• Like 2

Hello Jose,

Great to see you back with a new Grow Journal!

What do you use for Ligth and nuts?

So I think you grow some :

- Super Lemon Haze

- Franco Lemon Cheese

- Holy Punch

Cant wait to see the results with the autopot

:drinks:

• Like 1

Hello!

Well, it's quite simple actually, a couple of Cree CXB3590 (COB) lights for a small growroom size (60x60).

I am using GH Feeding in the diet, but in the future (in future crops) I also want to try organic food (bio feeding) in autopot.

I will leave a little suspense, with the genetics hehe

Cheers!! 

• Like 2

Hi  :drinks:

It's actually kind of complex. Autopot with mineral nutrients is simple, everything is added to the water tank. But Autopot with organic nutrients is different, the nutrients must be mixed with the coconut. That's why I want to try (in the future) Bio Feeding, because they are slow release and I think you can get good results.

A good friend and co-worker (Jose "commercial") has already tried Bio Feeding on Autopot with good results. I want to try it myself too, I'm very curious hahaha

I am not measuring the EC now, I only use the recommended dose and then set the pH to 6.0, because now I only do manual watering.

When the roots extend to the bottom of the pot, then I will start using Autopot (with its automatic watering and depositing). When using the water tank, then if I am going to measure EC and PH.

The seeds were germinated on April 13 (I think), so now it is their 20th day of life.

I Use 18/6 with 2x50w COB LED, grow normal speed, not too fast. Except for one, she's growing at full speed..... you can see it in the pictures. Actually, I'm even worried about it growing up so fast (this is common for male plants).

Today I watered only with water, with the pH at 6.0.

7L0C9432.png

7L0C9433.png

7L0C9434.png

7L0C9435.png

7L0C9436.png

For the moment this is all :)

• Like 4

Hi Jose.gh am I right thinking that these are autoflower girls?

Pulled up a seat so I can get comfy and keep an eye on your grow I am interested in seeing how you grow 4 plants in a 60cm X 60cm tent.

Gasmeter

Likkle more

• Like 1

Hi Jose.gh, thanks for the heads up man

WOW thats amazing I thought they would be autos with them being in a small grow space at 60cm X 60cm which is 10cm smaller than my tent at 70cm X 70cm.

So now I am really interested to how this grow goes.

Gasmeter

Likkle more 

• Like 1

Hi again!

They have almost 30 days since germination and their growth is normal, neither slow nor fast... except the little devil in the corner. He hasn't shown sex yet, but I'm afraid that all this energy means only one thing... although we'll have to wait and see.

7L0C9443.png

The roots stick out from the bottom of the pot, so connect the water tank of the Autopot system. Now the irrigation is 100% automated, I only check the tank every 15 days.

7L0C9445.png

A serious problem I've had is the pH measurement. I was giving the wrong measurements, that has caused me to have a significant mismatch in the pH level. Some leaves begin to show some deficiencies, mainly magnesium. 

I'm waiting for my new PH meter to arrive.

7L0C9447.png

And that's all for the moment, now I also use the air system in the roots, the air pump only works during the day.

Greetings! 

• Like 2

Hi g22, 

I add the water I want to the tank, with the fertilizer included. In this case, I've only added 10 liters to get started.

I measure the pH (now I use an adwa meter, but it's crap and doesn't measure correctly), and I calibrate it with citric acid (sold in a  grow shop, concentrated).

I adjust the pH to 6.0 and end, every two or three days I do a review, but I have noticed that the pH has not fluctuated, it remains at 6.0.

Next week I will fill 15 new litres of water with fertilizer and set the pH to 6.0 (I hope to have my new pH measurements). This time I will wait 7 days before checking to see if the pH is varying.

My main problem these past few weeks is that I didn't know my PH meter was crazy, and it works only when he wants it to.

Greetings! 

• Like 3

I know this problem i buy low cost ph meter in past and they always go crazy before the end of the grow so now i buy a ultra goed from germany but now i dont even adjust the ph with the soil and organic fertiliser but i can put it direct in soil if i want .

🍁✌

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...