11 pots, 11 strains UFO run

sliver1

So the next flowering cycle is about to start. Same setup as before:

217w COB LED Cree cxa3070 actively cooled

30w circulation fans

40w exhaust fan

Growroom 120*110, with 100*100tray

Fertilized peat/spagnum mixed with some coarse vermiculite.

Fertilizers during flowering will be GHSC powder feeding short flowering and PK booster. Sadly iam out of GHSC BioBloom.

The veg cycle was completely organic.

They are looking okay as we enter flowering alittle small, but I hope they will fill out their pots. Strangely two plants in back left show leaves clawing. I think this is a mix of too much fluctuations in watering, feeding and too temperatures. 

This run is very unprofessional with one plant per strain and I just learned 11plants is alittle too much for my lights, but still I will try anyways  :D

The strains are:

Blue Dream  Humboldt Seed organization

Blueberry OG Barney's Farm Seeds

Godberry Freedom of Seeds

Original Amnesia Delicious Seeds

Critical Super Silver Haze

Critical cheese Dinafem Seeds

C99 G13labs Seeds Dinafem Seeds

Pineapple Express G13labs Seeds

White Rhino Greenhouse Seeds Company

Louis' Haze (the Louie's skunk renamed)

OG Kush Amsterdam Coffeeshop

I had 100%germimation success on the 7freebies from attitude seedbank. Then there is two seeds that have vegged one week longer, I got from a buddy. Two clones have vegged together with those two seeds and these four plants are in 9,8L pots. The 7UFOs are in 6,2L pots and vegged for two weeks.

This is part of my hunt for a new strain and only the best will be kept to compete in following grows against 5 different GHSC strains. Along with some test of the organic vs non-organic GHSC feeding.

Iam very excited and we have an amazing year ahead of us if all goes as planned.

IMG_20190102_052652.jpg

IMG_20190102_052911.jpg

IMG_20190102_053257.jpg

• Like 2

Man this new house and furnace is giving me alot of trouble this winter :D fucking hell the night time temperatures drop to 14C :( so growth have been very slow in the first week of flowering, but I have now been able to get a 17C night temperature and max 24C , which isn't ideal, but better and I see little more growth here in week 2. Cloned and defoliated on day 9 of flowering (yesterday), but didn't take pictures.

When I took the clones it became clear that the original Amnesia and blueberry OG are slow growers with small root systems and short branches, too short for cloning at day 9. So maybe they perform better in a hydro setup or they are just not as vigorous growing strains as the others. Either way they're probably out after this grow.

The pots are moving abit around in the pictures. Big pots moved to front and back again.

IMG_20190109_055946.jpg

IMG_20190107_055957.jpg

IMG_20190104_055653.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

The room is too crowded. I knew I would have this problem so I should stop beating myself over it, but it's just so damn annoying looking at :D

This powder feeding sure gives some vigorous growth, but not so much flowering and bud growth, so I think this run will be flowering a few weeks longer. I added the Mars hydro "300w", but iam in contact with Vivi Liu from kingbrite and will be ordering some DIY COBs (can't wait to see the quality).

Now beginning week 4

IMG_20190121_054335.jpg

IMG_20190121_054322.jpg

IMG_20190121_054257.jpg

• Like 4

Yes, way too close together, overcrowded and totally uneven canopy... Well I hope I still get above 150grams, but that's maybe a long shot :s  and if I don't yeild so much it is not a problem. This grow was to test some different strains and see their characteristics, and that I believe still is possible even though they are too close and uneven, so iam satisfied.

• 2 weeks later...

Yea hehe

We're in bloom actually 5weeks now,but flower development has been very slow.

I got my DIY COB light and assembled it on the frame yesterday.

Iam absolutely in love with this COB technology. Such nice light. Iam using the Citizen CLU048 1212 now instead of the Cree CXA3070, and to be honest the Citizen chips looks better. Brighter shine and nicer spectrum (this is my subjective meaning of course).

This run has really stretched out way more then I ever thought possible, so IAM fighting with this. Cannot wait for next grow, maybe I will get a decent spacing and canopy ;)

Last pic is from veg room 37x55cm with one Citizen CLU048 1212 50w - the clones just came out of the aquarium and look like shait for a number of fuck ups I did while they were in the aquarium. 

IMG_20190201_055126.jpg

IMG_20190201_055137.jpg

IMG_20190201_055218.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Damn smashed my phone.... So I don't have any pictures of how they looked in the final weeks of flowering. I did manage to get one picture of the blueberry OG that got some real nice color and weight towards the end.

This grow is pretty much over now. The plants was harvested yesterday. I will make a post about the yield and with some bud pictures. I think I might be in for a surprise about the yield.

I have to show you how those miserable clones from the last picture look now. I chugged the OG Kush, Original Amnesia, Godberry, Louis' Haze and Blue Dream because they did not satisfy my needs (mostly too long flowering periods). The ones on the picture in veg is Critical Super Silver Haze, blueberry OG, Critical Cheese, Pineapple Express, White Rhino and C99. Who will compete in the future against the ones from my next flower run.

My next flower run is already in progress and I will make a new thread about that soon, so stay tuned.

Now I have a new phone and hope to continue posting :) The new phone should have a better camera so try and check if you see that :P

IMG_20190301_194009.jpg

15515471916423882730082703276663.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The weigh in is here :P

Original Amnesia 20gr

White Rhino 7gr

Godberry 19gr

Louis's Haze 23gr

Pineapple Express 13gr

OG Kush 18gr

Critical Super Silver Haze 23gr

Critical Cheese 23gr

C 99 18gr

Blueberry OG 23gr

Blue Dream 22gr

209grams total. Decent yield compared to how the grow looked with so many strains. Clearly my favorite of the batch (the critical Super Silver Haze) is still my favorite :P The blueberry OG have a disappointing taste and the critical cheese has that real nice cheese smell. The OG Kush had slot better taste then expected. The rest of the strains are sorta nothing too special. The white rhino stressed out or something, it never grew bigger then half size of all the other plants, I haven't figured out why.

IMG_20190303_073646.jpg

IMG_20190303_073526.jpg

IMG_20190309_002641.jpg

IMG_20190309_000115.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

How do you end your grow, did you gave any days totally darkness ...and dried out.

Just wondering, looking at the pictures i;d expected a higher yield.

I also have several strains, and stupid me took auto flowers in as well ...headache, but learned abother lesson.

Keep up growing !

• Like 1

Yeah this yield was so low because of the obvious uneven canopy and too crowded grow room. Also some of the varieties are more sativa dominant and I should've given those a few more weeks to flower for higher yield. 

The last few grows has been fast fast and so I only turn of lights for the day iam harvesting, which will be little less then 24hrs total darkness. But I actually like to go that full week of darkness, but it is not possible when I want to flower next batch immediately :D

I don't water for minimum of 3-5days before harvesting - this drying time I suppose is dependent on your media and pot size.

If you want proper yields, go with one single strain. Mono-cropping really is the way to grow indoors IMO. But these grows have just been a lot of fun for me while trying my new growroom :D

Picture of Blueberry OG in a bowl.. defo my favourite from this grows, and Critical Super Silver Haze is close second.

IMG_20190412_164334.jpg