Hawaiian Dutch, Rude Boi OG, and Sour Banana Sherbert. Grown in central Washington.

Chefblake420

looking lush and bushy ,are you going to top of the pots with soil again in a later stage ? and are the bottoms open when you put them in the hole 's you made  ? good luck to ya !! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2019 at 8:28 AM, jsm said:

looking lush and bushy ,are you going to top of the pots with soil again in a later stage ? and are the bottoms open when you put them in the hole 's you made  ? good luck to ya !! 

Hey @jsm I never have changed the soil at later stage before, with containers and plants this size it seems like it would be difficult but other growers on the forum have asked me that before. It would probably be a good idea. On your question about the containers the bottoms are peppered with 3 inch drill holes, mostly for drainage and a little bit of air flow to the substrate. The local soil where I am is rocky and unviable for growing cannibas, so the roots don't extend into the natural soil.

• Like 1

Wow, excellent farming. I really like the structure of the Sour Banana Sherbert, sure to produce huge colas, and the vigor of the Dutch Hawaiian, irie strain I am certain

• Like 1

On 22-5-2019 at 8:42 PM, Chefblake420 said:

Hey @jsm I never have changed the soil at later stage before, with containers and plants this size it seems like it would be difficult but other growers on the forum have asked me that before. It would probably be a good idea. On your question about the containers the bottoms are peppered with 3 inch drill holes, mostly for drainage and a little bit of air flow to the substrate. The local soil where I am is rocky and unviable for growing cannibas, so the roots don't extend into the natural soil.

the containers are big enough by themselves i guess ,topping them off creates a fatter main trunk (at least according to my experience ) but the look just fine my friend ,your doing just fine over there ,all the luck to ya !!

@jsm I think I misunderstood your question. I definitely top my plants though I haven't yet on these or any others I'm growing at the moment, but I definitely will be topping them all eventually, both for height control and to increase yields.😎

no you had it right,  i mend topping of the pots with soil after some time. but your doing just fine the way you are growing at the moment ,i haven't done any topping or fimming my plants ever ,old skool i guess ?

i didn't really had to need to also ,at least at the hight department .and bigger yields ??? i don't really know ,save and happy growing !!

• Like 1

On 25-5-2019 at 4:58 PM, jsm said:

no you had it right,  i mend topping of the pots with soil after some time. but your doing just fine the way you are growing at the moment ,i haven't done any topping or fimming my plants ever ,old skool i guess ?

i didn't really had to need to also ,at least at the hight department .and bigger yields ??? i don't really know ,save and happy growing !!

Topping wasnt my thing either gap, but it sure makes alot of difference.

We are old skool but not crazy hahahha , we also use a smartphone so we are picking up time oleee.

If you need to be more convince open youtube and see the newer technics, scrog is one of my new fav. and mainlining looks very nteresting from the vids there.

Happy growing

6681_598324420180127_874152229_n.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ganja XL said:

Topping wasnt my thing either gap, but it sure makes alot of difference.

We are old skool but not crazy hahahha , we also use a smartphone so we are picking up time oleee.

If you need to be more convince open youtube and see the newer technics, scrog is one of my new fav. and mainlining looks very nteresting from the vids there.

Happy growing

6681_598324420180127_874152229_n.jpg

Well maybe the side project with the peyote critical i'm doing this year is good opportunity to try new things ?? , never too old to  learn new tricks even for this old dog ,hahah pretty eyes by the way ,little bit stoned i guess maybe the blueberry haze ??   ,happy and save growing again over there !! 

• 2 weeks later...

@Chefblake420

Nice mate i would ask you how many hour of light  you have in your time zone now .

is summer in your area ?

in my time zone now if i good tell is +- 17-18 hour  light a day whe almost at  the summer soltice, 2 day left  now .

@g22 happy summer solstice! To your question, yes it is summer here. I'd say there is currently 15 hrs sunlight from 6am to 9pm. Though these particular plants in what I call my sativa section receive about 4 hrs direct sunlight from around 10am to 2 pm. The rest of the day they receive only light that filters through the leaves of trees, what the Japanese call "komorebi". The other plants Northern Lights, Black Russian, white widow x Afghan kush, and Amnesia get much more direct sunlight from around 10am to 5 or 6pm. The climate is dry and arid. The temperature in the daytime ranges from low 80s to mid 90s degrees Fahrenheit.

• Like 1