Chefblake420

Hawaiian Dutch, Rude Boi OG, and Sour Banana Sherbert. Grown in central Washington.

36 posts in this topic

looking lush and bushy ,are you going to top of the pots with soil again in a later stage ? and are the bottoms open when you put them in the hole 's you made  ? good luck to ya !! 

On 5/14/2019 at 8:28 AM, jsm said:

looking lush and bushy ,are you going to top of the pots with soil again in a later stage ? and are the bottoms open when you put them in the hole 's you made  ? good luck to ya !! 

Hey @jsm I never have changed the soil at later stage before, with containers and plants this size it seems like it would be difficult but other growers on the forum have asked me that before. It would probably be a good idea. On your question about the containers the bottoms are peppered with 3 inch drill holes, mostly for drainage and a little bit of air flow to the substrate. The local soil where I am is rocky and unviable for growing cannibas, so the roots don't extend into the natural soil.

1 person likes this

Wow, excellent farming. I really like the structure of the Sour Banana Sherbert, sure to produce huge colas, and the vigor of the Dutch Hawaiian, irie strain I am certain

1 person likes this

@RedBarn thank you my friend! Ya I haven't grown or even smoked any of these 3 strains but I'm excited! the structure of the Sour Banana Sherbert is cool. I like the Rude boi OG also very bushy.

@Chefblake420

With a name like that the taste and smell must be very goed & complex

Nice plant budy 

1 person likes this

On 22-5-2019 at 8:42 PM, Chefblake420 said:

Hey @jsm I never have changed the soil at later stage before, with containers and plants this size it seems like it would be difficult but other growers on the forum have asked me that before. It would probably be a good idea. On your question about the containers the bottoms are peppered with 3 inch drill holes, mostly for drainage and a little bit of air flow to the substrate. The local soil where I am is rocky and unviable for growing cannibas, so the roots don't extend into the natural soil.

the containers are big enough by themselves i guess ,topping them off creates a fatter main trunk (at least according to my experience ) but the look just fine my friend ,your doing just fine over there ,all the luck to ya !!

@jsm I think I misunderstood your question. I definitely top my plants though I haven't yet on these or any others I'm growing at the moment, but I definitely will be topping them all eventually, both for height control and to increase yields.😎

no you had it right,  i mend topping of the pots with soil after some time. but your doing just fine the way you are growing at the moment ,i haven't done any topping or fimming my plants ever ,old skool i guess ?

i didn't really had to need to also ,at least at the hight department .and bigger yields ??? i don't really know ,save and happy growing !!