Sweet Valley Kush - 2019 - Completed

gasmeter

Since I topped all of the Sweet Valley Kush plants on Thursday it does not seem to have slowed growth much I can see new growth at the site each plant was topped.

Here are some images of the site on each of the plants where I topped them.

05oct-2019-svk-one-topped-site.jpg

05oct-2019-svk-two-topped-site.jpg

05oct-2019-svk-three-topped-site.jpg

05oct-2019-svk-four-topped-site.jpg

More updates soon, happy growing...  :pleasantry:

• Like 3

Thanks @OG.Naj

Time for a quick update, yesterday the dirt in the root pouches was nice ad dry so I mixed 1 litres of feed solution containing 3ml root stimulant per litre, 1g of magnesium per litre and 2ml of grow feed per litre.

Then I gave each plant 500ml of the feed solution, tonight I noticed the leaves on the smallest plant starting to claw so I gave her 2 litres of clean water to flush the dirt hopefully she will be OK.

Once the dirt in the root pouches of the other 3 is dry I will give them just water and flush the dirt just to be safe.

Happy growing...  :pleasantry:

• Like 2

Hello friend @gasmeter one day @g22 recommended me to make the apical cut that it is always better to leave a stem to the plant and take the cut just below the set of branches, I did a test on two floors and the result was that the one I had  a small stem for cutting it well continued in conditions and the one that approximates the cut on the contrary lost the upper branches and the one made me waste time ....
 I don't know if I explained correctly

Greetings brother:party:

Hola amigo @gasmeter un dia @g22 me recomendó para hacer el corte apical que siempre es mejor dejar tallo a la planta y llevar el corte justo por debajo del juego de ramas, hice una prueba en dos plantas y el resultado fue que la que tenía un pequeño tallo por cortarla bien siguio en condiciones y la que aproxime el corte al contrario perdio las ramas superiores y el a mi me hizo perder tiempo....

No se si me habre explicado correctamente 

Un saludo hermano :party:

• Like 1

After topping all the plants they seemed to recover quickly and the plants have produced plenty of new growth.

I was going to update last night but the battery on my camera was flat so I had to charge it and I took some images tonight, I noticed that I had only FIM'd one of the plants I remember when I cut it there the gap between the node and new growth was very small.

As you advise @R.G.S I was trying to leave a little bit of stalk behind to give strength to the top of the plant, anyway I nipped off the bit of stalk and the new nodes so the plant is properly topped now.

Here are a couple of images of the tops of the plants.

All 4 Sweet Valley Kush in grow tent under LED.

10oct-2019-svk-grow-tent-led.jpg

Top growth on each plant.

10oct-2019-svk-one-top-of-plant.jpg

10oct-2019-svk-two-top-of-plant.jpg

10oct-2019-svk-three-top-of-plant.jpg

10oct-2019-svk-four-top-of-plant.jpg

Last night the dirt in the root pouches of the other 3 plants was nice and dry so I gave them all 2 litres of water to flush the dirt.

So I will now let them dry out then give them a mild feed.

• Like 2

If you sincerely try one on a couple of plants you realize and understand that it is better to leave a stem so that the plant does not suffer so much the upper part that they are as far away as possible from the cut of apical stem or fim, it makes them pass faster  recovery after the cut is a living being and sometimes they do not overcome it, in comment mode my doctor # 4 from the outside tried to grow some outbreaks but the plant said that not instead # 1 is still alive and until it pollinates one of its branches

Greetings brother ✌️ 😉 👍

:party:

Si sinceramente de probarlo uno en un par de plantas se da cuenta y entiende que es mejor dejar tallo para que la planta no sufra tanto la parte superior que esten lo mas alejadas posibles del corte de tallo apical o fim, hace que pasen mas rapida la recuperación despues del corte es un ser vivo y aveces no lo superan, en modo comentario mi doctor #4 de exterior pretendia que creciese unos brotes bajeros pero la planta dijo que no en cambio #1 sigue viva y hasta polinize una de sus ramas

Un saludo hermano ✌️ 😉 👍 

:party:

• Like 1

Time for a progress update on the 4 Sweet Valley Kush plants.

All of the plants are healthy and seem to be growing well making lots of new nodes all over each plant.

The dirt in the root pouches is drying out still after I gave 3 of them 2 litres of water last Thursday and the plant with the fan leaves that were clawing slightly the dirt is still drying as well.

They should be ready for a drink in the next couple of days.

Here are some photos I took earlier tonight.

All 4 Sweet Valley Kush plants in the grow tent under LED.

13oct-2019-svk-grow-tent-led.jpg

All 4 Sweet Valley Kush plants in normal light.

13oct-2019-svk-normal-light.jpg

SVK one site of plant where topped.

13oct-2019-svk-one-topping-site.jpg

SVK two site of plant where topped.

13oct-2019-svk-two-topping-site.jpg

SVK three site of plant where topped.

13oct-2019-svk-three-topping-site.jpg

SVK four site of plant where topped.

13oct-2019-svk-four-topping-site.jpg

Top stalk close up of nodes.

13oct-2019-svk-top-stalk-close-up.jpg

The plants are now over a month old so tomorrow I will reset the timer so they are on a 12/12 photoperiod to get them into flower.

• Like 2

Time for a mid week update on the 4 Sweet Valley Kush.

The dirt in the root pouches of all the plants was nice and dry so yesterday afternoon I mixed 2ml of root stimulant and 2ml of soil grow plant food in 1ltr of water.

For the smallest plant that has a few fan leaves with the tips are pointing down I put 500ml of the feed solution into a 2ltr jug then I added 500ml of water and I gave this solution to the plant so it gets a mild feed.

Then I gave each other the other 3 plants 1 litre of the undiluted feed solution.

When I checked on them this morning at 6.30am when I got up and the LED came on they looked very happy, this afternoon I took some photos of them and then adjusted the LED so it is 18 inches above the top of the plants.

Here are some images of the plants.

All 4 Sweet Valley Kush in the the grow tent under LED.

16oct-2019-svk-in-grow-tent.jpg

All 4 Sweet Valley Kush in normal light.

16oct-2019-svk-in-normal-light.jpg

Sweet Valley Kush plant side view.

16oct-2019-svk-side-view.jpg

Sweet Valley Kush plant top stalks.

16oct-2019-svk-top-stalks.jpg

Sweet Valley Kush plant top view.

16oct-2019-svk-top-view.jpg

I have removed all the growth at the site of the first set of true leaves which were all tiny.

During the first 2 weeks of flowering I will continue to feed them grow feed the are going to use it as they stretch, then I will flush them and give them a mild feed of the bloom feed.

Happy growing...  :pleasantry::smoke:

• Like 2

@g22 no I did not measure them before I adjusted the timer.

I did measure the smallest this afternoon and it is about 23cm tall and the tallest is about 28cm tall the nodes were pretty tight and over the past few days since I changed the photoperiod they have definitely started to stretch and stalks are getting longer and thicker.

So I took yours and @OG.Naj advice and removed the teeny leaves away from the site of the first true leaves so it does not waste energy on them.

• Like 3

Time for an update on the 4 Sweet Valley Kush plants.

All of the plants are healthy and growing well the dirt in their root pouches was dry so this afternoon I mixed a solution of 3ml of root stimulant and grow nutrient in 1 litre of water.

In total I mixed 4 litres of the feed solution then I measured 500ml of water and added 500ml of the feed solution which I then poured into a little watering can and then I watered and fed the smallest plant so it got a mild feed solution.

Then I gave the other 3 plants 1ltr of the feed and water solution.

Here are some images of the plants I took before watering and feeding.

All 4 Sweet Valley Kush under LED.

19oct-2019-svk-under-led.jpg

19oct-2019-svk-in-normal-light.jpg

Sweet Valley Kush plant side view.

19oct-2019-svk-side-view.jpg

Sweet Valley Kush stalks close up.

19oct-2019-svk-stalks-close-up.jpg

Sweet Valley Kush top of plant.

19oct-2019-svk-top-of-plant.jpg

I will let them dry out again over the next few days and then I will flush them all and let the dirt dry out again before I give them a mild solution of bloom feed.

Happy growing...  :smoke::pleasantry:

• Like 3

Time for a mid week update on the 4 Sweet Valley Kush plants.

I was thinking the dirt in the root pouches would be nice and dry today but it is not quite dry enough yet so I decided to leave them another day, I might leave the smallest plant until Friday.

Once the dirt is dry I will give them all 2 litres of tap water each to flush the dirt.

Here are some images I took earlier today.

23oct-2019-svk-normal-light.jpg

All 4 Sweet Valley Kush stalks.

23oct-2019-svk-stalks.jpg

SVK stalk close up.

23oct-2019-svk-stalk-close-up.jpg

SVK top view of plant.

23oct-2019-svk-top-view.jpg

SVK new growth.

23oct-2019-svk-new-growth.jpg

All of the plants are growing well stretching and growing lots of new nodes I should see some pistles soon.

• Like 3

Time for an update on the 4 Sweet Valley Kush plants at the end of week 2 and the start of week 3 of flowering.

Continuing from my last update the following day on the Thursday the dirt in all four root pouches was nice and dry and they all felt light, so I gave each plant 2 litres of tap water that had been stood in 2 litre pop bottles for a couple of days.

I also got the dehumidifier out of the little cupboard space and put it in the grow tent to keep control of the humidity within the grow tent and to help the plants to metabolise/transpire and consume the water in the dirt to also dry it out.

After removing the stalks at the bottoms of the plants at the site of the first set of true leaves the remaining stalks above although bigger do not have a knuckle where they connect to the main stalk like the top 2 stalks and they were growing close to the main stalk pointing straight upwards.

On a couple of plants only a couple of set of stalks were looking a bit weak, so I decided that rather than cut them off I would tie them down and do a little bit of LST so the plants will strengthen the stalks and beef them up and form knuckles like the rest of the stalks.

I was wondering how to fix the string to the root pouches without damaging them, in the past when I was using plastic rubble buckets I just used a brad to make a hole through the top of the wall, then I noticed a hair grip in my nieces hair as I was having a brew which got me thinking about something to clip onto the pouch.

Then I realised I had plenty of paper clips which are easy to bend a bit more to increase their grip on the material and they are well cheap and there are lots of places that sell them.

So on Friday afternoon I used some soft thin string to tie down the lower stalks on the plants, with one plant I only needed to tie down 2 stalks, with the smallest I had to tie down 6 stalks which has also opened up the plants and allowed more light in to the whole plant.

On the other 2 plants I tied down 4 stalks, the smallest plant is now 44cm tall and the tallest is 54cm tall and the other 2 plants are 50cm tall.

The temperature in the room is 24 to 28C in the day and about 18 to 20C during the night the humidity is around 45% to 60% the higher humidity is during the night without the dehumidifier running it would be a lot higher.

Yesterday afternoon I took some photos of the plants and the dirt in their root pouches was nice and dry and they felt light but I decided to let them go another day to make sure they were ready for a drink.

So this morning I mixed 2ml per litre or root stimulant and 2ml per litre of bloom feed and I gave the smallest plant 2 litres, then I mixed 3ml per litre of root stimulant and 3ml per litre of bloom feed and gave the other 3 plants 2 litres of the water and feed solution.

All the plants have lots of baby buds now so the first feed of the bloom nutrients should make them happy.

Here are some images of the plants I took yesterday afternoon.

All 4 plants in the grow tent under LED.

27oct-2019-svk-in-grow-tent.jpg

All 4 plants in normal light.

27oct-2019-svk-in-normal-light.jpg

SVK side view of plant.

27oct-2019-svk-side-view.jpg

SVK stalk.

27oct-2019-svk-stalk.jpg

SVK top view of plant.

27oct-2019-svk-plant-top-view.jpg

SVK baby bud close up.

27oct-2019-svk-baby-bud-close-up.jpg

SVK stalk with loop of string around it to tie it down.

27oct-2019-svk-string-on-stalk.jpg

Paper clip on the root pouch holding the string tightly in place.

27oct-2019-paper-clip-root-pouch.jpg

More updates to follow, happy growing... :pleasantry:

• Like 2