gasmeter

Sweet Valley Kush - 2019

38 posts in this topic

Since I topped all of the Sweet Valley Kush plants on Thursday it does not seem to have slowed growth much I can see new growth at the site each plant was topped.

Here are some images of the site on each of the plants where I topped them.

05oct-2019-svk-one-topped-site.jpg

05oct-2019-svk-two-topped-site.jpg

05oct-2019-svk-three-topped-site.jpg

05oct-2019-svk-four-topped-site.jpg

More updates soon, happy growing...  :pleasantry:

3 people like this

Looks very good bro! Good job as always :good: 

1 person likes this

Thanks @OG.Naj

Time for a quick update, yesterday the dirt in the root pouches was nice ad dry so I mixed 1 litres of feed solution containing 3ml root stimulant per litre, 1g of magnesium per litre and 2ml of grow feed per litre.

Then I gave each plant 500ml of the feed solution, tonight I noticed the leaves on the smallest plant starting to claw so I gave her 2 litres of clean water to flush the dirt hopefully she will be OK.

Once the dirt in the root pouches of the other 3 is dry I will give them just water and flush the dirt just to be safe.

Happy growing...  :pleasantry:

2 people like this

Hello friend @gasmeter one day @g22 recommended me to make the apical cut that it is always better to leave a stem to the plant and take the cut just below the set of branches, I did a test on two floors and the result was that the one I had  a small stem for cutting it well continued in conditions and the one that approximates the cut on the contrary lost the upper branches and the one made me waste time ....
 I don't know if I explained correctly

Greetings brother:party:

Hola amigo @gasmeter un dia @g22 me recomendó para hacer el corte apical que siempre es mejor dejar tallo a la planta y llevar el corte justo por debajo del juego de ramas, hice una prueba en dos plantas y el resultado fue que la que tenía un pequeño tallo por cortarla bien siguio en condiciones y la que aproxime el corte al contrario perdio las ramas superiores y el a mi me hizo perder tiempo....

No se si me habre explicado correctamente 

Un saludo hermano :party:

1 person likes this

After topping all the plants they seemed to recover quickly and the plants have produced plenty of new growth.

I was going to update last night but the battery on my camera was flat so I had to charge it and I took some images tonight, I noticed that I had only FIM'd one of the plants I remember when I cut it there the gap between the node and new growth was very small.

As you advise @R.G.S I was trying to leave a little bit of stalk behind to give strength to the top of the plant, anyway I nipped off the bit of stalk and the new nodes so the plant is properly topped now.

Here are a couple of images of the tops of the plants.

All 4 Sweet Valley Kush in grow tent under LED.

10oct-2019-svk-grow-tent-led.jpg

Top growth on each plant.

10oct-2019-svk-one-top-of-plant.jpg

10oct-2019-svk-two-top-of-plant.jpg

10oct-2019-svk-three-top-of-plant.jpg

10oct-2019-svk-four-top-of-plant.jpg

Last night the dirt in the root pouches of the other 3 plants was nice and dry so I gave them all 2 litres of water to flush the dirt.

So I will now let them dry out then give them a mild feed.

2 people like this

If you sincerely try one on a couple of plants you realize and understand that it is better to leave a stem so that the plant does not suffer so much the upper part that they are as far away as possible from the cut of apical stem or fim, it makes them pass faster  recovery after the cut is a living being and sometimes they do not overcome it, in comment mode my doctor # 4 from the outside tried to grow some outbreaks but the plant said that not instead # 1 is still alive and until it pollinates one of its branches

Greetings brother ✌️ 😉 👍

:party:

Si sinceramente de probarlo uno en un par de plantas se da cuenta y entiende que es mejor dejar tallo para que la planta no sufra tanto la parte superior que esten lo mas alejadas posibles del corte de tallo apical o fim, hace que pasen mas rapida la recuperación despues del corte es un ser vivo y aveces no lo superan, en modo comentario mi doctor #4 de exterior pretendia que creciese unos brotes bajeros pero la planta dijo que no en cambio #1 sigue viva y hasta polinize una de sus ramas

Un saludo hermano ✌️ 😉 👍 

:party:

1 person likes this

Your plants looks very happy @gasmeter, a beautiful deep green color 💚👌

1 person likes this

Time for a progress update on the 4 Sweet Valley Kush plants.

All of the plants are healthy and seem to be growing well making lots of new nodes all over each plant.

The dirt in the root pouches is drying out still after I gave 3 of them 2 litres of water last Thursday and the plant with the fan leaves that were clawing slightly the dirt is still drying as well.

They should be ready for a drink in the next couple of days.

Here are some photos I took earlier tonight.

All 4 Sweet Valley Kush plants in the grow tent under LED.

13oct-2019-svk-grow-tent-led.jpg

All 4 Sweet Valley Kush plants in normal light.

13oct-2019-svk-normal-light.jpg

SVK one site of plant where topped.

13oct-2019-svk-one-topping-site.jpg

SVK two site of plant where topped.

13oct-2019-svk-two-topping-site.jpg

SVK three site of plant where topped.

13oct-2019-svk-three-topping-site.jpg

SVK four site of plant where topped.

13oct-2019-svk-four-topping-site.jpg

Top stalk close up of nodes.

13oct-2019-svk-top-stalk-close-up.jpg

The plants are now over a month old so tomorrow I will reset the timer so they are on a 12/12 photoperiod to get them into flower.

2 people like this

Your 4 SVK looks healthy bro, happy flowering 😎

1 person likes this