grodan slabs

Bigbuddy420

What the best way to feed plants in grodan slabs witha drip system drain to waste. Ive heard the old saying dont apply till its dry, but I read that gro dan likes smaller more frequent feedings. Whats up with the blocks i just pick em up if their light i feed whats the right way with grodan.

Guest superbluehaze

also,

I will add to Knuckle's excellent advice;

Flush regularly(every 2 weeks) with a Ec solution of around 1.

check the run off with an Ec meter to make sure salt is not biulding up in the rockwool.

When flowering let the rook wool dry out, as the roots of the plants need the oxygen to absorb vital elements.

all the best,

john

Knuckles right on its down to specifics.

I used this in the matching aqua tray,I chopped 8 blocks left spaces so roots didnt grow in to each other..

I set the tray up at a angle with a res/water pump and drippers (oh airstone in res).

I almost killed them like loads of times with the stupid drippers.

Over watered alot and got algae on top of the blocks.

It was a easy/cheap and quick way to get my stuff rolling,If I use again I will leave the top (plastic cover) of the packaging on to stop algae.

I reverted back to manual feed,left the air ston in the res and grabbed a jug every few hours and poored over..

As I say knockles right as theres so many different methods with using these slabs,I iked them as I got a quick/cheap fourescent tube,same lengh to sit over them which was perfect to get them all going..

I think you got to be very carefull on the lph of the drippers and the timers or just manually turn drippers on but if your doing that just get a jug out the res.

Worked fine for me,I transferred in to oxy pots (DIY) and there striving,look at my grow in indoor grows and youl see what I did..

IMO it was the cheapest/fastest option I had but the drippers almost killed me.

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldnt be picking them up to often and disturbing the root system. You need to explain your system a little more with detail, not just a drip system to waste, lol. Are they on tables, are you growing vertically, did you pop the clones directly into the slabs or insert cubes? I wouldnt let the slabs get to dry, this isnt soil your dealing with. If the slabs ever got to dry your plants will be dried out and drooping/dying also. You could lose your crop in a matter of hours. There's a very tiny timeframe of dryness that you can let them get too and its not worth the risk unless your in your last 3 or 4 weeks. I have used the Grodan slabs on a vertical system and they liked 15 min on, 15 min off all day and night. If they dry out totally, when you actually water again your pH and EC will be out of whack cause there re-soaking basically and you'll have to manual top feed a bunch of times and it turns into a pain in the ass for nothing. Your not going to yeild anything more by letting them dry out, bottom line.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

IO VOLEVO SAPERE COME DEVO FARE PER OTTENERE 1000 CLONI DELLA STESSA ALTEZZA DA 2 PIANTE MADRI ??, DATO CHE PRELEVANDO I CLONI POCO ALLA VOLTA MI RITROVEREI CON 1000 CLONI DI LTEZZA DIVERSA TRA LORO, E IO NON VOGLIO CHE ACCADA! GRAZIE ANCORA PER LA PAZIENZA!

Please Antonella in the future, Use google translate to post the english translation of your text under your italian text, you will get a lot more answers that way ;)

Si prega di Antonella in futuro, utilizzare Google Translate per pubblicare la traduzione in inglese del testo sotto il testo in italiano, otterrete risposte molto di più in quel modo;)

• 1 month later...

hello, I wish someone could help me, I have some plants in the vegetative el nino but a few days well known that even if sonobelle green leaves tend to harden and to roll over into, like a hand with the fingers parted, we want to clarify that the humidity is a little low about 33% -42%. Vichiedo to help me if you can, thanks!