places to stay

hazeydayz

hi all

was just planning my next trip to Amsterdam i haven't been for a few years now so well over due

ive been searching the net for hotels/apartments and i cant seem to find any that you can smoke in because of the E.U law on smoking in public places so my question is to anyone that has either been lately or knows of hotels/apartments where its ok to smoke i really cant stay some where for a whole week without smoking any help would be grate

• Like 1

I doubt if you will find anywhere that will allow you to smoke pot;

I have just returned from Amsterdam, and it is true that if you get caught smoking on the street it is a 100 euro fine.

However, if you are careful, and do not smoke around children or schools, then you have nothing to worry about.

I asked the police when i was in Amsterdam about smoking on the street, and although they did not say it directly to me, they made it clear that as long as I was descreet and did not smoke around children or be too obvious about it, then I had nothing to worry about.

I did smoke on the street but I made sure that there were no children around and was careful.

I was there for 5 weeks and never did anyone say a word to me about smoking on the street.

If you have a motel room(or hotel room as they are called in holland), then i would imagine that what u do in your own room is up to you.

The places can not advertise that you are allowed to smoke pot in your room, as it is still illegal. It is tolerated but is still technically against the law.

If you are careful, I am sure you will be fine.

if you need to know of a good to stay that is cheap, clean and includes a good breakfast, then let me know.

take care

john

• Like 1

im going to amsterdam on thursday, i booked a room some months ago in the bulldog hotel, i hope i can smoke in my room, last time i went on september i went with one friend and we didint find room in any hotel, so we had to stay in teh street all the weekend, we didnt had any problem somking in the streets, always descret , in schipol and in central station we smoked some spliffs also and we didnt had any problems

• Like 1

Everytime i go with my smoking mates we stay at the delta on the main street from the train station to the square. They always give us a balcony room so we can smoke and watch the rat race from above ! This month i take the missus with me and we stay "up market!" Ill let you know the results.

A page with nice accomodation reccomended by the hunters is a good idea.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Stayed in a pleasant appartment right behind the greenhouse central (red light ?) worked out with tax about 70 euro a night but we saved money on breakfast, beverages and lunch as we had a fridge and a basic kitchen. Bong and grinder too and smoking allowed !.

view from the bathroom

back of the greenhouse is down there on the right !

inside appartment

• Like 1