İ want your most informative links... Hydro.

Demir

Hello brothers ... İ am a soiler. But i hear hydro rocks if you have a ph-meter. Well i am looking for ph meter... While i find it ... Could you help me by sending the links that helped you, and the links for beginners, i dont want grow logs. İ want basic to advantage hydro info. Thank you very much, ( i prefer easy hydro metods too)

Hey dude,

I've been on the net reading till my eyes friggin bleed for the last 8 months and to be honest there's not one or two or even 10 links that I could give you that would cover it all. I understand the frustration of reading page after page of shite on every forum out there. I do it everyday, lol :)

Maybe if your wanting to indulge in some hydro after a soil venture you could go with a simple coco/perlite mix. It's similar to soil in appearance but classed as hydroponics. Just feed with nutes every time and make sure she drys out, but not TOO much. Coco don't like being bone dry.

Hydro is simpler than soil imo. Depending on the setup of course. You should research different setups and figure out what's best for you. There's Deep water culture (DWC), Nutrient film technique (NFT), Flood and drain/ebb and flow.... to name a few. I handwater in coco and I like the hands on approach. I can check each of them over closely whilst I feed em :) Google these setups when you get a chance.

Hydro is a vague word, so many setups, methods etc. There's not much point searching threads without figuring out what setup your gonna go with, then you can specifically search for techniques :)

Take it easy, G :)

I'm not a hydro grower, so won't be able to give really good links, check on the forum we have plenty of threads about hydro ;)

And you will also need an EC meter in hydro with your PH meter, i'm telling you cause you can find some nice offers when you buy both at same time ;)

Good luck in your search man

Gonzo thanks for your work of typeing first of all... Well its just shicking for me to realize there is not even one informative link in strainhunters.. İ thought opposite.. Maybe some one in here should make some infOrmative posts for beginners, except posting grow logs... Helping is good. So well i will not check all the grow logs like you do( with respect) but i will go ask to our master .. George cervantes ) ...

And dust thanks man .. Dud i siriusly think you need to start some hydro grow.. İ think so, because i seen your other posts , You are looking like a good advice giver..but not at hydro , hydro iz good )) thanks brothers..will be around ...thanks

Hello tokage ... İ need the link that shows images and info to do it. The last link is general info about hydrophonic just like wiki, and first link gives. But i see you grow hydro so i would like to tell what i want to do simply to you.

After germinating the seeds.. İ want to take a little cup full of volcanic granules and want to put the plant on it. While the volcanic granule cup will be over a 6L a bucket. And it will be tightly closed so there wont be any light in root section.. So there will be a hose right over the granules ( near the plants ass) and will bring nut. Water from a second bucket by a water pomp... And the that pomp bucket will be at lower level than the plants bucket.. ( to complete to flow back to pomp bucket)

İ hope i expleined not that bad .. İf you can understand what i want please sent another link about it ... Anythng ... And the other thing i dont know how,, when ,, how much to mix nutes to water...

İ am glad to speak to you. Thanks

I think you should read books the info on the net is ok but books is the best, I read and read on the internet before I start to grow in hydro, but it was so hard to understand everything. A great book about growing in general is The Cannabis grow bible by Greg Green (you will find it for sale all over the net and even in local hydro shops. Then I recommend to have a look on my old growths for some great info on hydro growths. Here is a link to all my old growths. www.strainhunters.com/forums/topic/2913-jimmy%C2%B4s-grow-journals/

Best of luck to you buddy.

Peace & Smoke

Jimmy

You know what .. Forget hydro atm.. Dud no ec meter, no ph meter i atm gave up on hydro.. Thanks guys.. But one thng ... I will be doing probably

Soil or coco.. I wont have any ph or ec meter. So when i think what gonzo said abouth going coco. I think it would be great since coco carries air in it for roots.. And it holds good water. Maybe coco would be a great deal??

So what you guys think. At the end i wont have any ph meter/ec meter ( cant order from internet or ebay .... Just cant) .. So soil or coco...?? And gonzo man i would like to hear that coco gives rocky buds .. ! You said it called also hydro!

Coco is awesome, just check out white widow I've entered into the Plant of the month. I've just kept my conditions right and fed her when she feels light. Also, don't wanna admit this but I haven't checked my pH for a month, Sensi pH perfect is the bomb :) I do own a pH meter but only use my Ec. I know you can't buy an Ec meter but I can't stress how much it helps. My girls would be dead if I followed the directions on the bottle. If it's at all possible - get one. If entirely not possible then just start with a quarter of the recommended dose and watch them as they react in a few days.

You were right to trust in Jorge Cervantes. His book is paramount to diagnosing problems. Another must buy :)

Again....read till you bleed :)

Yes i agree with you guys.. But i dont know this little things are not existing in our markets.. Abd they are expensive or unthrustable from internet. But man i need to buy one huh.. U know what ill do like this if my water is not in good ph level .. My plants gona get ill and thats the time i am gona order both a ph/ec meter... And coco sounds awesome yet... I dont have enough place (vertically plants must be small) so i guess i am gona use 6L of bottles ( let the roots get intimated) .. I have 3 seedling and 2 is on the way.. 1 coir brick enough for one 6L bottle?

• 2 weeks later...

I have never done coco but im pretty sure it rocks. About meters. A Ec meter is not something that you need and you can go without but a PH meter is far more importent.

Without it hydro would b super hard and you would be wroking in the dark so to speak. Ifi had to learn a new thing i would def go coco.

Please Tokage can you explain to me why as you say that Ec meters can be left out in a hydroponic NFT system and that ph meters can not. Because I really believed that one couldn't do with out either of them. Though since Advanced Nutrients made their ph perfect series and I started to use osmosic water my ph has been perfect ever since. I honestly believed that the .ec meter was far more important since you kill your plants if you over feed.

Peace friend. :-)

Yes but you can also follow the general directions on the nute bottle which in most case would be the correct EC. Most of the time we start at 1/4 then 1/2 ect ect of what the nute bottle said. If you are getting your PH incorrect it will cause a lot more problems than a little under or over fertilizing could ever do.

Okay thanks a lot friend. Just got confused. Lol thought you ment that you easily could do without an Ec because I know I can't do without mine lol. I wasn't trying to offend anyone. And I never I my wildest dreams imagined that plants would thrive on such high Ec levels that is really a surprise to me. Thanks fore the explanation Tokage that was really all I was looking for.

Yes but you can also follow the general directions on the nute bottle which in most case would be the correct EC. Most of the time we start at 1/4 then 1/2 ect ect of what the nute bottle said. If you are getting your PH incorrect it will cause a lot more problems than a little under or over fertilizing could ever do.

Thanks friend. I know ph I very important and that's exactly why I use advanced nutrients ph perfect on osmosic water because that puts my ph right in the sweet spot every time without having to use regulating acids.