extending photo periods guerrilla style

bigred

hi all was hoping on buiding a device that lets me power lights on my guerrilla grow the idea basicly consists of a solar panel

some batteries and led lights. I read in marijuana botany that you only need a little light attached to the top of the plant

so i thinking using 3 watt chips and have one per plant . would love to hear if anyone else has tried something similar

as it would be good to get a better crop in the winter months

interesting thread man, i have'nt heard of that technic before, and i guess you would have to have a a very safe guerilla spot to allow lights to run and risking to spot your plants :)

Hope you'll find someone to help you on that, but leds really don't eat a lot of battery so i'm sure you'll find an easy way to do that ;) Looks on the web for some DIY led lamps maybe some nice plans will hang around ;)

Good luck man

well i wanted to use led's they are cool burning and hopefully will not stand out like dog's balls

i bought some fairy lights which have a solar pannel hope they are strong enough to keep it in grow mode

will do a few experiments and i will post my results i wonder how many lumens it takes to keep a plant in grow mode

i was thinking give it a hour in the middle of the night was reading another thread on lighting hour's 12 +1 or 12,5.5,1,5.5 (reinhard delp ) but i thinka lot of trial and error will go into this before it becomes a possible tek. I also will trial light wavelength's see if blue or red or a mix of both will help but the main factor is stealth as with any gorilla grow and a lot will have to do on the strain as well, any recommendations on strains will be greatly appreciated one with a strong will to stay in grow and loves dry conditions might be able to put one through two seasons and grow it 5 meters or three seasons 10 meters now im just getting carried away

Where and when are you planning to do this grow ?

It sounds like your planning to light up your plants in the winter months with a couple of diodes on each plant ?

It doesnt sound viable to me ! Although ive never seen or heard anything like it before im not saying it cant be done but the amount of leds needed to produce the lumens would surely bring attention to your plants. get yourself a good led pannel and veg your plants indoors through the winter pinching out plenty then have it ready to go in April, i think thats your best bet for a 5 meter plant !!!

Please let us know how you get on and good luck

in marijuana botany he talks of how little light is actually needed to keep a plant in veg its a great read i reckon any grower worth his salt should read this book

it has so much useful info in it and im not to worried about my plant's been seen and the led i think one way to test the theory is to get a veg clone

and put it out side with a few led's on it and see if it will go into flower . a foaf had a grow next to a highway and the street light was always shining

on it it stayed it grow in winter for at least 3 months then rippers got it so i never got to see it flower . the hardest part is to see how much light hours

it needs would be cool if you could put the lights on every hour for a couple of minutes but its all trial an error

• 2 weeks later...

im about to start my experiment using 3 watt chips will document it all for all you guy's , but the basic idea is that the light

will come on for a couple of hour's durring the night . My main hope is to keep a plant in veg for as long as posible

and the 3 watt chips im using are in the blue spectrum most of my idea's came from marijuana botany

and it goes into depth the photocycles of the cannabis plant

• Like 1