atrox's collectibles (Veg, Flower, Seed, Clone)

atrox

i think its time to introduce my new family members...

3x cinderella 99

a classic strain imo. have heard and seen so many good reports in the past in another forum.

i just had to try her out :D

for one baby i builded a new dwc bucket with a 400l/h pump and 2 airstones.

two of the seedlings will go on coco and i plan to take clones again soon.

new bucket

new stuff

post-14547-0-89208200-1378529850.jpg

post-14547-0-05591500-1378529852.jpg

• Like 1

man atrox some killer stuff, the White urkle is looking to die for same with the super critical, what company is the super criical from again? both look like plant's i wanna grow soon. i wish so badly i had a room to work with like you man, you do a real good job too at utilizing the space per square meter keeping everything tight and what not it's really amazing. im sticking around to see the rest for sure bro!! good luck with the rest!!

Congrats on the blessing!

Ps, how long on average does it take your plants to totally dry?

Think I have to ask a few ppl that one.

For me atm its about 5 days on average....Wondering how ppl get their plants to dry longer??

Bless

interesting and often discussed topic the dry time.

if we talk "totally dry" i would say about 2 weeks.

totally dry for me means that i can store it in a plastic bag with no danger. no rest liquid.

but i always recomend recomend to do a step by step drying.

first 3-4 days, dakness, temperatures below 20°, as much moving air as possible !

then, zipper bags, jars, any sort of box, 12 hours air dry, 12 hours bagged

you do that for about a week or 2, then its safe to store imo.

always depending on weather and general humidity, wich can be really shitty. summer is shit to dry in my experience.

i like the cold dry winter air more

the step wise style is nice because you really feel the process, a natural product need to get "well".

bud size is important too, i can dry popcorns in 2 days, real buds will have much moisture inside, and the slow dry/cure bud give me the best smoke.

best luck best wishes

• Like 3

Damn nice work on the supercritical..that's a super nug bro!! Nice info about drying too :) I like the 12 hrs in and 12 out routine part and may try it next time. Hows that White Urkle, chopped yet?

About drying, I have a tent to dry mine and put it in a spare room where I black out the window and in the summer set up a small a/c unit and a de-humidfier to dial in conditions, ya it costs in electricity but I can get conditions perfect most of the time, cept for super stupid hot/humid summer days when temps can climb a few degrees above optimal. I aim for 19-20 degrees C with rH @ 50% for 2-3 days with good air movement as Atrox said (complete darkness entire time), then I lower the temp to 17 - 18 degrees and let the rH rise to 55% and decrease air movement for another 2 - 3 days usually to slow things down a little, so 6 even 7 days for bigger nugs total before I put them in jars 1/2 full and start the burping process. Sometimes I leave the lids off for 12 - 24 hrs at a time even if they need it, or even put them paper bags loosely so they breath better if they sweat a lot.

Sorry Atrox, don't want to take away from your awesome show just wanted to help out and as usual can't shut up :banghead:

Peace!

• Like 1

hahah all good bro. no show going on here. just hard work. rofl

as i said you can discuss "dry time" all day, but in the end it just has to be not molded, and not too dry, some strains create a crazy strength on the lungs if over dried.

and cured or overdry is a big difference.

best smoke for me it is the bud that is 4-6 weeks old, atleast 4 weeks cured in jar lets say.

grow kush for example. first 2 weeks in drying i really not like most kushes. after 4-6 weeks you see the buds gettin a bit grey colored instead of green.

and thats the point where the weed completely changes, better taste, same or better high.

• Like 2

I'm liking them big chunky buds!! Nice harvest :biggrin: Damn they look tight!! I wonder if that super crit smokes at all like her little auto sister..I would imagine even stronger.,just loaded with red hairs. Beautiful works of art as to be expected :) Enjoy brother!

And ya drying at times can be "6 of one a half dozen of the other" as they say and two different methods can bring the same results I think if basics are followed. I've also found around 4 - 6 weeks is when the true smell and flavor really come out as well and as you said the bud becomes smooth sweet pleasure to smoke!

Peace

thanks my friends.

lookin real good so far its about 100gr from the supercritical

and the 2 urkle gave round 180gr, maybe 150 if really dry.

But that was the coco, we switch over to hydro once again....

MM

post-14547-0-76500600-1379747535.jpg

ph5.8 ec2.5

and my baby c99 is rooting

( i put on that little rubber lid ... better isolated means less changing in ph so far )

post-14547-0-81646000-1379748108.jpg

post-14547-0-36369700-1379748110.jpg

peace

• Like 1