Gorgeous level canopy with some top shelf strains..damn your place is gonna stink real good come drying time! :biggrin: Can't wait to see some fat colas and all those strains..gonna be REAL pretty bro..keep up the skills man!

Peace

Cheers brother :) Can't wait to see just how this 600w produces! I'm also using an additional 380w of T5VHO for my 5-6 hours in addition, so really I'm anxious too see what I can do with adequate lighting! And yeah you're right the place is gonna reek haha. I've got the carbon filter running, some Ona Pro gel, and come extra carbon to phang around haha! Made SURE to step up my odor control for these strains with Kush and Chemdawg in them :) IMO, the worse part of the grow is that time sort of inbetween the drying and the curing haha. It's tortorous having all the bud and nothing being able to enjoy it quite yet! As if we don't wait long enough

Glad that someone with your skills can appreciate my art :) Pleasure watching your posts around the forum! You keep it up too!

I already got a 600w BABY! W/o proper ducting it gets up to 100 in the room!! Couldn't imagine a 1000w.. LOL.. Aight son -

ordering my 400w now!

Right on! I'm flowering with pretty much 1000w this time(980w)in a 4x4 tent. I'm really anxious right about now man!

And yeah, 1000w lamps are dumb hot! Like you need an AC cooled room to run those.

And I was also thinking about the leaves looking kinda leathery like Pete mentioned.

You smoke cigs? Or do you ever touch any tobacco and then touch your plants without watering?

Tobacco mosaic virus also makes wierd leaves like that.

Ps: explain the Asprin Foliar to me.

If anyone doesn't mind. Heard that your females produce pollen that way. Other say it helps the plant fight off pests.

Love and Light

As far as the aspirin foliar goes brother, check out the thread I made about it.

There are several links that in the OP(Original Post). All the info I found revelant I posted here:

http://www.strainhunters.com/forums/topic/7184-aspirin-in-the-garden/ :haha:

Bless brothers

• Like 1

And this is why I love this forum. Help is always available. Thanx IG, I will do some reading tonight when I get home

Always! Anything for the ones willing to help themselves :cool:

This forum is by definition, this shit :D I'm in love too haha

Later brother

• Like 1

Good morning bro. My body doesn't want to wake up yet. 'Bout to go check on the plants and give you that specific update on texture. They feel normal to me. Like they're not crispy or soggy feeling, you kno?

Morning brother! And I think it's more the look than the feel. If you don't do tobacco around the girls tho, I wouldn't worry about the TMV.

Every morning I wake up a little high lol. I love it. No need to wake and bake over here haha!

The reason I asked how they feel is because I had a plant that looked like that and had a leathery feel to the leafs. It turned out my PH was off by plenty.

About those spots. They look more like the start of a deficiancy to me. I see that you are gonna feed them now/then for the 1st time, so I think soon you'll see them dissapear. By my guess (which isn't always correct) looks like a mg or N deficiancy to me.

My 2c's

Love and Light

Edited by Stinky Pete

The reason I asked how they feel is because I had a plant that looked like that and had a leathery feel to the leafs. It turned out my PH was off by plenty.

About those spots. They look more like the start of a deficiancy to me. I see that you are gonna feed them now/then for the 1st time, so I think soon you'll see them dissapear. By my guess (which isn't always correct) looks like a mg or N deficiancy to me.

My 2c's

Love and Light

Thanks. They feel normal to me. Not soft nor hard. Just right.

However, I'm using rain water. I have no cal-mag stuff .. I'd have to go buy some. What are some organic solutions? I tried using Egg Shells & Epsom Salt. Couldn't tell ya if that did the trick or not. Sure as hell stank though. I'll go check with my PH pin now.

Thanks again bro.

Eggshells

Eggshells are a good source of calcium but to be effective the shells must be dried and crushed.  This must be done so that the calcium is made available for the plant.  Another approach is to add eggshells to your watering can.  Let the water sit for a while before watering your plants.  This will give the calcium time to leach into the water.

Powdered Milk

Powdered milk is not only good for human consumption but also for plants.  This source of calcium needs to be mixed in the soil prior to planting.  Since the milk is in powder form it is already for the plant’s use.

• Like 1

Eggshells

Eggshells are a good source of calcium but to be effective the shells must be dried and crushed. This must be done so that the calcium is made available for the plant. Another approach is to add eggshells to your watering can. Let the water sit for a while before watering your plants. This will give the calcium time to leach into the water.

Powdered Milk

Powdered milk is not only good for human consumption but also for plants. This source of calcium needs to be mixed in the soil prior to planting. Since the milk is in powder form it is already for the plant’s use.

For me, what I did was crushed and added into 1 gal. Like 6 shells. Let it sit for 24 hr's and applied to plants.

Oh no sir! I have not done that with this current batch! I'll give it a shot but I'm about to do a ph check now.

PH with regular feeding water (rain water) is 7.3PH

Doing some reading - it's ideal to have 6.5 ph? But isn't the soil suppose to buffer that??

I edited my post but ; since this made a new page ..

ph : 7.3 with the rain water. again this is water thats in my 5 gal bucket.. not run off ph measurements.

now.. isn't soil suppose to buffer that?~ I know that the ideal is 6.5~~~

Nice convo ^^^

@Pete, the necrotic spots don't ever heal! They're dead spot lol, so one the show up, they're gonna be there for good!

And I wouldn't advise the dolomite as that's pretty much pH up in terms of organics.

@C4, that's what's up that you're tobacoo free. That means no TMV for you.

But the pH should remain about neutral in a good organic mix. The plant should be getting everything that it needs.

You can't really control the pH in your situation buy watering unless you wanna kill the microbes I feel like. The microbes within the soil will control the pH. & the humus content should buffer the pH of everything you add. You can however top dress with some peat and then water that in. If you think pH is your prob.

I haven't pH'd once this run tho.

PS-rain water PH shouldn't be that high!!

But in the event you think you notice a def. for any reason, you gotta look to foliar feeding for sure!

I have some random leaves from time to time that have spotting or yellowing, but it's always isolated and near the bottom of the plants where little photosynthesis is happening.

I look at the new growth and the plant as a whole for the most part.

But with a living soil, you put everything there already..the plants take what they need. If they need more of something at any given moment I think you can foliar.

Work foliar into your routine for sure.

For organic Cal/Mg I've been using epsom salt as well as the short brew and nutritional brew ACTs as foliars.

Look at the OP for the recipes. & look at the soil mix now compared to what it started as.

It's really evolved the more I've learned and I think that really shows in this current run.

But I tried to put a little bit of everything there so that the plant has a buffet to work with.

Right now a majority of the plants that are perfectly green from top to bottom, but one of two haven't been. But eveything is happening along the bottom os the plants as far as leaf discoloration, so I don't worry.

Use the kelp meal you have and vermicompost to topdress would be my current advice tho! Also maybe brew a balanced tea and apply it as a foliar. Foliars are instant while the topdress releases over time. Its the "natural" way to feed in organics. To feed the plant you feed the soil :cool:

Everything is already in the soil, so if you notice deficiences you can refer to the pH im sure, but to address those issues, foliar spraying sounds like a win!

And that was a brief lesson from my POV haha! About to update.

Bless

Day77 From Seed.

Day 17 Flower

Featuring the DNA Genetics La Chocolat (feminized seed)

This plant is growing very nicely! It's growing literally straight up w/ very little to practically no branching from the 5 main colas. Just cola!

This plant has been pretty satisfied overall. Didn't really have so much of a smell today, as it still kinda smelled like the last foliar still.(I figure I'll stop foliar feeding around wk5 btw!)

But this plant is among the 2 or 3 tallest plants in the tent for now! I guess becuase it has so little side branching..

Either way, I'm looking VERY VERY VERY forward to the chocolope part of this strain! It's pretty obvious I have a chocolope dominant pheno, as LA Confidential is supposed to be a shorter, more squat stain with any pheno of it according to the DNA gang :)

But today was a watering day! Gave have the gang a microbial short brew ACT w/ only compost and molasses, and gave the other half plain water.

Noticed a few funky looking leaves around the bottom of some of the plants with todays watering. Did another clean-up along the lower parts of the plants to removing the no competitive flowers growing down there. So far all so good tho! The leaves that I have had to remove or that were showing issues are all along the bottoms of the plants, so I feel its just leaves hear and there dying like normal.

I'm really surprised with the pistil development on all the plants! I can already envision the buds in the places another couple months from now :)

post-26357-0-64251100-1374619453.jpg

post-26357-0-16637500-1374619459.jpg

post-26357-0-36312200-1374619479.jpg

• Like 3

Lots of good info/convo rolling around here :) Bro that's another nice plant & strain choice! I've had the LA Confidential but not the Chocolope..but also sounds like a wonderful strain so the 2 together should be bombski! Nice work with the individual updates, cool format man :) :)

Peace

• Like 2