Today I gave it some Epsom salt foliar feeding brah. I'll let you know the results..

Nice! Check out the thread I just created here : http://www.strainhunters.com/forums/topic/7322-plant-nutrients-mobile-vs-immobile/.

Some good info abound on what to look for when diagnosing your plants!

Epsom Salt is my go to product whenever I suspect nute lock or when I just feel like flushing my soil.

But soil is in the past now. I moved over to a Coco/Perlite mix and loving it.

Nice! You flush with epsom salt tho?! What's the logic?! Curious!

I didn't add any to my soil as I was worried about adding salt to the soil ecosystem really. But I did foliar with it a couple times just to supply some Cal to the leaves as it's an immobile element ;)

And @ Smokey, thnks brother! I'm over here aiming for a gang of top shelf! Something like what you have haha!

Bless

Day78 From Seed.

Day 18 Flower

Featuring the Grandaddy Purple Seeds Original Grandaddy Purple (regular female seed)

So we're officially at the halfway point in week 3 flowering! So far all has been pretty much perfect with this lass.

She's dropped the least foliage of all the plants in the garden I think, and has been 100% green from top to bottom for the most part.

This is also the most uniform growing plant in the garden! As far as I'm concerned its structure is perfect! I wish they all turned out exactly like this one!

Took it out of the tent(from the back) and forgot to really smell it so I'll report back on that tomorrow or the next day when I have it out again. As far as the pistil development, I think this plants development is within the top 3 in the tent!

It's a VERY VERY thirsty plant at this point. The leaves start to droop after only 3 days without water now, so I'm watering the plants every 3rd calendar day. Very soon to be every 2nd day watering I'm sure! Water her with plain water yesterday BTW. She's due for her microbial ACT in a couple days :)

She has happy leaves today I think because she's been blast with and extra 380w of blue light during the "peak" of the day that I've created haha.

I'm amped about this American heirloom strain!

Bless

Another couple months and I should get the first taste of her.

post-26357-0-04258300-1374697836.jpg

post-26357-0-37498800-1374697850.jpg

post-26357-0-64693800-1374697856.jpg

post-26357-0-44010300-1374697869.jpg

• Like 1

Day79 From Seed(Day 72 For The Bay 11-started it a week later).

Day 19 Flower

Featuring the Grandaddy Purple Seeds Bay 11 (regular female seed)

So today I gave the girls their final topdressing which consisted of:

• 1/4 cup Alfalfa Meal
  • 1 tbsp Hi-P Bat Guano
  • 1 tbsp Kelp Meal

I gave them a similar topdressing with compost and EWCs 2 1/2 weeks ago and the roots have now claimed that topdressing as topsoil!

I suggest all to mulch if you don't already! Compost makes a great mulch at least in my experience!

I also gave the girls what should be their second to last foliar during the season.

This foliar consisted of:

• 1 gal H20
  • 1 tsp Kelp Meal
  • 2 tsp Alfalfa Meal
  • 1 1/2 tsp Molasses
  • Oxygenated for 24hrs.

It's more of a hormone and trace nutrient solution.

Also should add that I'm still selectively pinching, bending, and super cropping. Don't want the plants to get any taller really..

Bless

post-26357-0-33899200-1374787228.jpg

post-26357-0-37091400-1374787234.jpg

post-26357-0-57933200-1374787245.jpg

post-26357-0-01736000-1374787251.jpg

post-26357-0-94590800-1374787271.jpg

Day80 From Seed

Day 20 Flower

Featuring the Humboldt Seed Organization Chemdawg (feminized seed)

So today we're 1 day from the final day of week 3 flowering! Time is flying over here and I'm LOVING THAT!

The plants are still growing vertically but not at an intense stretching pace. I'm hoping that they'll stop growing vertically sometime in the next week as this has been my past experience.

The Chemdawg is smelling awfully fuel-like these days.

It's grown into a very nice plant with 2 very equally dominant colas with little branching, and a few secondary colas.

As far as the pistil development of this plant, I'd say is somewhere in the middle to lower third of the 9 plants currently flowering, but it's one of the prettiest plants in the garden IMO :D

This one has been a breeze to grow. No problem at all as we close out wk 3.

She's dropped very little foliage along her bottom, suggesting that she's been very happy with life :D

The smell of the plants overall is really starting to come one! Everyday it's a little more!

I'm very anxious to experience all the different terpene expressions changing in the home stretch!

One of my favorite times during the run!

If you never smelled organically grown bud, just get a pot and grow one organic plant..

It gets pretty intense!

Bless

post-26357-0-71735300-1374856372.jpg

post-26357-0-06172500-1374856411.jpg

post-26357-0-67851100-1374856417.jpg

post-26357-0-49322900-1374856445.jpg

post-26357-0-62876400-1374856453.jpg

Day81 From Seed

Day 21 Flower

Featuring the Barneys Farm G13 Haze (feminized seed)

So here we go with todays update! My G13 Haze!

Today she's smelling very sweet. Not at all like cannabis.

Her pistil development isn't a little slower than most of the tent, I guess bcuz it's a Haze.

I'm also experiencing a Potash Def. in the garden! Not all plants are exhibiting the same level of deficiency, but all have some yellowing slowly from the bottom up.

I took a pic of the bottom leaf to show you guys what I mean.

Not a whole lot happning today tho! I don't have any chores to take care of in the garden, so I'm just watching them grow today!

I top dressed yesterday so I hope that it will clear up, some in the next few weeks due to that.

I'll also be giving them all a nutritional ACT this upcoming week, so they'll get something from that as well!

Will keep updated on the deficiency and how it goes! As of now I'm pretty short my plants have used up mostly all of their available K in healing the super crops that I've been making throughout the grow!

Looking VERY forward to this Hawaiian!

Bless

post-26357-0-58944900-1374937880.jpg

post-26357-0-38435300-1374937887.jpg

post-26357-0-61392100-1374937904.jpg

post-26357-0-86268300-1374937909.jpg

post-26357-0-06738000-1374937925.jpg

• Like 1

Lol thx brother! All good tho bcuz at least I can give you some good reviews on some strains that you might not have seen reviews on!

And you can sorta stay in the mind of the plant as you get ready for the next run haha!

You can ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS, be working on your outdoor plot during these times!

Feed the soil some, get it nice and ready to go for the outdoor run!

Wish I could grow outdoor in the motherland tho brother!

I regret that I'm not where you are haha!

There's a part of me burning for mama Africa! Can't wait to make it home :)

One day sooner than later!

Bless

I was thinking of going with a soilles mix and adding some worm compost as a soil mix for the season. Wanna keep it simple.

I also wanna try out other soil mixes and that's why I'm gonna try for at least 4 - 8 differant mixes. Each of my strains is gonna be tested in a each mix to see the effects, if any. Will maybe start a thread on that when season hits.

Wanna go full organic at the end of the day but it should also be able to stay on budget.

Dude, there is more than enough space here for you and your ladies. You can even stay in my flat.

BUT DONT LET ME CATCH YOU NOT GROWING. LoL

• Like 2

I was thinking of going with a soilles mix and adding some worm compost as a soil mix for the season. Wanna keep it simple.

I also wanna try out other soil mixes and that's why I'm gonna try for at least 4 - 8 differant mixes. Each of my strains is gonna be tested in a each mix to see the effects, if any. Will maybe start a thread on that when season hits.

Wanna go full organic at the end of the day but it should also be able to stay on budget.

Dude, there is more than enough space here for you and your ladies. You can even stay in my flat.

BUT DONT LET ME CATCH YOU NOT GROWING. LoL

Haha nice!

And i think that organic is cheaper than synthetic for sure. Over time is you build a good soil and keep it running smoothly, it will become fertile to the point where you don't really have to add anything to it! The soil I'm growing in right now, I grew in it during March and April! All I did was added a few things to in in the way of amendments and the let it sit for about a month, and potted up again! But I spent about $ 150 on soil stuff since last September maybe, and I won't have to buy anything at all next grow, other than a bag of compost which will be about $5 :).

No more soil every again if I can help it! At least until I need to grow more plants haha. But just trying to let you know that it costs a little something to start up, but once you get it started, it costs less and less until its eventually free :) When you don't put chemicals on the soil it gets better with time.

And the compost in the soilless? What's the logic? All it does is add life to the soil ecosystem, which makes nutrient in the soil available to the plants.

If you're using soiless tho, you're not using the soil to feed the plants, so I don't know that compost has the same effect in that situation you know?!

Would be a good idea to start a thread with 4 different mixes tho! That'd be very beneficial for the world to see :D Good idea for sure!

Ps, I'm booking my flight after harvest haha! Take care boss

Your girls are beautiful mate, I definitely looking forward for a report on that G13 haze

Cheers brother! Will keep you in mind while I think of what to report lol!

Any question you might have, shoot.

Ps, its dope when you look back thru the thread bcuz each plants pic is spaced about about 7-9 days, so you can really see how much they grow in a week :)

Bless bro

Day82 From Seed.

Day 22 Flower(The start of Wk4 Flower!!! The home stretch!!!)

Featuring The Canopy (& the worm bin)!!

OK SO!

Stretching OVER, Pistils POPPIN'! The home stretch! Smells picking up as well, with that said I took some note on aromas & things:

• Emerald Triangle Seeds Blueberry Headband is smells 100% like Blueberries already.
  • Humboldt Seed Organization Chemdawg went from the fuel smell to a sweet smell this week
  • Grandaddy Purple Seeds Original Grandaddy Purple smells moderately grapey but very fruity this week
  • Grandaddy Purple Seeds Bay 11 smells less skunky and more sweet this week. Nice mix of the two.
  • TGA Subcool Seeds Ace Of Spades is the most pungent this week. Pretty strong lemon aroma. Maybe this is a match genetically for Super Lemon Haze? We'll see how the smoke turns out :D Already growing big purple calyxes :D
  • Barney's Farm G13 Haze smells the 2nd most pungent this week! Smells very spicy! IMO it's identical to a younger flowering Super Lemon Haze :D
  • DNA Genetics LA Chocolat smells very sweet this week. Almost like my GDP.
  • T.H.Seeds Darkstar smells very sour this week! It's the third most pungest. I smell the kush for sure. Very Kush-like this one.

As for a few more stats(I'll be copy & pasting all of this next weeks lol):

• Largest plants in the room right now are the TGA Subcool Seeds Ace Of Spades & the T.H.Seeds Darkstar. The TGA Subcool Seeds Ace Of Spades is the most developed plant. Buds are starting to take form already!
  • Most troubled plants so far have been the Emerald Triangle Seeds Blueberry Headband & the Grandaddy Purple Seeds Bay. They're the only two plants that have really shown any issues. They're also the smallest plants in the tent.

I feel like they've both been lacking K and the Emerald Triangle Seeds Blueberry Headband is showing N def. also, but I top dressed everything today with some Fox Farm Ocean Forest Marine Cuisine, and a couple cups of earth worm castings. The marine cuisine isn't totally organic and has some immediately available nutrients in it, so I'm sure it'll do the job

Also administered an Epsom Salt foliar just to cover all the macros :D They get watered tomorrow, so I expect things to finish very strong!

We shall see!

My oh my how time is flying!

PS, I'm done bending and I'm not worried about the plants growing too tall anymore!

They're probably all a couple inches short of 2ft right now(just like last week) and will finish no taller than 3ft I'm sure! :)

I'm seeing pistils come in heavily as well as some frost, so I'm sure it's GO TIME!

Humidity has been constantly between 40-65% and the temps have been constant between 86ish(86-90)-73ish(73-73)

The worm bin is a few months in the work and is nearing harvest! Maybe another couple weeks and I'll harvest my own home made vericompost and worm castings

Also should add that worm bins are an EXCELLENT choice for disposing of old fan leaves and stems!

Blessings

post-26357-0-72593900-1375048565.jpg

post-26357-0-56223500-1375048572.jpg

post-26357-0-38638000-1375048579.jpg

Bay11, a couple days-a week younger than your's. Has a very nice structure and seems to be EXPLODING! This topdressing and tea should do wonders(this was right before I watered so its droopy)! Seems to be pretty triched up too. Getting a macro shot of it ASAP!

Cheers hunters!!! :bye:

FACKIN AYE!!! :D Can't wait brother!

Not much longer these days!

Looking too good!

Especially for a first run ever!

Cheers & Bless

AWESOME LOOKING PLANTS !!!

Loving these updates

Thanks brother!

& his 1st plant EVER!!! ^^^^

Pretty much PERFECT in those terms :D

Yours is looking like pretty much the same pheno as mine BTW.

What's she smelling like these days bossman?

I can't remember what you told me, if you told me anything lol.

Day83 From Seed.

Day 23 Flower(The 1st day of Wk.4 Flower!)

Featuring the TGA Subcool Seeds Ace Of Spades (regular female seed)

This thing is on it WAY! Very pleased with how this has grown. It's been the most vigorous growing plant in the garden by a bit!

Smells VERY pungent of lemons at this point, and is also growing VERY purple calyxes! Looking like these will be some marvelously colorful flowers! Lots of trichomes have already developed heads!

This strain usually comes down around 56 days, so it's pretty much almost half way done!

Lots of resin production here as well! The plants are all throwing out resin this week, so they're headed into full swing flowering as we turn the corner to finish things up!

But today was a watering day. Gave half the lasses the long brew nutritional ACT(in the OP), and watered the other half with a tbsp of Neptune's Harvest Fish Hydrolysate. It's got some soluble N so I figure'd I'll work it in this week as it's the last chance I'll get to use it alone.

I'll still use in in the ACTs, but not for nutritonal purposes. Rather for multiplying b/a in the ACTs. When I use in in the ACTs I use it to the tune of a 1/2 tsp per gallon, while the required feeding dose is 1 tbsp per gallon. Get the difference ?! :D

And for the last note, the plants are dropping now when I water them every 3rd day, so for the next couple waterings, I'll water them every other day and see how they take it. I'll back off it I need to of course, but didn't think I'd be watering every other day this soon.

But that's the Ace of Spades for this week! It's grown quite a bit when you look at the last photo of it! I'm expecting it to be the first plant I harvest, and to be VERY colorful :D

Bless

post-26357-0-67852000-1375132006.jpg

post-26357-0-36039700-1375132012.jpg

post-26357-0-53545300-1375132024.jpg

post-26357-0-22942000-1375132031.jpg

• Like 1

Damn bro..the hits start comin and they don't stop comin!!! I get over here when I can but man it's hard to keep up :P:) Great info and descriptions with the pics..gotta say thanks man..I can appreciate the time that must take. Keep those babies happy..I can just imagine the smell!! :biggrin:

Peace

Damn bro..the hits start comin and they don't stop comin!!! I get over here when I can but man it's hard to keep up :P:) Great info and descriptions with the pics..gotta say thanks man..I can appreciate the time that must take. Keep those babies happy..I can just imagine the smell!! :biggrin:

Peace

:D Cheers bossman!

Someone said one day a loonnnnnnnngggggg time ago lol that hard work pays off :D

So I'm trying to go as hard as I can in term of learning, but to be honest, this strain is just going hard haha!

And yes, the smells, ahhhhh :D Can't wait to see what they'll amount to another month and a week or so from now :D

Glad I got myself a new carbon filter and an air purifier haha. Ona too!

Cheers bossman!

Unfortunenately some TERRIBLE SHIIIIITTT happened this morning!

Last night while cleaning in the tent(I hope last night) I set the timer off a bit, so I woke up this morning at about 6:15am to the sound of my slightly buzzing ballast! Meaning tonight(hopefully tonight only), they got only 10hours of uninterrupted darkness!!!!

Anyone have any experience with anything like this? Damn I sure hope I don't hermie....STUPID MISTAKE and I'm pretty frustrated I let it happen :angry:.

Either way, just turned the lights right back off and set the timer back the way it was supposed to be set. Now I'm guessing I should be checking the plants thoroughly for balls for the next couple weeks :angry:

Any input based on your personal experiences it most certainly welcomed!

Bless & cheers in advance :cool: