First Journal: 4 King's Kush. Indoor 1x1x1,8m tent 400w HPS

Guovsahas

I removed the support net, since it was mostly in the way. Next time, I'll do it much earlier and use a frame. It's the start of week 6 in flowering.

In the first image the plant in the left corner of the tent has had some calcium deficiency that I've taken care of, the buds have really swollen up and the one in front has really stretched, the branches haven't really got the same swelling but it might be because I gave it less bio-bloombastic. The one that really surprised me was the fimed plant, it is much frostier than the other plants even the small buds are much frostier and it's so tempting to take a bud for smoking but I'm saving myself. I'm hoping that the buds are cured for 4/20, that'd be so awesome.

I'm already starting to prepare what to do with the leaves, I'm thinking of making QWISO hash with the sugar leaves from the harvest.

I've been looking for Tille but I can't find the little critter anywhere...

post-5154-0-87943800-1393350398.jpg

post-5154-0-26330900-1393350436.jpg

post-5154-0-50402400-1393350465.jpg

post-5154-0-98384400-1393350490.jpg

post-5154-0-01587000-1393350520.jpg

• Like 3

I've ordered some stuff for my harvest, a oilslick ball, two large C-vaults and I've also preordered a MyDx for cannabis which is used for testing cannabis, basically it tests the cannabinoids and terpenoids, also for contaminants, it can be used on oil and on bud (http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/mydx). For my next grow I've bought two koubachi plant sensors but I plan to have 4 which tests humidity, ph, temperature in soil and room, also light and nutrients, it'd be cool to keep track of how the plants are feeling and also to get a graph, I'm getting a Pro Grow LED 400 by Hydroponics Hut to save money on the electric bill

• Like 1

I just had a look at mydx it is wicked im in United Kingdom so not sure how much it would be but I would love one off these down the road it changes everything you could test everything it would be so good probably the best gadget I have seen for a long time peace to you with this little device you could have peace off mind all the time mad

• Like 1

It's into wek 7 of flowering, I just woke up to pee and I noticed the lights were on. I checked the timer and it should be off, I connected it to a different socket with a normal light and it was still on but after spinning it a few times it seems to be working. What should I do? It's a few hours until the lights go on and I can't go to sleep yet. I'm smoking a joint and wondering if I should buy a new timer. It's only a few more weeks left so any light stress should be in the clear.

I'm putting the light back on schedule 7.30 am to 7.30 pm even if the lights were on for a bit too long and I removed timer at 5 am so the plants got 2 hours of night. Or should I let the plats get 24 hours of night before going back to schedule?

Any sugestions?

After struggling two nights with something happening to my timer, I've needed to shut it off manually and I've noticed a little brown spots on two of them and necrosis so I've adjusted the ph a bit on them. It's the end of week 7 and I'm checking the trichomes with a microscope, on all of the plants all trichomes are cloudy so I'm reconsidering harvesting two plants next week for a energetic high and let one go a bit more for 50-50 ratio of amber and cloudy for a evening smoke.

Tille is gone... I can't find the critter anywhere. I wonder if it has fallen into the soil and when I've watered the plants it might've covered Tille with soil.

I'm also a bit worried since my weed guy got busted with 1,2 kg, I met him by chance on the bus and he said he has had cops following him around for the past few weeks and my number was on his phone that got taken by the police.

post-5154-0-32182400-1394402578.jpg

• Like 2

I've decided to take most of the popcorn buds and use them for QWISO, I'll be making two batches, one batch will be of trim and the other batch will be the popcorn buds. All the popcorn buds will be from the plant that I FIM'd but it's also the most frosty one of all the three plants. The other two plants have some nice buds so they'll be strictly for bud but the FIM'd plant will be for QWISO.

I'm harvesting this weekend. Here are some pictures I took with a digital microscope at 40X, I tried taking a few at 400x but my hands are to shaky for that and had to change the focus all the time. The two main-lined plants have 2-3% amber trichomes on the buds at the top while 99,99% are cloudy at the buds underneath, the FIM'd has around 1-2% amber trichomes at the top while the buds under are all milky

post-5154-0-34319600-1394562075.png

post-5154-0-58400700-1394562087.png

post-5154-0-78163100-1394562099.png

• Like 1

I started flushing on sunday and now I'm just giving it water, I'm aiming at harvesting at sunday or next week. I've got a problem with my microscope that I can't take pictures with it so I've got to take screenshots when I'm looking on the computer

post-5154-0-76706500-1394719234.png

post-5154-0-06266800-1394719243.png

post-5154-0-76740200-1394720820.jpg

post-5154-0-12667500-1394720853.jpg

post-5154-0-55761000-1394720924.jpg

• Like 1

You have got some fat buds on the first two ladies not saying the third hasn't but they are fat nice you did punish them ladies but this was a really interesting grow just seeing how much you can train them if you want is good to now and at the end you still get a good come back bud? Nice grow

Congrats on this great grow ! I grew 3 KK's not long ago and they were pretty large, nearly like a Sativa , so it is amazing what you did to get them bushy with these fat colas. respect. I was allergic to that smell from the Grape, really made my stomach feel bad and to make matters worse the carbon filter/ventilator died down and it was 2 weekd before I got a new better one /stronger % Rhino. the weed smoke was excellent in fact the best tasting weed I grew - it tasted like mandarins/tangerines and best of all a bit like menthol so you could really draw hard on the mofucker till the lungs expanded, tasty till the last draw. Not the strongest weed though !

With timers it is a bitch. I always stick to those with an inbuild clock, so any power out or occasional cut off of the sockets do not change the start/stop Plus I always got one in reserve. 

Cannot recall how many times the timers fucked things up. Still in that late flowering the few time delays do not reallymatter much.

Trichomes re not the only aspect, watch the weed, if they do not develop more weight and they are sticky + smell ripe you can cut them dow. The KK needed exactly 9 weeks under a 400 watt HPS in my case. I took one down in week 8 and it was okay but 9 weeks was perfect.

Bless

I'm triming the big buds, the popcorn buds will be used for qwiso. It was a bit dense in the center but I will be using tomato cage to separate the colas to let the light in. The ones I mainlined had a nice size and buds hada similar size but like I said the most resinous plant was the fim'd one so I'm going to upload pictures from the qwiso extraction tomorrow

post-5154-0-63640800-1394992072.jpg

post-5154-0-75088900-1394992395.jpg

post-5154-0-03251200-1394992408.jpg

• Like 2

Congrats on this great grow ! I grew 3 KK's not long ago and they were pretty large, nearly like a Sativa , so it is amazing what you did to get them bushy with these fat colas. respect. I was allergic to that smell from the Grape, really made my stomach feel bad and to make matters worse the carbon filter/ventilator died down and it was 2 weekd before I got a new better one /stronger % Rhino. the weed smoke was excellent in fact the best tasting weed I grew - it tasted like mandarins/tangerines and best of all a bit like menthol so you could really draw hard on the mofucker till the lungs expanded, tasty till the last draw. Not the strongest weed though !

With timers it is a bitch. I always stick to those with an inbuild clock, so any power out or occasional cut off of the sockets do not change the start/stop Plus I always got one in reserve. 

Cannot recall how many times the timers fucked things up. Still in that late flowering the few time delays do not reallymatter much.

Trichomes re not the only aspect, watch the weed, if they do not develop more weight and they are sticky + smell ripe you can cut them dow. The KK needed exactly 9 weeks under a 400 watt HPS in my case. I took one down in week 8 and it was okay but 9 weeks was perfect.

Bless

I've been to a friend who grew Afghan and Blueberry, I remember when he opened his closet and the afghan spread across the entire flat, the outdoor strains I've grown do have a smell which can be felt around the plant up to 15 meters with no wind and probably up to 50 m with wind. The Scandinavian climate isn't the most optimal but the seeds I've got have worked, I started with autoflowering and have tried for example typhoon from zen seeds outdoors, however after growing indoor I can really smell the flower. I remember the OG Kush in Amsterdam, I'm hoping this to be cured for summer.

I've got a friend in Portugal who has a house and I'm thinking of going there for a outdoor season, work at the farm and grow some indoor and outdoor.

I made some qwiso with the popcorn buds, I only made two washes but I could've made 3 after inspecting the material but I had already run out of ISO by the second wash. The first two pictures are of the second wash, I didn't have a way to vaporize it so I put it in a pipe and smoked it, the qwsio hit me hard while I was watching Futurama and I was literally laughing at everything and the munchies I had were intense.

I'm going to smoke the first wash with my dad, he hasn't smoked hash oil since way back when he was living Canada.

The smell of the first wash is so amazing and incredibly clear, it smells like grapes, fresh peeled tangerine and something sweet like vanilla or cotton candy

post-5154-0-48239700-1395152811.jpg

post-5154-0-36968100-1395152896.jpg

post-5154-0-65840100-1395152918.jpg