What should we do about the chat?

robot

What should we do with the chat?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What should we do with the chat?

• Maintain the original tab bar chat in the portal and forums...
    • The pop-out chat is fine...
    • Get rid of the chat...

• 2 weeks later...

I liked the old chat but as mentioned it had to keep reloading as you changed pages. New chat also seems fine, though there seems to be a lack of members in chat often only 2 or 3. Another observation is since Tokage is no longer chatmaster it seems less people are in chat, sadly missed he brought so much to chat.As for black background with skinny white writing, an option to change the size of the font and to be able to make it bold would be great options. One of the greatest things about strainhunter forums is the chat, it would be great to see it buzzing again.

Peace

Lams

The chat is dead since the new chat came! Not that the new one isnt convenient or well designed but as Dust said the simplicity of the previous one made it easier to follow when reading the forum post or random shit.... And it's true that i havent seen Tokage in a while but same for Potent, Markus, Elektro etc where are they?!

My point is bring back the old chat :D

Peace out!

i think it is cuz the old chat logged u on to chat automaticaly. so more people were on and more likely to talk cuz they would hear others talking. if u can fix that to the way it was the chat would be full agian and more people would partisapate in the conversations.

thanks for the hard work admin

• Like 2

Hey i haven't bin on as much recently bin pretty busy, but yeah bowob? isn't that the 3rd party app? is there not a way to use similar code like before and have best o both worlds? just personally i feel safer using the chat from your server :) but if there hardcore on privacy then i'm down for whatever works best.

Anyways good work as always dude, i hope your gonna have some fun in spain too admin all work and no play and all that hehe

Fair play mate :D

Peace dude

Well bowob is better chat experience since somehow they managed to script it better than any other chat. Yes it's 3rd party hosted privately in Spain. The chat is encrypted and hosted on third party, the advantage of that is that if they are tracking strain hunters outgoing connections, they wouldn't see chat data since the connections are on a separate site. Has its advantages and disadvantages...

• Like 4