GHS Hazes FIM/SCROG on COCO

atrox

well you added a lot of holes so they should be fine, usually it's just to allow more airflow on the bottom of the pots that you put the clayball, and it's a little better if there is water staying at the bottom it dries faster and runs out better, but you should be fine you have lots of holes ;)

And now that you know it i'm sure you'll be even more careful ;) Even with the clay ball i always make sure to have no staying water in the pots, the bugs like it, and we don't want bugs ;)

Good luck man

• Like 1

Nice atrox id love to see what you can do with with the green house haze varieties your last grow was mad interesting because you use techniques i don't normally see but it opened my eyes to a different way of doing things that actually helped me in my last grow. i would exsplain but it would take a while maybe next time i catch up to you in the chat but imma sit in on this one thats for sure!!

Nice to hear that greeno. And big thx.

and Dust: Good that i was on the right track with the air support.

I istalled the new trays and got a look under a SLH pot, i got amazed.

post-14547-0-40839000-1352907343.jpg

coco from canna gets thumbs up, both...

and all the pots looked like that, one more one less, nevilles little slower, but to see...

i like that trays

post-14547-0-95545100-1352907449.jpg

peace out

• Like 2

Nice and clean does it everytime atrox! Extreme fast and healthy grow. I think Coco is just the bomb. a bit more work but less dirt and the results show how ood it works. Try Coco Jiffys next time.. That way you have just one medium and they work great, at least compared to regular Jiffys from soil. Just make sure they do not dry out..But I know that would never happen under your control.

Peace out

Thx bam. Gonna stay at coco for the next future grows, exept cup because i have the soil already.

Baby age was very good on coco, rooting talks for itself.

Minutes ago i had my first test run in the flower room.

I love my new ballast installation, clean and secure lookin...

post-14547-0-43244400-1352915650.jpg

and it works

post-14547-0-64402400-1352915776.jpg

just hang up the second lamp, wire already existing cable...i think thats it.

tomorrow morning one more scrog frame 4 the nevilles gets builded.

And then i need soon some advise to FIM them...but i will ask specific questions then.

Take care

peace

Folks, it is created.... AREA51 is completed.

Right now i run temperature test with both lights.

post-14547-0-07104000-1353067599.jpg

ok one thing to do, the second scrog frame is much better than the first....not a wonder :D

Gonna do the left as the right and then i cant find a thing thats missing...finally.

post-14547-0-77842900-1353067757.jpg

Thanks for all the compliments and nice words....lets hope all the babies will love that room as i love it today :)

keep it green...

edit: I found some on the net.....think of the 420 guys...can i trust this painting?

I think it shows the FIM point very well....+ people may get the difference between the top better.

post-14547-0-60587700-1353068333.jpg

Well, how old should a seed plant be to FIM, aprox? I read some about the 5th internod, wich would be pretty close for the SLH....?

• Like 1

I saw some about that AREA-51 stuff recently thats why i came to that code name...hehe. But i dont remember that much details...

area 51 was even a BAZINGA. Because it is the "manhatten project" :cool::keeporder: <- this 2 fellas will keep an eye on every visitor from now....

hahahahahahaha

--------------------------

First temp test was without small vents and at 31°C,

now i run it with the vents and predict short below 30°....nice !!

Little update with big changings for 2 of my SLH.

After watching several vids i felt comfortable with FIM my two biggest girls.

The third is still a bit skinny i let her keep up eith the sisters and FIM her in one or 2 days.

Not only that i wanted to branch them out now a bit, i really had the feeling of give them the HPS lights.

So the haze now first test runs the moneymaker spot on 18/6.

Here is what i did.

This is the SLH, you see how nice she builds up sidearms already.

post-14547-0-11213100-1353208590.jpg

For a FIM you now first want to seperate the top-branch, i bended the last fully developed fan leafs slightly down.

Now u see that "crown"...

post-14547-0-35920400-1353208747.jpg

80-90% of that crown we want to cut. We miss it on purpose... When we hit off the full crown then we have to call it topped. I dont need very wide plants, but i want some strong branches.

post-14547-0-82941200-1353208864.jpg

The 2 marked pots are fimmed so far. I wait till the rest of the girls keep up and FIM all of the haze plants.

post-14547-0-63845600-1353209026.jpg

As beeing my first time doin this i really knock on wood and hope for positive reaction from the girls.

peace

• Like 1

Looking good..thanks for showing how easy it can be to FIM :) I tried it last grow but I took off a little too much..thanks for showing such a nice clean cut and explaining what you did bro. I don't get to always leave a comment but trust me I'm following as much of your great work as I can!! Peace!

Yes Tokage, as i said this is my first play around with growth control.

I made sure that its not too early. This is the first possible way ( if i got it ).

Lets see what it does, i am sure to try some other things too.

But if you never cut you never see what it does.

Cuts lookin clean, plants happy.

Flower room does excelent so far on one HPS in 18/6 mode. 26°C

atrox you should like that technique it really helps the lower buds catch up. and it isent the most stressful thing for the plant so you an do it a couple times and not have any realy problems with stress. it is especially good when the lower buds are already close to the main cola you can get it so they all become even in height anyways bro good look with these haze plant's ill be watchin as usual.

Wished I had Fimed my Haze. Got great results on a Big Bang but did not think about FIM'ing a tall Sativa with lots of space between the internodes . The result is the bigger girl is -after VEG- twice as tall as the other plants I planted at the same time. Over 1 meter already from soil surface . I contacted Francine from female seed to ask for tips on how to treat that towering Neville's Haze and she suggests bending her down carefully, so she can grow sideways a bit and so stop the stretch.....so far about a Nev. Haze growing up to "only between 80 cm and 1 meter" and flowering in 8 weeks ... a Joke !

Watch them carefully unless you grown similar Hazes before - They grow nice and tall in VEG and look healthy and all; then when flowering starts suddenly double up in size within 2 or 3 weeks and continue that crazy type of growth until you get nervous...

Good luck, seems you got more space in your grow era than me anyway, still watch them carefully . Growing Hazes indoors with Indicas/Hybrids is a tricky business. Knock on wood three time for ya !!!

thx bam, for tipps and the wood thang... :D

My Neville's look like dwarf's compared to the SLH. But i know that they fire up lately. So i'll try to fim/top them close to the 12/12 switch. And scip the training to the net, but now it depends a little on the moneymakers too.

I agree, this is a little challenge, but till now i feel safe...

lets hope this continues...

peace

I just self checked my last pics of the haze plants and got little shocked.

You need new pictures my friends.

First the row of nevilles...

post-14547-0-82427700-1353878855.jpg

And the 2 first fimmed SLH. i fimmed the 3rd too. You'll see the difference...

post-14547-0-38037600-1353878917.jpg

post-14547-0-12823500-1353878922.jpg

just a quick picture update... not so long to go until 12/12, thank god.

peace

oh yes dust they do.

I have two more detail shots of the nevilles haze.

They turn out so bushy, i really love the look. It's now a month till germination and flower comes close...

I will cut them too, but i think a full topping could be better to support all this bushy branches.

You can give your opinions on that, would be great. The full stretch will start at 12/12 so i have all time to decide.

post-14547-0-00335100-1353938021.jpg

post-14547-0-40333500-1353938029.jpg

peace

• Like 1

A world of a difference vs mine . these look like Indicas atm. Compared to the 10 cm between internodes with nothing going on with the tall Nev. Haze pheno - Bending down helped - the buds turn nicely round now, little knobs only but potential is there, sadly the tallest Haze fell over while taking her out for transplanting. The roots could not hold the height and mass in the Coco/Pebble mix after the 2 Bamboo sticks were gone to shelter her . With soil this probably wouldn't have happened - lots and lots of root material, but nothing to hold the heavy tree .. Was a mistake trying to transplant her from a 2 to a 4 gallon pot in flowering. Lesson learnt !

Wish you better luck and transplant to final pot before flowering sets in best.

they are in the final pots already... thats why i take the big cubes, after that i feel that they are ready for the big pots.

it is a struggle to fit big pots but less pottings means less stress. and less danger of weird breaks and so. i really hate moving plants at all, thats my stress :D

But im very lucky to say that my camera is fixed. I'm able to set the color temperature. My bulb gives 2050K, cam goes down till 2500k.

Enough as you see. Now i can take some pictures for the cup, without the orange effect show lol

post-14547-0-75981500-1354047828.jpg

TRUE COLORS, finally :music:

• Like 1

hi friends, its gettin interesting.

Today i got my frames out the basement and the plants under....

All the plants are topped now so that i just have to deal with sidebranches now for the training.

I think it looks quite nice, but judge self...

I levelled the pots up, so i can flush them right on place, no moving possible from now....

SLH

post-14547-0-76499500-1354133580.jpg

nevilles right side.....in a few days we will see the sidearms of the nevilles, now that they are topped.

post-14547-0-18094900-1354133637.jpg

peace

• Like 3