Getting Larger Yields - Tips & Tricks

tommyromano

`Now we all know that you need to maintain a certain level of humidity 40-55% and a temperature of 69-78F for optimal growth rates and for the prevention of pests and diseases and mold like symptoms from forming on your plants and as well as your lab (greenroom). Cleanliness and equipment also factor in, but here are a few steps to follow as well as a few tips on how obtain 0.9 to 1.2 per watt of light that is being used.

*As we said earlier keep your room like a hospital, make it a little quarantined bubble. That means daily cleaning and sweeping of the room, and weekly scrub downs of the walls and floors and all of the equipment your using with (H2O2) hydrogen peroxide. And you better make sure you unplug your electrical equipment dummy :fie: we don't want a "grow op" fire now.

*make sure your bubble has no in or out vent (CEA) if you can, if not you must get cover your vent of with a thick micron filter sheet over al you in and out ventilation to prevent the outside world coming in.

*make sure your day/night temps don't go over or under 10 degrees, due to shocking the plants system.

*feed your plants with high quality base nutrients, bloom boosters, enzymes, humates, fulvates, micro and macro nutrients, stimulants, carbs, proteins and so on, they need and love it

*R/O your water, don’t cheap out

*watch that PPM (part per million), you shouldn't be increasing any more than 50 ppm per feeding.

*heat is another thing, as we said before, 69F to 78F. you can lose a lot of yield due to heat

*cool your room right so you can get those bulbs super close to those colas (we have air cooled reflectors but you don't NEED them)

*sulfur burners are a beauty and not too hard to use (just don't turn them on too much, and keep them on for long period of time)

*introduce larger pots with larger veg times (it’s the only medical and commercial way, small pots and scrog are a technique of the past)

*topping works very well on some strains, just time it all in correctly

*don't listen to the strain info and harvest at week eight. Your room may not be the same as in Netherlands, Spain or Canada or what not, it’s up to your judgment to tell you when it’s ready. And yes I am talking about indoors also. Environment IS EVERTHING.

*the more money you spend on setting up, the better the results. that means better equipment and nutrients and all that good stuff, AC's, flip box's, timer boards, Buddy were telling you that you do not want to walk into your room and see your lights turned of when they shouldn't be, or you room is at 95-105F because your ac's have shut down. Always pre plan for these events, they happen all the time.

Larger the root zone, the larger your yields. So do what you have to do to get those roots larger, this means getting those root stimulators or larger pots or even vegging longer. Remember the supplementation of CO2 injections will give you increases

Not everyone will agree to the things we have set out for you today, but we really hope that it may work for you and everyone who is also looking to amp up there yields without having to increase the watts obviously. Run your room like a lab or hospital, and you'll get results.

• Like 2

When posting articles from elsewhere on the interweb, we should always say that it was "copied and pasted from" and include a web link as well if you like.

I see you originally posted this article on Rollitup, although here you have ommitted the first line that says - "Hey there hope that we here at Delta9Labs (not the seed company, but we love you Ed and your seeds) can help you and your ladies out and hopefully inspire you to follow these steps."

It is only polite to give a nod to the person who originally posted the info supplied.

AS the article said not everyone will agree, I'm not disagreeing just making my own observations

• No in or out vent - Sealed grow rooms are strating to be used more, they operate by supplying c02 from gas canisters "CEA" (Controlled Enviroment Agriculture) This is most probably beyond the reach of the hobby grower, but not impossible. Here is a link to find out more about CEA - http://www.rosebudma...ealed-grow-room . Or google "Sealed Grow room" or "CEA".

• RO water - when using RO water be aware that additional calcium will probably be needed.

• Scrog is by no means outdated, larger pots are always good, but when using T5/T8 ,Cfl or older LED lights (low wattage diodes , no refocusing lenses), scrog will be one of the best options to use.

• Topping can produce some great results but some plants hate it, do your home work before you top.

• Crop when trichromes look right, mostly cloudy gives an heady up high, mostly amber give a more couchlock stone or go for the 50/50.

• more money the better the room,maybe this applies more to commercial rooms. Hobby growers however is about the best equipment for the best price, there are many awesome DIY,bubbler DWC,Aquaponics,Carbon filters, cloners and grow cabs etc made by people in thier own home that work a treat. I love seeing people ingenuity,especially as there are a lot of people with limited funds. If you can afford to splash the cash then do that, but you might miss out on some fun making something.

• Large root zones - the more oxygen you can get to the roots the better, use light airy soils with perlite, clay pebbles or other air holding mediums or use free draining hydro or DWC some of the most awesome root systems i have seen have been DWC

Every grow is different and everyone has thier own technique, you have to weigh up the pros and cons of each system and sometimes it boils down to how much cash you can afford to spend.Be you rich or poor grow the best you can.

Old Jamaican saying "You can't know everything about cooking curry" the same go for growing weed.

Peace

Lams

• Like 2

I stated that this is one of "MY" article that "I" had written in the past, and that i would like to share it with the strain hunters. Delta9labs (not the seed company) is My old company. I have no intention of advertising it, so I removed it from "My" article.

Thanks summarizing my article Lams, but you must understand this article is called Getting Larger Yield - tips and tricks. it wasn't called "growing, these are the rules"

I don't claim to know everything about plant biology and symbiosis, but it won't stop be from trying. These are tips and tricks that get this Canadian grower 0.8-1.0 grams per watt (depending on environment)

• Like 2

I think gramms per watt is a myth if u dont add grow room space to that equation. Ec what is that, lolol.

Hahaha yeah its a tuffy. You can have the best of the best technology and the greatest growers, but if your environment isn't "keyed in" correctly, then you not going to get results.

EC = is the Electro Conductivity of your water/solution. EC is a way of checking your water/solution for its TDS (total dissolved solids)

I personally use pro-mix, but I have first had seen 1.1-1.3+ with hydroponic systems (dwc,ebb,etc.)

• Like 1

Hey tommy, I meant no offence bro :)

May i offer my apologies if I have in any way offended you, seeing that you are the original creator of this article.

The article was nicely written and looked professional, so i looked to see if it had been posted elsewhere. I dd this as you have not posted much here and we like to always reference an article if it has be copied and pasted.

Let say another member of SH had copied and pasted it would have only been fair to pay due respect to the original creator in this case you! :)

I offered my opinions and they too are not written in stone nor do i believe i know everything , far from it. If i learn something new everyday then it is not a wasted day.

I look forward to reading more of your posts and seeing your grows.

Can you tell me a bit more about Delta9Labs? What was it and why is it no more?

Lol @ elektro xD He knows what EC is , I just don't think he uses it to measure with. A man with a dry acidic humor lmao you'll get used to it hehe.

Peace to you bro and thanks for you reasonable reply.

Lams

• Like 1

I 110% agree and respect everything you have said. I'm just a grumpy one some times...and i appreciate the "moderation" as plagiarism is no joke in my opinion.

I have no intention of stepping on any toes here as I'm completely new to this site and the "online networking" game. I just thought I'd post this on a site that I found appealing to me, and to share it with everyone who chose to read it.

Delta9 was a company I created when I first started commercially, our goal was to "over grow the gov" but not with cheap product. we thought everyone should have access to great meds, ALL THE TIME. The way i viewed it. In Canada we generate between 19-22 billion a year in the Cannabis industry. I believe this money goes right back into our countries pockets to keep us afloat. Now as for delta9LABS. that was what were jokingly called our set ups. the "labs" comes from "doing this right, clean and high quality" or at least for an underground industry.

These days i work alone. I am more intuned with my ladies, and find that this is much "safer" at the end of the day.

:) peace and pot>

CANNABA

• Like 1

hehe i can be a grump sometimes it comes with age and experience i'm afraid lol XP

Thanks for the info on Delta9 Labs , that was a great attitude to take and i love the fact you wanted to be professional, I also like you into nice clean hygenic growing.

Cannabis i believe has certainly helped Canadas economy, Lets hope that things change for the better, I think attitudes are changing world wide, but it is often just a political hot potatoes that often just gets passed around with out any real advancement. Here in the UK it is decriminalized for small posseion and you might get a warning for small cultivation but none of it is official and they can still throw the book at you should they so wish. We also have no legal medical exemptions. :(

Doing it as a one man op is my way of things too. I don't let on to anyone that i grow, "loose lips sink ships" as the WWII saying goes.

keep, on sharing what you know ;) I'll be sure to give it a read. :)

Peace an pot

Lams

Exactly, couldn't agree more myself. And I'm very happy to hear that in the UK things are starting to look much better. But these days nothing is really certain, and not everything lasts. I hope that with the youth of today. We can have a better outlook on cannabis for the future. (not that i care for the attitude of today's youth but the fact that its becoming much more "easy going" for them)

Thanks Lams, and nice to meet you :)

• Like 1

yes nice tips, and the point Lamsbread pointed in his review of your article i think are completing nicely you're article ;)

Some nice tips, some i don't use some i've tried and won't use again ^^ i ain't on the hospital clean side of thegrow, my room is clean but i clean it from bottom to top only when i finish a cycle or 2 depends what has happened during the grow ^^ and the use of R/O water it depends what kind of growing you're expecting, and like lams said with R/O water you will need additives so even more money ^^

But i know like you said those are no rules and only suggestions ;)

Thanks for sharing them man!! i'm sure it will help someone someday ;)

Cheers

This is basic knowledge, but what about bending techniques as they contribute as much to yield indoors as the things you stated.

also wattage contributes more than anything to final yield. More light(regardless of grow space ) is always better up to 1000 watts per square foot; after than that heat and other problems cause a diminished return but up to 1000 watts per square better contributes more to yield than all the things u mentioned combined.

take care,

john

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

thanks for all of the info i am in favor of loose lips sink ships lol because of my big mouth my first grow within 2 weeks everyone new what i was doing and i almost bit the dust so i have changed address and no longer hang around great advice this guys advice is very good his tech is great i want to no more? :rabbi:

• 1 month later...

I WAS TOLD very expensive but i talk to so retards sometimes so i really am inteested i intend to produce the best at some point i can read the writing on the wall just fond out today our state is putting our referindum back to the voters but it seems we need to get more people invovded but most people are afraide of any thing that may happen if they come out in favor of pot i started to get invoved last year,Then i fond out that since i am on disability i would be removed from my cash. so i had to make an easy decission money makes the world go round and if i followed up on my volintering i would loss my income,It was a no brainer i had really not given a choice,That is the way it is in america the land of the free???????

got a question of ya..your first sentence..where does t say under 70 degree is ever a good temp to grow in?. ive been tought below 70 the food slows down big time...and i see it when i get below 70 also. them low temps and big temp swing actualy promote pm to grow

and your saying your the delta 9 labs??...and gram per watt doesnt mean anything., how long was the veg ause thats what counts for yields. and i dont see any ass their fans or any other equiment that is needed and does cost money to run. most us add up wattage of bulbs and that doesnt say anything to gram per watt, people still talk about that?

hate to sound mean but dont see much correct factual info in there at all. actualy ill agree with ignore breeders harvest time since we all have diff rooms and not all run 1k lights

can yo explain how you get 1k watts in each square foot of a room? tried every possible math and it dont go

edit:..ok i see how you used thier name and your not the real delta labs co, do they know you did that?

got a question of ya..your first sentence..where does t say under 70 degree is ever a good temp to grow in?. ive been tought below 70 the food slows down big time...and i see it when i get below 70 also. them low temps and big temp swing actualy promote pm to grow

and your saying your the delta 9 labs??...and gram per watt doesnt mean anything., how long was the veg ause thats what counts for yields. and i dont see any ass their fans or any other equiment that is needed and does cost money to run. most us add up wattage of bulbs and that doesnt say anything to gram per watt, people still talk about that?

hate to sound mean but dont see much correct factual info in there at all. actualy ill agree with ignore breeders harvest time since we all have diff rooms and not all run 1k lights

can yo explain how you get 1k watts in each square foot of a room? tried every possible math and it dont go

edit:..ok i see how you used thier name and your not the real delta labs co, do they know you did that?

Aloha, Why do you think the Canadian guru of growing Urban Remo is using a chiller in his new grow room FVK? Is it because "oxygen matters" and lower temperatures mean more oxygen in the nutrient solution? Do lower temperatures also reduce the incidence of root diseases that research in California has confirmed? Here is the video where you can see Urban Remo's chiller to keep the nutrient between 68 and 70 degrees.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2Q-ix07GpY

• Like 1

lol...dood he isnt the cdn guru of anything, hes a salesman for advanced. hes paid to say what they want. i know them, around here hes kinda a fool to be honest. most around here know that who co is full of it. hes using a chiller case those get to hot...used them and saw it myself. a chiller ownt add any o2. just keeps it from loosing it but mainly is to keep to the proper temps for the plants roots. compressed air is the only way to add o2. stones do the same as just moving it and wont loose what it had but doesnt add either, its not atomized enough to join the water and doesnt stay.

thought everyone knew low temps make stomata close so it isnt eatin or taking in light proper...i wasnt saying 69 is cold for water. i didnt say him say that was water temp. i assume was his room as the hi end is way to hot for the water../ad what they say isnt research...its sales, they arent scientists they are salesmen

• 3 weeks later...

To FVK

As weve discussed in this thread, this is a basic template to follow. Fill free to work around it. It would be impossible to write every single step and method to growing. As for your questions. When you say swings in temps cause pm. This is only true when you go under 65f and you need temp swings of at least 10 to 15 degree (F) difference. This also shouldn't be an issue if you have your humidity tuned. I veg for 6 to 8 weeks. Why are you taking your other equip into account when figuring the numbers of your yield. You should take these into consideration when trying to figure out how much money you made. Also I have no idea what you mean about fitting 1k in a square foot. Don't think that was mentioned by me. As for delta9, I'm not advertising nor am I profiting from the name. So I simply could care less about them knowing. Lol I'm not a company in any way, shape or form. And don't worry you don't sound mean. Just a little "troll" like.

Fvk to any "real" grower you just sound like someone who's barfing up everything hes read online...when we say keep your temps at 69 to 78, is because just below the lamps your always going to have a higher temp. Just because your room reads 70 doesn't mean that directly under the lights its going to be 70, even with cooled reflectors and fans.

tommy, to any "REAL" grower you sound like another that dont know what hes posting to then if ya want to, sine you want to insult me...when we give temps its suposed to be under the lamp where the peek temp would be at the canopy bub....we dont read it way at a side of a room or on out of the room...its suposed to be canopy temps. not m problem guys give temps in wrong places...like your doing,