UV light for late flowering plant

Pi2

Hi Hunters!

I have been online all morning to find out any info about UV light for resin production.

I found old 11W UV lamp. My girl has used it for nails :D

so today I put that lamp to my flower room over one plant (15cm distance from top)

Set up on timer 15min 3 times a day(peak hours)

I let's You know how it goes....

Hunters! Any experience with that UV light during flowering?

Let's chat...

Peace

Thanks for stopping.

Yeah I know is a topic about UV. but is about UV non pictures of grow and any proof. Just lot of staff about light . I know what UV is :)

I just want to show if UV work for late flowering. Can I get more THC on my buds.....maybe...

I gonna do some pictures for next two weeks...

All u very welcome.

Peace

Is no matter is sativa or indica uv protection is natural for plants. Idea to use them was to get more crystal production as i remember. Thing is now, are u got proper spectrum, uv, uva, uvb is many of them and with wrong one, u can burn this buds easy. Same as u can achieve spending too much time on the beach, skin burn and smierdzace bable pozniej. :) This is what Sunpulse got in offer for exaple.

sunpulse.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I notice the UV light don't do any harm to plants if u dose 3 times a day for 30min.
Don't use it to much... Max 3 times a day for 15min period. Peak hours from 11a.m to 14 p.mLight also helps with bugs and fly...they don't like it :P

UV Light is well worth to try....END of story :)

Peace

Every HPS has an UV output. The Reder the Spectrum of the Lamp the more it is. UV will heat up the Plant and slow down the Resinproduction to spend the Energy for cooling down. The Plant wont have any productive thing out of it.

Every HPS has an UV output. The Reder the Spectrum of the Lamp the more it is. UV will heat up the Plant and slow down the Resinproduction to spend the Energy for cooling down. The Plant wont have any productive thing out of it.

You right in 100% but how cannabis plants cooling down buds????

Water transport(so nutrients is well) and resin production.correct if I'm wrong :)

Ps. We chat about few minutes a day.

ive used 2 x t5 strip 12% uvb/uva reptile lights in 1m sq tent for the past 2 years for every grow, ive grown plants with uv going on and off along with hps light 18h in veg 12 in flowering, ive also used it when plants have just germinated , used it just in flowering 12h a day and also used it just at one side of my tent

when i used it in veg and flowering and then just in flowering i had a little slower growth in veg when plants was first germinated but when they got about 6 inch they wasnt botherd by it at all , got about the same yield off both grows ,but each grow was different strains

when one of my starter units failed and ended up with just 1 uvb light at one end of my grow tent the plants under the uv was more crystally but i did have 2 different strains at either side of my tent so cant say for sure if it was the effect of the uvb just the strains again i got about the same yield of all plant

i do think my plants when grown under uvb are stronger and taste better many people who i smoke with say how strong and grate tasting my herbs are this mainly has been happening since ive been useing uvb, these people dont know i grow thou this also could be down to me becoming a better grower i dont know for sure

but for all those intrested in knowing is it worth useing or not if you check out all money maker world cup grows looking at the buds how big, crystally they are and yield then checking out my money maker grow to compare might help you make up your mind

i do need new uvb bulbs so ive not used them on my MM as of yet , i will be adding uvb in week 6 for 1 hour a day increasing it by 1 hour each day till the uvbs on for 12 hours a day at week 7 yill the end just to try this method as ive not tryed introducing uvb this way i might get an higher yield then when grow with uv all the way through flowering

the reason i use uvb is that its natural, plants have evolved with it an the best cannabis in the world are grown where uv is at its stronest along the equator and up high in the mountins ,if i cant grow at these places then i will try and replicate it indoors makes sense dont you think ?? :)

• Like 1

A Plant is capable to transport Wather without transporting resin al all with it to cool down cause of Heat.

A Plant will stop Groth in buds at a inner Temperature of ca 32degrees celsius, another thing is that many terpents can begin to vapor at 28-30c.

A UV lamp will Heat up everything thats maybe a good thing if uf groing with LED in cold Rooms to get good Temps.

In a HPS Growroom its absolutly useless cause every big HPS has a bigger output of UV than a small UV Lamp. There are even UV shields for HPS lights to get a cooler light that not heats up everything ;)

I just completed 2 full years of testing on over 10 different strains and have reached the conclusion that the uvb uva light spectrum will add 3-5% THC and .0-.5% bcd over all strains tested.

I have done 6 complete grows from veg through bloom each one tested with the lighting and without the lighting alternating each crop. One on and one off. Each time the crop with the lights on would jump 3-5% with the lights off it would decrease 3-5%. I have assumed an error margin of 2%

I run 6 double row style shop lights with 2x 10.0 reptisun uva/uvb bulbs for a total of 12 in my room. They are on for the whole bloom cycle. There is no side effects, no burning nothing. Many times my plants are laying against the bulbs cause they are so huge!

I also run 1000w dual arch super blues. When you combine HPS bulbs with the blue spectrum and the uva/uvb lights it is a killer combo. My HGK is testing at 28% and my chem dawg is at 27%. the high is a noticeable higher high.

I wrote a paper on the study I did and posted it on Academia.edu along with additional research I did on the subject.

Here is the link if interested

http://medicalmarijuanagrowing.blogspot.com/2013/02/uvb-uva-lighting-study-results.html

• Like 2

I just completed 2 full years of testing on over 10 different strains and have reached the conclusion that the uvb uva light spectrum will add 3-5% THC and .0-.5% bcd over all strains tested.

I have done 6 complete grows from veg through bloom each one tested with the lighting and without the lighting alternating each crop. One on and one off. Each time the crop with the lights on would jump 3-5% with the lights off it would decrease 3-5%. I have assumed an error margin of 2%

I run 6 double row style shop lights with 2x 10.0 reptisun uva/uvb bulbs for a total of 12 in my room. They are on for the whole bloom cycle. There is no side effects, no burning nothing. Many times my plants are laying against the bulbs cause they are so huge!

I also run 1000w dual arch super blues. When you combine HPS bulbs with the blue spectrum and the uva/uvb lights it is a killer combo. My HGK is testing at 28% and my chem dawg is at 27%. the high is a noticeable higher high.

I wrote a paper on the study I did and posted it on Academia.edu along with additional research I did on the subject.

Here is the link if interested

http://medicalmariju...dy-results.html

yea man glad to hear somone else who has actually used uvb/uva lights and not just read about it , long term plants exposure to uvb light does not KILL your plants i dont care whos read what, if it does kill or damage plants in a bad way i would not be usein them because i would not have any plants left, i get a stronger smoke maybe less yield but thats not a bad thing to people who doesnt sell and enjoys good quallity bud to smoke , i hope more people grow with uvb reptile uvb are all you need not theese expenive lights like what grow companys are marketing , reptiles and plants in nature are exposed to the same light theres lights are to replucate sunlight i will tell you that the T5 tubes are alot better then the old t8 tubes arcadia does grate lighting ,reflectors ,and a dual ballest its what i got ,i shall be starting to apply uvb to my world cup grow by next week as my order shall be here by then ,dont forget to replace these lights every 6 months . peace

• Like 2

I've found some info:

"Most higher plants accumulate UV-B absorbingpigments in their leaves particularly phenylpropanoidssuch as cinnamoyl esters, flavones, flavonols, andanthocyanins esterified with cinnamic acids after irradia-tion with UV-B (Wellmann, 1983). In addition to phenylpropanoids, other important products of the shikimic acidpathway such as furanocoumarins, and polyketides andterpenoids such as canabinoids, also accumulate underincreased UV-B radiation. Several researchers havefound key enzymes in the biosynthetic pathways of thesecompounds to be specifically induced by UV-B irradiation(Schulze-Lefert et al 1989; Stapleton, 1992; Middlet

Link: http://www.academia.edu/227934/Effects_of_prolonged_UV-B_exposure_in_plants

I do not feel yield varies at all. THC is what changed, some plants were as high as 6-7% on the low 2-3% most averaged 3-5% each time. When I say % I mean that THC strength went from 24% to 28% not the percentage of increase like someone above was trying to post about. That is just confusing the matter. I had every plant tested by Cannalytics a local and national testing facility.

I am still doing some further testing to answer some things I did not get answered as of yet. I have proven where you take your samples makes a difference. Example high, low, middle, sides facing lights versus the wall, this all makes a difference. Plants can vary up to 2-5 % from top to bottom. I know longer grow anything under my scrogg fence. I only let my plants get 12-18 inches above the fence which means my colas are 12-18 inches with no under brush or air puffs as I like to call them.

This crop I want to know if I expose the plant on one side does it change the potency on the entire plant or just the side exposed? I am going to take multiple samples from side to side and have them tested. The first year I had lights over the top and sides of my plants. This past year they have only been on the sides so I will be interested to see what happens. I also added the second row of uv lights this past grow so it will interesting to see if potency increases with more uv or if it stays the same. I will shit if my HGK goes to 30%!

As for burning your plants this is not possible with the uva/uvb's. If you burn your plants your an idiot! LOL Do not blame your lights or nutrients… I seen pictures on another forum of the burnt to a crisp brown shriveled up plants and the direction of the heat lamp seemed to line right up with the focal point on the plants. I don't know what he did to cause it. I think he used the wrong kind of bulb, it could not have been a uva uvb light.

In my room is 6x 1000w Hortalux Dual Arch super blues and 6x 4ft long t8 double row reptisun 10.0 uva uvb bulbs.

My plants have layed on the bulbs 12 hrs a day, 2 of them as a matter of fact and have never burned just get stickier!

Vertox is right HPS bulbs increase thc cell production where as MH bulbs increase CBD production. The blue spectrum also increase THC production.

The reason why the addition of UV lights increases THC % so much is for 2 reasons. 1) the hps bulbs do provide some uv spectrum but is usually blocked by a glass partition or the plants are too far from the lights to get any of it in an open air set up and 2) Since indoor growing became popular most of these strains have been grown and reproduced under MH bulbs for generations which has made them less potent. Think about it Snoop Dog says his Girl Scout Cookie is so much stronger and better tasting than any other plant out in the market place, why cause he knows the guy who made the strain. After being mass produced the strength and taste has diminished.

UV lights help to bring back the potency at least. Taste is up to you and genetics!

Nice u got a Testing Lab arround what u have to pay?

I had a Drughelpgroupthat tested yut pot or everything to see if its clean and they could say u the THC% for free :)sadly it closed ...

I tested the UV lights also and i saw Yield went down quality stayed on same level, so its nothing for me ^^ I have to say that i gt a Strain that really showed better under extra UV bulbs but its was only 1 Strain ^^ And u have to say for everybody here this is an ADVANCED Technique so it will make no sense to test it out if ur plants are not 100% vital.