Kalisilvermist - Damnesia - Coco - Powder Feeding

Thanks McRad - Me too - I think they will - I removed the crispy leaves this morning - and gave them an early sleep yesterday - lets see - this is nature forcing patience :-) - I should have taken my own advice and stayed away for a few days :(

post-17068-0-60227700-1357366371.jpg

post-17068-0-69982600-1357366406.jpg

Edited by kalisilvermist
  • Like 1

Hate to say it dude, but I recon that the first plant above is toast... it may recover but I recon it's pretty badly noitched... the one below looks fine tho so hopefully overall it turns out ok.. I recon those ongoing high temps are a problem too.. can't you swing your photoperiod? you are on 18/12 now so just do a day of 24/0 then change your light time to switch off before midday.. that way you run the lights from cool evening to cool mid morning and switch off during the hottest part of the day...

Maybe look at a 1pm-7pm night time and lights on from 7pm - 1pm... that also allows you to keep sunrise at 7pm and shift sunset back 6 hrs to 7am when you go 12-12

(also having the lights on at night means you should be sleeping and cant fiddle so much!!)

Also.. we GOTTA sort that extraction this week!!

• Like 1

Thanks Smokey - I do too - Thanks GrassMatt420 - I agree with most of what you are saying - Thanks For Dropping By Echus - things still a horror show in the grow room - Planted the big bang clones got about 5 out of 9 looking acceptable at this stage - 2 looking dodgy - but im sure they will settle down... No Pics Until things look up - this damn oil has really fucked up my plan(t)s.

Aloha kalisilvermist, If you are using a Coco substrate with soft water it will be a good idea to add more calcium to the nutrient solution ( Canna Coco has levels of 78 PPM to 135 PPM & Botanicare has 237 PPM in Coco Grow and 165 PPM in the Coco Bloom formula) to convert PPM to mMoles/L-1 divide PPMs by 40.1. Take a look at how leonard is doing with his grow on rockwool adding a little calcium to the Powderfeeding formula.

Thanks for dropping by oldemarine - I pre buffer my coco with a calmag solution from the gro shop - would this cover what you are talking about ?- Thanks Bam/Smokey?echus for dropping by.UPDATE : I have quietly popped another bean - tap root is nice and strong not as over extended as the initial ones were. potted into a foam cup with coco under the T5 and catching some heat from the 400hps. temp is 28c which should be spot on - took more clones - another 10 some cheese some big bang - when I do flip to 12/12 I want at least 25 strong plants. so therefore the delay - also I was hoping to clone the Damnesia and then flower but we will have to see about that. So Status is 5 very sick plants - Neem Damage - 2 almost destroyed seedlings which are fighting for their lives. 3 Healthy Big Bang - 7 Healthy Cheese - Kind of not where I wanted to be but im going to make the most of it and try and get this thang on the hoof. It occurred to me that my attitude at this point in time has had a lot to do with the state of my grow and vice versa. I think its because the room is new and all these other factors are bothering me - but I have determined to chill out smoke more and interfere less with the little ones. :)

Hi Dust - No 25 Girls arrayed under 2 x 600w and 1 x 1000w. The 400w is only for my mothers and some cuttings and small plants that are in the alcove. At the moment all the plants are on 18/6 but when I go 12/12 or 10/14 then I will be running two separate rooms - one 400w and T5 flouro - veg/mother room on 18/6 - and one 2200w flower room big enough for 75plants SOG - but I will be growing bigger plants - I hope ;)

Aloha Kalisilvermist, The standard nutrient for buffering Coco is Calcium Nitrate which is less expensive than Cal-Mag solutions. The nutrient solutions for Coco all seem to have substantial levels of Ca in both the grow, and the bloom solutions, with a reduction in levels as the plants mature. If I were you I would experiment a little adding a little Ca to see what level your plants prefer. I also think larger containers would keep things more even and provide a larger area for root mass and less problems of drying out so quickly. My friends in Seattle use 38 Liters or larger containers and grow one plant of 600 to 700 grams dry.

• Like 1

damn sounds a lot better lolol

With that amount of light you can grow them however you want, if you want them big put less girls, if you want them short and fast put more girls and the harvest will blow anyway lol ;)

Hope we'll see that around ;)

i agree you need a high power setup for this high power lighting, you could easily go on 20l pots or something.

But even on high power lights i would first regulate that airflow/heat issue. With more ait blowin or less temp creating you may be fine over all.

I really hope you figure some out because i see lot potential up in here, on a 26°C wind blowin decent you should have an awesome grow on 1000W.

Best luck for that demaged, and for following ... peace

Thanks for the comments - I am going to pot up into 22l pots. I just want to make sure I have numbers before I switch as I said - if I have to be patient for two and a half months I need it to be able to keep me in smoke for the nxt 3 months :) this drought of decent weed in my life is causing me some pain (lol) and by my calculations - I have 35g x 8 plants(cheese) 3 x 50g(Big Bang) 1 x Damnesia(unknown yield). I have 3 more big bang which are in the veg room on the floor trying to become decent plants. and then I have 9 fresh clones of which I will select thee best - hopefully another 3 big bang and 6 more cheese. Then about 3 weeks veg and barring any further self induced disasters - Flowering Time. The New Damnesia Seed has sprouted but she has not shown her head - the seed is off but she has a white tip. so I covered her up again and have left her in the mother room where it is bang on 28c pretty much all the time. Temps also much better as it has cooled off from 38c outside to around 28/29 and the inside tems are holding at around that as well.As for the damaged damnesia - it is amazing to me how much life wants to live - they second one has grown new leaves - small and stressed but its trying and will succeed. The more damamged one has lost most of its leaves but along the stem are bright little nodes that really look like they want to survive - ah well guess time will tell - Happy Smoking All...

• Like 1

Quick Picture Update on the sick girls - u=you can see new growth on both of them - its going to be slow but I think they will make it :) - I am all out of Picture space - just squeezed these few in - so hopefully will be able to update later on...The New Seed has sprouted and looks super happy in her new home (yay) - will keep you all posted - have a good one !

post-17068-0-01881000-1357879270.jpg

post-17068-0-84250300-1357879398.jpg

post-17068-0-01142800-1357879486.jpg

post-17068-0-62216600-1357879584.jpg

If you see a white tip and no seed shell or green material chances are the seed has been planted wrong way upand what you see is the root stretching towards the light ! TThis happened to one of my Damnesia seeds, too. Wait another day or two if by ten still only white stick visible get it out of the soil and turn around or you will lose the seedling !!!The downside to the sprouting first - growing a tap root outside - method . It does not happen too often but I had the prolem twice - One seed lost the other turned around in time + saved.

• Like 1