Want to know the Lineage of your strain - Seedfinder is your answer

lamsbread

seedfinder

Seed finder is an awesome resource

Here is what you can find out using it

Database

Behind the SeedFinder there is a strain-database with momentary 3647 different cannabis varieties.

Breeder & Strains

3303 of the listed strains are from 213 known breeders - connected and expanded with 77 pure local breeds. You also can find 63 clone-only strains and last but not least 204 various unknown or legendary varieties.

Lineage / Hybrids

Our unique genetic-database will enable you to allocate related crosses, all descendants and the parents of each variety. Browse through the strains with our dynamic HybridMaps - from the multi-hybrids via F1-Hybrids up to the landraces - and back!

SeedShop Database

Our SeedPolice is monitoring seedbanks and collects information about reliability, service and shipping of this shops. Here you can find 82 Shops at the moment. 10 are also integrated into the SeedFinder, including offers and actual prices.

Cup-Winner

The winners of the most important cannabis-cups are connected with our cannabis database. Check out the best rated and most famous strains worldwide!

Forums & Threads

With the help of our ThreadFinder we connected the 38 largest and most popular cannabis communities to our page.

Cannabis Gallery

Into our Cannabis-Gallery you can find strain-related pictures. They are sorted by in- and outdoor plants and also by the flowering-time.

Creative Commons

All our info is licensed below a Creative Commons Licence (BY-NC-SA).

Search

Our extremely detailed strain-search-function enables you to research for certain characteristics such as flowering time, heritage or availability.

Lineage-Search

Our genetic database enables you to view the genealogical tree for every strain. Use our family tree search-engine to look out for special hybrids!

Pure strains

All strains come from somewhere, if known we store the heritage as exact as possible. Here you can list all pure varieties by origin and countries.

Strain Lists

You also can have a look onto our alphabetical list of strains, or view only autoflowering varieties - or the clone-only ones.

Prices & Radar

Into our SeedShop-Radar you will find actual reduced strains or offers seperately, we monitor only serious shops - a good place to grab a bargain! You also can use the search to find strains by commercial availibility and prices.

Aroma, Taste & High

With our Review-Function we also collect data about the aroma, the taste and the effect of the cannabis strains. Thanks that you are able to look out for strains with a special effect, taste or aroma and to visualize it with a nice pie-chart!

Outdoor Strains

Get weather-data and possible varieties for your area! Simply add your geo-coordinates to get climate- and grow info for your spot!

CannaFox Add-On

Get our Mozilla-Add-On, search for strains directly from your browser and get some additional and discreet SeedFinder options in a sidebar.

Research

SeedFinder collects, combines and provides a lots of useful data with the help of its users worldwide.

Strain Reviews

We collect the main grow- and plant data directly from the grower with our multilingual Strain Review Function. Onto this way we can standardize grow-info, tips and tricks, smoke reports and valuations for the different varieties - and even for their phenotypes.

Comparisons

With our special Strain VS Strain function we can directly compare the most important characteristics of individual cannabis-varieties.

Medical Strains

For the medicinal properties of individual cannabis varieties we have installed the Medicinal Strain Finder. This helps in the search for certain varieties, and also stores information about their optimal dose for certain diseases.

Climate Zones

SeedFinder uses its own ecophysiological climate specificiation system. Together with our database for historical weather data we can provide very detailed climate zones and weather data even for your area! In combination with our reviews we are able to provide specific strains and detailed info for this zones.

And More...

Lots of more options and stuff are available at the SeedFinder, browse around - you will find it! For example:

Growing Tools

Check out our small helpers and calculators for the indoor grower.

JSON Api

You like to use our strain data for your own purposes, programs or websites? No Problem, check out our API to get more info!

Peace hunters

Lams

• Like 5

Bin using seed finder for a while wicked website not sure if all is 100% but still excellent for a reference and to find new strains and information on them

Excellent post for those who don't know about it!

Thanks Potent i agree.

I guess there are always errors but what do you expect from humans if not a little human error.

They have given it thier best shot and for the most parts it is very useful and informative and job well done.

It is always best to check information from more than one source.

Information can be a tricky bugger, sometimes it is not what we see but from where and how we see/percieve it.

Peace

Lams

• Like 1

i do think its great but either im misinformed or their is a few things i think are wrong on their site under autoflower strains it mentions a clone only type called auto alfie now either i am mis informed or this in an untruth as i thought people were unable to clone any autos and would be completely a waste of time. as the cuttings would harvest at the same time as the mum.

if anyone knows if im wrong or not would be great to hear

peace

Looks like auto alfie,is not a true auto flower though has some ruderalis in her genetics. A bit like Ruderalis skunk from sensi seeds.

The name is misleading I agree and because has name has "auto" in it and that it has ruderalis genetics, it was put into the auto section.

Maybe a new section should be add called "early flowering".

The flowering reponse of the photoperiod is very short only few hours of darkness will make her flower,by keeping constant/almost constant light on her, it would be possible able to take cuttings.

This strain was made on the East Coast of Canada and has been growing here for almost 10 years... She can be kept in veg under 22-24 hrs of light. It`s all over the place here and has given the outdoor grower the ability to run multiple crops during the summers months...Veg to desired height then out the door she goes...Only available in clone form and she`s being used in alot of cross`s in hopes of shortening the outdoor flowering time.

I have been told that this site is run by one man,i guess it is not always easy to place a strain, especially on that is "neither fish nor fowl".

Peace

Lams

• Like 1

Guest Ghost_doG

To me it's more the general public info's that i'm not sure about, the same as with this site: http://www.medicalma...anastrains.com/

On the one hand those sites are dope but on the other you get some info from time to time that makes you wander who really got those infos in the first place...

Again one thing i love a bout the strain hunter site is that i "know" most people i'm chating or exchanging with, it helps when it come to trust and learning new thing is all about trusting the person who's speaks!

Peace!

hi friends,

yeah, sometimes its not easy with all this strains out there :/ i try my best, but the auto affie is a good example for possible troubles ;-) I dont had semi-automatic strains in my mind while creating the databases, so its a little bit difficult it now :/ Its not impossible to add a new category, but i think i will wait a little bit, because there are only 3 or 4 strains like this at the moment - but its a lots of work ;-) Up to this time i set the autoflower flag if the strain is more onto the auto-side (like the auto affie) - and not if not (sensis ruderalis indica for example)...

but in general... the seedfinder is not a bible, its only a source - like many others... Its always better to check against other sources, or to ask in forums if there are any questions or inconsistencies :) For sure, i try my best to collect as much info as possible, but its simply not possible to get all the news, pics and background-infos by self :/ But... If you stumble upon any more detailed info, or upon a cool thread into a forum, or a video at youtube/grow.hd - or if you have grown a strain byself - there are a lots of small tools an upload formulars to connect, expand or upload the strain info! If you think some info at the seedfinder is imperfect - and if you find some better at your further search - please come back and connect it to the strain, this would be very nice and will help a lots of people! Same if you have first hand info, please add a grow/smoke-review to the strain, this also will help the next user :) (I'm also working at a strain-wizard atm., based onto the review-data... it will need some more time, but later it will be possible to search for all the user-based tips/infos!)

One thing i maybe should highlight here - the strainhunter/seedfinder forums connection :wub:

You are now able to connect a thread out of this forum directly to a strain at the seedfinder! This is very easy, if you are onto a strain-description page you will find a link "Connect a Thread" into the left (green) menu. Click ath this link and you will see a form, there you can select the strainhunters-forum (bottom-right) and you need to insert the thread-ID. (This you can find in the url of a thread, its the numeric part behind "topic/". For this thread it would be "3567".) Then hit the button and the thread will be linked below the strain-info at the seedfinder :) I think this is a good option to add extended info, detailed grow reports and so one!

If this is too much work for you - there is also a small Mozilla Firefox Addon (CannaFox) if you dont like to add all the data manually ;-) With the addon you simply can click a button to connect a thread and you can find more threads about the same strain by this way - and there are also some more options, check it out :)

thanks for your help and see you later!

• Like 3

hey seedfinder good to see you around here :)

I had instaled cannafox plugin very cool stuff ;)

Thanks for coming by here giving your answer about the semi autos, and thanks again for the hard work on the site ;)

yeah seed finder is an awsome referance i would always check the manufactures website if your planning on growing a strain. but if you just wanna gain some info on different crosses and some basic family lines and what not ts a great site.

two favourite features: the site allows the users to rate and reveiw the strains which for me gives me hope that even tho there is a bit of not totally right info like wikipedia the info will get stronger with age

the second has to be that they are trying to list known pheno types and describes them for each strain ( altho they still are missing alot of strains). this is one thing i find isent written on breeders websites as often as it should be. with the rise in the last ten years or so maybe even 15 years now of feminized seeds more and more growers are opting to cut out the hole mother cloning part of their set up and just going straight from seed. i feel both methods have benifits over each other and both could benifit from having the known pheno types listed for people growing mothers if you are in love with a certain structure of a strains pheno type knowing how many possible varities there could be would help you to figure out how many plants to start inorder to find that certain pheno type obviously it isent fool proof but it would help alittle bit. when growing straight from seed its great because if you have limitations on height and you find a strain that has small and bushy phenos as well as strechy long phenotype you can know a head of time to avoid that strain.

in short it helps you plan ahead a bit better when it comes to growing cannabis thats never a bad thing, it can be confusing to start out and with the amount of new crosses that get added to the mix every year it doesent make it any easyer.

beyond that there are other advantages one other thing i really enjoy bout that site is spending and afternoon browsing through it it really helps build your knowledge of different family and crosses. being medical user going to a dispensary for the first time is extremely confusing, if you have limited knowledge of marijuana its even harder. when i joined my dispensary i thought i had a pretty solid knowledge of different strains and medical uses. my basic knowledge was indica for pain sativa for clarity. i found out however that its not quite that simple. even today the bud tenders at my dispensary will always recommend indica for pain but for me heavy indica during the day can be really a burn out and its not comfortable if i have work to do. ive found that certian strains hybrids can be amazing for my symptoms for daytime relief for exsample anything haze but perticularly jack herer works wonders for me. i know fybromyaldia patients respond really well to a skunk #1 x white widow cross thats sold at my dispensary altho its indica dominate it has some sativa in it.

the reason having a wall of genetics to look through is important to me is because my dispensary often changes the menu and my most favourable strains for my symptoms might not always be avalible to me so ive gotta know what other alternatives might suffice. my only hope is that in the future we can start bringing all this information together make a wall of symtoms and have which strains react positively to each symptom and just really legitimize cannabis as a medicine in a way that's undisputable.

itll happen slowly but surely i still remeber the day i decided cannabis was more then just an appitite enhancers and a mild to medium painkiller. i was at my dispensary in the smoking room and a guy came in with his caretaker. this guy had parkinsons disease and the tremors or whatever you would call it where so bad this guy couldent even speak his teeth chattered so much. his caretaker held a pipe to his mouth and lit it for him when he finially took a few pulls off the pipe it was almost instant his tremors slowed down to an almost complete stop. i was amazed the reaction was so drastic that if i had met him after he smoked i wouldent have known he had parkinsons. when we started having a conversation the guy told me he would have probably killed himself if it wasent for cannabis and that it was the only thing that works everytime instantly for his symptoms.

at the time this happened i was on 125 mc patch of fentynal every 2 days and 80 mgs of methadone. the fentynal was for my chrons disease and the methadone for a heroin addiction i have build up after becoming addicted to morphine i was perscribed to from when i was first diagnosed with inflammed bowel disorder. i took a serious inventory of all the medications i was taking and went off to find information on what i could replace with cannabis. Supprising enough i couldent find much info other then a few testimonials from people who have the same disease i do. so started exsperimenting using seedfinder as a refferance and breeders websites to navigate the menu at my dispensary.

it took a long time of trial and error but i have been able to completely stop taking fentynal which if anyone knows what fentynal is its an opiate pain killer that is about 10 times the strength of heroin. my methadone is down to 35mgs a day. after i started eating capsules of cannabis oil every night before bed my problems with the imflimation have been under control altho still take immuosuppressors but me and my doctor are talking about possible cutting those out as well. and ive been able to come off of my prednasone completely which for me had the most side effects in ways i think it made my problems worse i couldent eat i was dropping weight like you wouldent believe it was horrible and nothing works like certain strains of cannabis even today its hard for me to wrap my mind around the fact that a plant has done more good for me then any mass made perscription drug those drugs givin to me at such a young age turned me into a drug addict. and im not alone on this in north america it is estimated that over 80% of heroin addicts age 30 and under starting using oxycontin or percocet out of the 80% its estimated that 50% of these users started by having a perscription at a young age usually from getting there wisdom teeth out or from minor surgery from an accident.

my beef with theses stats is that i was able to replace fentynal with marijuana fentynal is one of the strongest opioid pain killers known to man. so im saying why are we still perscribing these horribly addictive drugs when cannabis is one of the safest narcotics in the world. and probably one of the most medically benifitical. alot of it hs to do with cannabis reputation but think another part of it is disorganization info on the medical uses is vast but its scattered. so its easy for someone that apposes the use of canabis medically to say "sure its effective but with so many different compounds, cannabinods and strains you cant be sure what its gonna do for you". sites like these (seed finder) along with class act breeders like green house who put an effort into rescearching the cannabinoid profile of there catalog brings us one more step closer to having undenyible proof of cannabis legitamicy as a safe and effective medicine.

• Like 1

I agree not all stats are perfect on seedfinder but it is a good resource, a place to start to do further research.

Whys and wherefores of medicines and the laws that govern them are complicated.

I guess to simplify it , it comes down to money, ignorance and politics.

We all know about big pharma,if it can't be patented then there is not enough profit, because all you competitors can produce it too. Ignorance, we have been told for a long time "Drugs are bad mmkay" and that is ingrained in many peoles minds.The federal Government in USA say it is a schedule 1 drug, with no medicinal properties and so if you try to explain to some people the medical benifits, they will just stick thier fingers in thier ears and go "lalalal".Ignorance is bliss until you get cancer or chronic pain or a whole host of ailments and illnesses, then people start to see things differently.

Politics what can i say,in most cases they think if they mention cannabis they wont be elected.There are many politicians in the uk and in other countries, who have toked before being a politician but won't support it, why? because politics is a two faced game.

A friend of mine refers to politics as folly tricks. I think he has a point.

Peace

Lams

• Like 2

i know lams its crazy, but i have faith when i think about the leaps and bounds the status of marijuana has gone thru in canada even n the last 10 years. even with politicians. in 2002 the leader of canadas liberal party suggested legalizing marijuana and took a lot of heat for it. 2 years later marijuana was decriminalized in canada it was sweet but short lived as the USA threatend to tighen up the boarder but at that time public opinion was still vary strongly against the legalization of marijuana in the years since then things have changed in canada resent poll suggest well over half the country support the legalization of marijuana for recreational purposes. the public support of the legalization movement in canada has become so overwhelming that even politicians couldent ignore it anymore.

finnally we've came to a situation where a political party actually took heat for speaking out against the legalization movement. but even more impressive then that we now have a major political party infact the political party that was in office for the majority of the last century who took a serious beating last election decide tat in order to gain more support they were gonna take a stance on the marijuana issue and came out and took a vote for a resolution to legalize cannabis in canada in january of this year the party voted in favour of legalization with a wopping 77% voting in favor. the out come of this vote means that in the election in 2015 if the liberals get voted in they have promised to legalize marijuana for recreational purposes. they are even considering using the issue as a platform for there campain in the next election . .

here is an article on the vote and what it means for canada its still in the air how much it will effect the laws but i have faith that canada will be the first country to completely legalize cannabis in 2015 maybe im alittle overly optimistic but the public is starting to back the idea. http://cannabis.hawaiinewsdaily.com/2012/01/16/canadas-liberals-endorse-marijuana-legalization/

• 2 months later...

hi all,

i now installed a strain wizard, totally based on the data we collect with the user reviews :) There are a lots of filters like flowering windows, yield, growth behaviors and infos, aroma, taste, effects etc. pp. :) You can combine and add as much filters as you need - and also the output of the filtered strains is sortable and filterable once again :) I hope this will be useful for you, here the link:

-> Cannabis Strain Wizard

But please note: its a beta version - it may look not perfect and there will be lots of changes in the next days - but i hope it will work for the beginning :)

See you later,

klaas

i#d like to know more about the Big Bang, since I grow one feminzed seeed and it is part of the genetics of the wonderful AUTO BOMB. The Greenomatic is obvious = a cross between a ruderalis + morrrocan hash plant, This is pretty easy to find in that strain, the Big bang is a bit more mysterruious - so many different phenos among the grow reports I've seen and my AB looks again different.

So if someone could shed a light on the lineage please do so

• 2 weeks later...