Deodorizing Solutions

Potent

Hey Hunters

As it's coming to the point in the year where most growers are Flowering i thought it would be a good time to discuss our own home remedies for coping with our stinky plants :D

I don't just mean Carbon Filters for the extraction. I'm referring too the smell being carried around the house/flat or even around the garden/patio area anywhere our plants are not :)

Growing is becoming more and more popular around the globe it is hard to keep up with all the new grow product's available and even sometimes overlooking the Old tried and tested methods.

So i'l leave you with this, is the most common solution a simple plug-in Air freshener? or are there more Natural or even Technical and specifically designed ways? :read:

Peace

• Like 1

The only thing i'd read on that forum i believe and find really efficient is cooking... A big fat chilly or a banana bread will do the trick for a few hours but it doesnt last and you cant be cooking all day long...

For now i just cross my finger for the few days remaining in this session hehe... I hated the light issue in winter but it's nothing compare to the odor issues in summer...

Peace!

Well, don't know these two new solutions from experience BUT as far as efficient odor control these new products seem to really help out.

One is called ONA NLOCKS - a pot with Gel you put close to the odor source i.e.. next to a flowering plant inside the grow room and the Gel takes away most of the odor inside and mixes it within the gel. The new aspect is that it has a little fragrance, but is not one of those sprays or deo sticks, that try to overpower the dank with an even stronger fragrance, which makes things only worse imo.

So these are on my list for the next order.

Don't know if anyone tried them out.

The real PRO solution is an Ozone Cleaner, purifies the air and fiilters out ozone and all it transports, smells esp. and transforms it into pure o2 . Blows out 3 litre fresh air per minute.

Sells for 100 pounds

the ONA Blocks cost 10.95

Check this link for more info :

http://www.basementlighting.com/odour_control.htm

Odor control

OK Ozone Generator

Hey dudes cool responses

@Elias, when i was harvesting last time the amount of times i kept burnt my toast :D i found that worked really well hehe

@Bam, yeah i have read up about those ONA blocks and have bin thinking of trying them out.

@Dust, yes the Ozone cleaner would be the best option but also the most costly but i think i will probably invest in one later on in the year. I don't really have a problem as such with odor control as i do have a carbon filter per tent but when you open up ya grow space's smells leak out etc and i like to have windows open especially in my bedroom, so my only concern is smells leaking out the house etc

Would be good to hear from someone who has tried these ONA blocks/gels to see if they are a good alternative to normal air freshener plug-ins, i like the idea that they are Odor neutralizing instead of covering the smell up. I would like to have two, one on a window sill and another by the front door. you can never be too careful :)

If no response on these within a few days i think i might have to order them to check em out and to get a review on the site hehe

Peace

Another aspect I like about that Ozone filter is that it pushes out 2 or 3 litre of pure O2 . So instead of adding fresh air from an outside source the Ozone Cleaner should do that fresh air intake function just as well. Simply add 2 inline fans and maaybe a simple Axial fan and you have your grow room ventilated properly - no noises or vibrations people could hear, you can open the door for a moment and no smell escapes.. Of course you have to close it a while later in case the plants are really strong flowering or oozing out odors..

Might be pricey, but if you can save on a ventilation set it is a non brainer solution.

All that is needed is a test if that thing really does all that it claims to do.

ONA Blocks are handy for smokers anyway...

• 3 weeks later...

I could not get ONA Block Gel due to the vendor i ordered the rest of my stuff sold a GEL like that called LimPuro Air Fresh and I tried it last night to cover get rid of the long lingering weed smell from the AB Joint I smoked. Since nobody in the house smokes anymore every time someone smokes a cigarette we can notice that for hours and hours , weed was even more intense..

So i opened that Gel and it has a strong refreshing odor, that seems to go away petty fast. First I was disappointed since it effectively COVERS the sell - but in the long term - overnight the smells are all gone - Ona Gel probably works the same .

Next month I'll try that small Ozone filter that is sold on eBay for only 26,95 € - 50 mg/hour makes it safe indoors and overnight It should get a fresh breeze in a smoky room !

Cannot use Ozone generators inside a grow room ! Same with the Limpuro Gel would harm plants !

Hey dude, sorry to read that you could not get the ONA blocks/gel i have not heard of the LImPuro air freshener.

I should have updated this post so thanks for reminding me :)

from what i can gather it kind of works the same way but not. I have bin using the ONA Block pro and Crystal and they do work well of course not compared to the Ozone Filter but for a fraction of the price i am happy with them. i have the pro outside my grow area and very few smells leak out and that's only when the door is opened but once closed nothing again, i use the crystal block for downstairs, outside my smoking room and that also works really well. as the name suggests they are not a Air freshener but a Odor Neutraliser.

In due time i will be purchasing a Ozone Filter but for the time being the ONA block's work well.

Peace

Really happy with that imPuro as well. It takes away all rests of odor esp. after smoking late at night in the morning7afternoon roomsmells fresh + clean - no signs of cannabis smoke left, same with strong odors from the grow box - Leaving the block open for a while kills that odor for a few hours. Then open anew !

You can save a lot of trouble or at least paranoia by using something like that for under 10 Euros !

Awesome dude good to hear :)

So in short there are a few solutions;

if you have the money best option - Ozone Filter

Cash saving options - ONA Block/Gel or LimPuro Air Freshener

Mission Accomplished :D

Peace

• 1 month later...

Personally as well as rhino filters, ozone generators both inside extraction hose after carbon filter, and in the room as well ( which incidentally have been linked to scarring of the lungs and should be turned off 1 hour prior to entering the room according to my growshop dude) , de-ionizers, and serious amounts of plug in air fresheners in every other room except the grow room. I have also taken many paranoic measures over the years including lots of cooking with garlic, painting every other room relentlesly to ensure all visitors could ever smell was paint. Even went through a baking bread stage which all my buddy's really liked funny enough. The one thing I will stress though is under NO CIRCUMSTANCES ever use Incense this is toxic stuff to the plants and made the weed taste like perfume despite it only being burned in other rooms I actually had pot pourri cheese when I done it and ended up doing a dry ice th extraction with most of it nearly put me off growin but if at first you don't succeed try, and try again

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

This might be a bit late but I have used de-ionizers in the past and they worked great, I'm using ona tub now and it was ok for a day or 2 but starting to smell the plant through it now, not sure about the ozone generator never used one but I play with electricity ( tesla stuff ) and plasma and fusion and they produce ozone with some experiments and it's very bad for you.... Very bad.... Again never used grow room ozone generators so not sure how they work.

This might be a bit late but I have used de-ionizers in the past and they worked great, I'm using ona tub now and it was ok for a day or 2 but starting to smell the plant through it now, not sure about the ozone generator never used one but I play with electricity ( tesla stuff ) and plasma and fusion and they produce ozone with some experiments and it's very bad for you.... Very bad.... Again never used grow room ozone generators so not sure how they work.

Ona gels (the jar) imo work best outside the grow space around the home or general areas were u smoke to take the stale smell away, u still have to walk round shaking them up if u dont like the idea of putting it out on a plate spread out.

De-ionisers are good - but they have to be well maintained and again in my experience work best outside the space.

They do not do well in humid conditions and can rust internally becoming useless

• Like 1

Comparing ONA GEL PRO with Limpuro Air there is no contest - the Limpuro is miles ahead, but is also empty much earlier, wich is probably the main reason why it works so much better. The key factor to me is i don't like the flavor of the ONA PRO while the LimPuro smells like fresh lemon or something when you open it. last 4 to 6 weeks and is the one solution I really consider using constantly. Already ordered 2 of those - It does NOT cover the smell of drying weed though, but for little leaks and for smoking modestly it is a good solution, that is not offensive having around .

• Like 2

my brother started to use a vicks air purifier outside the room no smell throughout the rest of the house now vicks v-9071 we got it from e-bay we have it on a timer to come on for 30 mins every 2 hrs and an hour before lights come on

the carbon filters are the best for kill any odors but outside of the room you can try a air ionizer it's like a little box who 'kill' the odors chemically, and some perfume for house make box too with a little carbon filter + a perfume. never try but that can works well i guess ;)