10,000 PPM CO2 A Bug Killing Extravaganza?

irishsmoker89

Just looking to see if any one has flooded their sealed room with 10,000 + PPM as a way to kill bugs. My main concern is that it wont kill larva/eggs of mites and aphids. Any one with experience please let me know. Other than if it will be successful or not, I'm looking for PPM and duration of the elevated levels. FYI, yes my room is sealed up nice and tight and I use a tank not a gen so I'm positive I can get it to that level. Thanks for the help friends!

i herd this works wonders. but as u seid it doesnt get the eggs.the flood time has to be short( like 5 min) cuz any think over 5000ppm is poisonous to plants. try it 3 times like 3 days apart and u will get them all

• Like 2

had never heard about that, learning everyday :D

Bozoph advice sounds good, if it doesn't get the egg and larva just wait for them to grow and kill them before they have sex those basterds!! don't know how long they to be mature would be nice to know, but try with the 3 days bozoph says ;)

Good luck man

• Like 1

Thanks for the advise! I'll let you fellas know how it goes. Dust, you have a good point on getting the buggers before they reproduce. I know aphids are asexual but I have no idea how long they take to reach reproduction age. As for mites, I have no idea. I'll look into it more before I try and see how it goes. Another idea I had, do you think it would be better to try this during dark or light?

same as for sex maturation, check out when they mostly are active, unless there is a recomendation against high presure with the lights on with the elctricity, i don't know about that, try to find a detail page about it to be sure ;)

Also having positive air pressure in the grow room or cupboard will help , and no dead dying or yellow leaves which attracts them, interesting fact i heard the other day is thats why the sticky traps are yellow, because the color yellow attracts them because they rather go for a sick or dying leaf first and then spread from there.

Just a thought ;)

• Like 1

Well I gave it a go this morning. Flooded 10,000 PPM for an hour with AC and dehumidifier shut off. On first look there are a lot of dead mites on the floor. The plants that had Afids I harvested a few days ago and have not spotted them on any other strains so no worries there. I'll post again in a few days to let ya have an update. Thanks for all the input, cheers!

• Like 1

I just did it again. Got a few more, no aphids, just mites as I don't think e aphids are attracted to any of my other strains. The dead mites are not nearly as pronounced as they were last time. I ill probably do it once or twice more to make sure over them all.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I think as Boz said in an earlier post only C02 flood time should be no more than 5 mins. I'm guessing this is what you did Irishsmoker?Then vented out.

Good to hear that is killing thos little blighters. serveral more doses and hopefully you will have seen an end to them.

Happy growing

Peace

Lams

Stealthmeister, I have started flooding my room once a week for 15 minutes in the early "morning" (right as my lights come on). Then vent and return my climate to normal. This has worked out excellently and I have had zero bug problems. If you or any one who is reading the thread are able to do this with consistency, I highly recommend it. I'm confident that all the mites and aphids are dead however, as my growing space is my basement I tend to get spiders and the like. Thus, dumping all that C02 takes care of them!

I've heard that the asains use this technique. And most people don't realize that the yellow sticky traps are for indentifying your pests, not really to combat them.... I promote watering with Azamax, as long as you have 21 days or longer to go. If not, spray with azamax... it takes care of everything pretty much.

• 1 month later...

I have read that you flood your room for 15 minutes- vent- very important- and then do it one more time 5 days later-

I am very curious if this does work - and how do you get the ppm so high- do I have to get an expensive meter to monitor the levels?

I am new here- but I am super excited about using this method for mite control as the patients are consuming plants raw in juicing/smoothys- and want NO residue from pesticides of any kind-

I have an Agrowtek control computer for my garden. Also, plan on using your entire tank or close to it as it pressurizes your room thus creating leaks. This drains your tank quick! I agree that keeping pesticides off is the way to go. Good luck and welcome friend!

• Like 1