bug infestation

Gaz

Hi Guys and Girls,

I have some bugs on a couple of my plants. At least i think they are bugs, on one of them anyway. I have some little white oval shape bugs on one of my NL autoflowers, the seem to lay eggs on the stem of the plants, I think they are eggs but they look like white flecks, mainlyu and down the main stem , but he bugs hide under the leaves.

On my feminized seeds i have some black spots that have appeared over the last couple of days, there are no signs of damp in my room, as has a constant fresh air supply and a fan moving the air 24hr a day.

Any suggestions what they could be and how to destroy them. have read about malathion, but not really keen to us chems on the leaves.

well i guess a little Neem Oil spray would not hurt, if there are flying pest too, try to get some yellow pest trap with glue on it works pretty nice for some flying pest.

Beside that if you search a little on the forum you will find some name of products often used.

Good luck man

sounds like white flys or thrips....just make sure you know what your dealing with first. once you know you can decide on what means of attack! Just try to get it done before flowering and if you are flowering then be careful with what you use.

goodluck and see if you can take a pic and we can help ID the pests

• 2 weeks later...

2 weeks

Follow the link for a guide to pests of cannabis.

http://www.strainhun...nd-description/

Lets us know which it is, the guild also give useful advice to ways of dealing with each particular pest you have.

Good luck never nice to have to deal with invaders :(

Peace

Lams

as lambread pointed too ur pest link

http://www.strainhunters.com/forums/topic/3548-cannabis-pests-introduction-and-description/#entry39080

Belated thanks lams, Very useful information

I have sprayed them twice now and still there are white, grey and black bits on the underside of some leaves. how will I know if i have eradicated them, have tried to brush some leaves clean and don't seem to be anythin new occuring. i also reluctant to spray any more pesticide on them as they are in week 7 of flower. Would you recomend spraying the plant with water to try and flush any pesticides off it, i am unsure with it being so late in the flowering stage.

• 2 weeks later...

Thrips arent that devastating to short term crops. The only thing i can suggest for thrips is spraying with Azamax, and sprinkling diatenacious earth powder over the top of your pots or cubes. There hard to deal with because they hide below your medium and have two diff life cycles.... some people water with hydrogen peroxide to kill whatevers in the soil, but I dont.