3rd Mega Contest - Sweet Valley Kush - UK Indoor - Completed

gasmeter

Time for a mid week update on the 4 Sweet Valley Kush.

Last night the dirt in the root pouches was nice and dry so I gave all of the plants 1ltr of water each.

They are all growing well although SVK-M#2 is not as vigorous as the other 3 plants, but I am well pleased with their progress.

So tonight I measured them all SVK-B#1 = 15cm, SVK-B#2 = 16cm, SVK-M#1 = 17cm, SVK-M#2 = 14cm

The maximum temperature in the tent over the ast few days was 32C the minimum temperature was 20C and the maximum humidity was 86% and the minimum humidy was 56% so even when the dirt is dry the humidity has not gone under 50% which is not bad.

Here are some images I took this evening.

Sweet Valley Kush plants in grow tent under LED.

19june-2019-svk-in-grow-tent.jpg

SVK-B#1 side view.

19june-2019-svk-b#1-side-view.jpg

SVK-B#1 foliage.

19june-2019-svk-b#1-foliage.jpg

SVK-B#2 side view.

19june-2019-svk-b#2-side-view.jpg

SVK-B#2 foliage.

19june-2019-svk-b#2-foliage.jpg

SVK-M#1 side view.

19june-2019-svk-m#1-side-view.jpg

SVK-M#1 foliage.

19june-2019-svk-m#1-foliage.jpg

SVK-M#2 side view.

19june-2019-svk-m#2-side-view.jpg

SVK-M#2 foliage.

19june-2019-svk-m#2-foliage.jpg

Sweet Valley Kush plants in normal light.

19june-2019-svk-plants.jpg

The plants all seem to be happy with the powder feed, they all look nice and green, the powder feed is definitely easy to use especially the bio feed most of the time your just watering the plants, GHS definitely echieved their goal to provide plant food that is easy to use.

More updates to follow soon, happy growing...

• Like 3

All 4 Sweet Valley Kush are growing OK this is the end of week 1 of 4 weeks of veg growth.

The dirt in their root pouches was dry last night so I gave SVK-B#1 and SVK-B#2 a litre of water each.

Then I mixed 1g of the Grow powder feed with 2 litres of water and then I gave SVK-M#1 and SVK-M#2 1 litre of the water and powder feed solution.

I measured the plants today and SVK-B#1 is 19cm and SVK-B#2 is 17cm then SVK-M#1 is 21cm and SVK-M#2 is 16cm

Here are some images I took last night before I watered and fed the plants.

Sweet Valley Kush in grow tent under LED.

23june-2019-svk-in-grow-tent.jpg

The temperature and humidity in the grow tent.

23june-2019-temp-humidity-in-grow-tent.jpg

SVK-B#1 side view of plant.

23june-2019-svk-b#1-side-view.jpg

SVK-B#1 foliage.

23june-2019-svk-b#1-foliage.jpg

SVK-B#1 top view of plant.

23june-2019-svk-b#1-top-view.jpg

SVK-B#2 side view of plant.

23june-2019-svk-b#2-side-view.jpg

SVK-B#2 foliage.

23june-2019-svk-b#2-foliage.jpg

SVK-B#2 top view of plant.

23june-2019-svk-b#2-top-view.jpg

SVK-M#1 side view of plant.

23june-2019-svk-m#1-side-view.jpg

SVK-M#1 foliage.

23june-2019-svk-m#1-foliage.jpg

SVK-M#1 top view of plant.

23june-2019-svk-m#1-top-view.jpg

SVK-M#2 side view of plant.

23june-2019-svk-m#2-side-view.jpg

SVK-M#2 foliage.

23june-2019-svk-m#2-foliage.jpg

SVK-M#2 top view of plant.

23june-2019-svk-m#2-top-view.jpg

Sweet Valley Kush lined up ready to water and feed.

23june-2019-svk-ready-to-feed-water.jpg

Sweet Valley Kush watered and fed back in grow tent under the LED.

23june-2019-svk-watered-and-fed-back-in-tent.jpg

So far there has not been a lot of difference in the growth of all the plants SVK-M#2 is definitely slower and less vigorous than the others and SVK-M#1 does seem to be the most vigorous so far but SVK-B#1 is not far behind.

More updates soon, happy growing...

• Like 5

Time for a quick update on progress for the 4 indoor Sweet Valley Kush plants.

All of the plants are growing nicely and making good progress under the LED last night I measure them all and SVK-B#1 is now 22cm tall, SVK-B#2 is 20cm tall, SVK-M#1 is 24cm tall and SVK-M#2 is 19cm tall.

On Tuesday night the dirt in the plants root pouches was nice and dry so I gave them all 1 litre of water each.

Ove the weekend when the dirt in their pouches dries out again I will give SVK-B#1 and SVK-B#2 some enhancer and I will give SVK-M#1 and SVK-M#2 a feed of the mineral grow powder feed.

Updates to follow, happy growing...

• Like 2

End f week 2 of veg.

On Firday evening the dirt in the root pouches was nice and dry so I gave SVK-B#1 and SVK-B#1 1 litre of water each containing 0.5g of enhancer and I also gave SVK-M#1 and SVK-M#2 1 litre of water each containing 0.5g of grow powder feed.

Last night they were still thristy and the dirt in their pouches was dry so I gave each plant 2 litres of water.

I also measured all of the plants before I watered them SVK-B#1 is now 24cm tall and SVK-B#2 is now 21cm tall SVK-M#1 is now 24cm tall and SVK-M#2 is now 21cm tall.

Here are some images I took last night just before I watered the plants.

All 4 Sweet Valley Kush plants in the grow tent.

30june-2019-svk-in-grow-tent.jpg

SVK-B#1 side view.

30june-2019-svk-b#1-side-view.jpg

SVK-B#1 foliage.

30june-2019-svk-b#1-foliage.jpg

SVK-B#1 top of plant.

30june-2019-svk-b#1-top-of-plant.jpg

SVK-B#2 side view.

30june-2019-svk-b#2-side-view.jpgSVK-B#2 foliage.

30june-2019-svk-b#2-foliage.jpg

SVK-B#2 top of plant.

30june-2019-svk-b#2-top-of-plant.jpg

SVK-M#1 side view.

30june-2019-svk-m#1-side-view.jpg

SVK-M#1 foliage.

30june-2019-svk-m#1-foliage.jpg

SVK-M#1 top of plant.

30june-2019-svk-m#1-top-of-plant.jpg

SVK-M#2 side view.

30june-2019-svk-m#2-side-view.jpg

SVK-M#2 foliage.

30june-2019-svk-m#2-foliage.jpg

SVK-M#2 top of plant.

30june-2019-svk-m#2-top-of-plant.jpg

This morning when I checked on them at 6.30am they looked a lot happier they were obviously well ready for a drink.

More updates to follow, happy growing...

• Like 4

Time for a quick mid week progress update on the 4 Sweet Valley Kush.

Last night the dirt in their root pouches was quite dry and the fan leaves were starting to droop, so I mixed 2g of Grow powder feed with 4 litres of water I had stored in lemonade bottles which hold 2 litres and I gave SVK-M#1 and SVK-M#2 one 2 litre pop bottle of water and feed each.

Then I rinsed the watering can with tap water then I gave SVK-B#1 and SVK-B#2 one 2 litre pop bottle of water each as well.

Tonight I measured all of the plants SVK-B#1 is now 28cm tall and SVK-B#2 is now 25cm tall, SVK-M#1 is now 29cm tall and SVK-M#2 is now 24cm tall.

Over the past few days since my last update the maximum temp in the tent has been 30,5C minimum temp 20.5C and maximum humidity 97% and minimum humidity 37% the temperature during the day is usually averaging about 26/8C, but over the past couple of days it has been very warm and sunny.

The rate of growth between SVK-B#1 SVK-B#2 and SVK-M#1 SVK-M#2 has been very similar with each pair of plants, one plant is a bit more vigorous in growth than the other plant and a couple of cm taller than the less vigorous plant.

When I water or water and feed the plants on the mineral feed they have a little growth spurt and get a bit taller and make more nodes on the stalks.

I was thinking that the plants on the mineral feed would be doing better growth wise, but so far their growth rate has been very similar, neither the mineral or the bio feed plants are growing more vigorously than the other plants.

The bio feed is definitely easy to use, I think when I give them the bio bloom feed I will give them 4 weeks worth then repeat 4 weeks later  and ease them into it, on the two girls outside some of the tips of the fan leaves are burned a week after feeding 8 weeks worth of bloom feed.

I am loving their progress so far and the fact that the plants are very similar in size and nice short compact bushy plants, it looks like there will definitely be enough room in the tent height wise comparing the outdoor plants which are now in their 2nd week of flowering at 46cm and 57cm tall.

More updates to follow at the weekend with some images, happy growing... :D

• Like 3

Hi @g22 yes your right about the BioBizz All Mix having plenty of nutrients for 6 weeks

I will give the indoor plants on the bio feed less and not all at once I will feed them a small feed every couple of weeks to play it safe.

• Like 1

End of week 3 of veg and time for a weekly update on the progress of the 4 Sweet Valley Kush plants.

On Friday the dirt in the root pouches was nice and dry so I gave all four plants 2 litres of water each.

All four plants are growing and progressing nicely making lots of new nodes and slowling increasing in height.

Yesterday I measure all of the plants SVK-B#1 is now 31cm tall and SVK-B#2 is now 28cm tall, SVK-M#1 is now 32cm tall and SVK-M#2 is now 27cm tall.

Since my last update the the maximum temperature in the tent was 30.5C the minimum temperature was 20.5C and the maximum humidity was 97% and the minimum humidity was 37% the spike in humidity is during the night after watering or watering and feeding the plants.

Here are some images I took last night.

Sweet valley Kush plants in grow tent under LED top view.

07july-2019-svk-grow-tent-top-view.jpg

Sweet valley Kush plants in grow tent under LED side view.

07july-2019-svk-grow-tent-side-view.jpg

A row of 4 Sweet valley Kush plants.

07july-2019-row-4-svk--plants.jpg

SVK-B#1 side view.

07july-2019-svk-b#1-side-view.jpg

SVK-B#1 stalks and foliage.

07july-2019-svk-b#1-stalks-foliage.jpg

SVK-B#1 top of plant.

07july-2019-svk-b#1-top-of-plant.jpg

07july-2019-svk-b#1-top-view.jpg

SVK-B#2 side view.

07july-2019-svk-b#2-side-view.jpg

SVK-B#2 stalks and foliage.

07july-2019-svk-b#2-stalks-foliage.jpg

SVK-B#2 top of plant.

07july-2019-svk-b#2-top-of-plant.jpg

07july-2019-svk-b#2-top-view.jpg

SVK-M#1 side view.

07july-2019-svk-m#1-side-view.jpg

SVK-M#1 stalks and foliage.

07july-2019-svk-m#1-stalks-foliage.jpg

SVK-M#1 top of plant.

07july-2019-svk-m#1-top-of-plant.jpg

07july-2019-svk-m#1-top-view.jpg

SVK-M#2 side view.

07july-2019-svk-m#2-side-view.jpg

SVK-M#2 stalks and foliage.

07july-2019-svk-m#2-stalks-foliage.jpg

SVK-M#2 top of plant.

07july-2019-svk-m#2-top-of-plant.jpg

07july-2019-svk-m#2-top-view.jpg

So just one week of veg left and I will reset the timer so they are on a 12/12 photoperiod and get them flowering.

I will not give them any bloom feed straight away I will wait a week and give them a flush first.

With the bio bloom feed I am going to play it safe and give them a couple of weeks worth at a time and ease them into the bloom feed to avoid problems with over feeding.

So far I am well pleased with their progress most of the lower stalks on each plants have at least 3 or 4 nodes they are enjoying the LED.

Happy growing... :D

• Like 3

End of week 4 of veg and the start of week 1 of 12/12 and time for a weekly update on the progress of the 4 Sweet Valley Kush plants.

On monday the dirt in the root pouches so I gave them all 2 litres of water each then 3 days later on Thursday the dirt in the pouches was dry so I gave each plant 2 litres of water each.

This morning when the LED came on I put the bloom switch on and this afternoon I adjusted the timer so it goes off at 6pm so the photoperiod is 12/12

I measure all of the plants this afternoon and SVK-b#1 is now 41cm tall and SVK-B#2 is now 37cm tall, SVK-M#1 is now 41cm tall and SVK-M#2 is now 40cm tall.

The maximum temperature inside the tent this week was 29.2C and the minimum temperature was 25.8C the maximum humidity was 99% and the minimum humidity was 57%

The dirt in 3 of the plants root pouches was nice and dry tonight so I gave them all 2 litres of water just before the LED switched off.

Here are some images I took this afternoon.

All of the plants under LED in grow tent.

14july-2019-svk-in-grow-tent-under-led.jpg

SVK-B#1 side view of plant.

14july-2019-svk-b#1-side-view.jpg

SVK-B#1 plant foliage.

14july-2019-svk-b#1-foliage.jpg

14july-2019-svk-b#1-top-view.jpg

SVK-B#2 side view of plant.

14july-2019-svk-b#2-side-view.jpg

SVK-B#2 plant foliage.

14july-2019-svk-b#2-foliage.jpg

14july-2019-svk-b#2-top-view.jpg

SVK-M#1 side view of plant.

14july-2019-svk-m#1-side-view.jpg

SVK-M#1 plant foliage.

14july-2019-svk-m#1-foliage.jpg

14july-2019-svk-m#1-top-view.jpg

SVK-M#2 side view of plant.

14july-2019-svk-m#2-side-view.jpg

SVK-M#2 plant foliage.

14july-2019-svk-m#2-foliage.jpg

14july-2019-svk-m#2-top-view.jpg

All four Sweet Valley Kush plants in normal light.

14july-2019-svk-normal-light.jpg

Happy growing... :D

• Like 4

Time for a quick mid week update on the 4 Sweet Valley Kush plants.

Everything has been going well in the tent over the past few days all the plants are growing nicely and responding well to the full spectrum light.

This afternoon I filled four 2 litre pop bottles with water ready to water them tomorrow.

Then I measure all 4 plants SVK-B#1 is now 48cm tall and SVK-B#2 is now 44cm tall, SVK-M#1 is now 47cm tall and SVK-M#2 is now 45cm tall.

The maximum temperature inside the tent over the past 3 days was 31.1C and the minimum temperature was 22.5C the maximum humidity was 95% and the minimum humidity was 51%

I will wait until the end of the week and then I will put the dehumidifier in the tent to keep the humidity in check during flowering.

More updates soon, happy growing... :pleasantry:

• Like 2

End of week 1 and start of week 2 of 12/12 photoperiod.

Time for a weekly update on the progress of the 4 Sweet Valley Kush plants.

All of the plants are growing well and at the end of week 1 of 12/12 photoperiod you can see girly bits on all 4 plants.

This afternoon I measured all of the plants just before I watered and fed them bloom feed for the first time.

SVK-B#1 is now 58cm tall and SVK-B#2 is now55cm tall, SVK-M#1 is now 55CM tall and SVK-M#2 is now 56cm tall.

In the tent over the past few day since my last update the maximum temperature in the grow tent was 29.9C and the minimum temperature was 21.9C the maximum humidity was 96% and the minimum humidity was 47%

After taking some photos of the plants and measuring them I put 08g of mineral bloom feed in 2 litres of water and gave SVK-M#1 and SVK-M#2 2 litres of the mix each to give them a mild feed and I weighed out some of the bio bloom feed and I mixed 15g into the soil of both SVK-B#1 and SVK-B#2 and watered it in with 2 litres of water each.

In the feed information it says 3g to 5g per litre of soil so there is about 10 litres of soil in a 12 litre root pouch so I gave them 1.5g per litre of soil which worked out at 15g per plant which is half the minimum amount specified to play it safe and avoid any problems, I can always give them a bit more in a few weeks if they need it.

Here are some images of the plants I took before I fed them.

All 4 Sweet Valley Kush plants in grow tent under LED.

21july-2019-svk-in-grow-tent-under-led.jpg

SVK-B#1 side view of the plant.

21july-2019-svk-b#1-side-view.jpg

SVK-B#1 top view of the plant.

21july-2019-svk-b#1-top-view.jpg

SVK-B#1 girly bits (high res).

21july-2019-svk-b#1-girly-bits.jpg

SVK-B#2 side view of the plant.

21july-2019-svk-b#2-side-view.jpg

SVK-B#2 top view of the plant.

21july-2019-svk-b#2-top-view.jpg

SVK-B#2 girly bits (high res).

21july-2019-svk-b#2-girly-bits.jpg

SVK-M#1 side view of the plant.

21july-2019-svk-m#1-side-view.jpg

SVK-M#1 top view of the plant.

21july-2019-svk-m#1-top-view.jpg

SVK-M#1 girly bits (high res).

21july-2019-svk-m#1-girly-bits.jpg

SVK-M#2 side view of the plant.

21july-2019-svk-m#2-side-view.jpg

SVK-M#2 top view of the plant.

21july-2019-svk-m#2-top-view.jpg

SVK-M#2 girly bits (high res).

21july-2019-svk-m#2-girly-bits.jpg

All the Sweet Valley Kush ready to be watered and fed.

21july-2019-svk-ready-to-water-and-feed.jpg

Sweet Valley Kush and bio bloom feed.

21july-2019-svk-bio-bloom-feed.jpg

Sweet Valley Kush and mineral bloom feed.

21july-2019-svk-mineral-bloom-feed.jpg

As you can see from the first image my grow tent is pretty full now I was getting a bit worried but now they are in flower I am feeling more confident they will be OK, I have also got the dehumidifier set up and running in the tent now to keep the humidity under control.

Happy growing...   :pleasantry:

• Like 3

Thanks for the kind words @Jx-

If I remember correctly this is the 3rd run using these root pouches I got them about November last year, I really like them compared with the plastic pots I was using.

The fibre pouches help to oxygenate the roots and the dirt dries out better so watering and feeding are more consistent, I found that with the plastic pots sometimes the dirt took longer to dry out like 4 or 5 days instead of 2 or 3 days and a lot less oxygen is getting to the roots.

Using smaller plastic pots at first is a good idea though and repot them until they are big enough to go into the root pouch they will finish in this way you less likely to damage the roots of the plant because it is easier to slide them out of a plastic pot than a root pouch thats for sure.

Time for a quick update on the 4 Sweet Valley Kush plants.

All 4 plants are growing well and it is very obvious they are now in flower they all have buds at the top of each plant and the ends of all the stalks on each plant, the tent is pretty full but I can still raise the LED about 12 inches, so it should be OK

The dirt in the root pouches was nice and dry tonight so I gave each plant 2 litres of water just as the LED went off.

I have been running at big 12 inch fan to blast air into the room to kep the temeprature in the tent down because of this warm weather it has been getting the temperature in the tent has been getting to 30C today I have had to leave the tent door open all afternoon to keep the temperature in the tent stable at 28C

This hot weather can be a hassle, but I hope it continues until my outdoor girls are finished and ready to cut.

Next update at the weekend with images of the plants.

Happy growing...  :D

• Like 3

End of week 2 and start of week 3 of 12/12 photoperiod for the 4 Sweet Valley Kush plants.

On Saturday the dirt in the root pouches was dry so I gave SVK-B#1 and SVK-B#2 just 2 litres of water and then I mixed 1.6g of the short flower powder feeds with 2 litres of water I gave SVK-M#1 and SVK-M#2 2 litres of the feed and water mix each.

This afternoon I measured the plants and the root pouches were feeling light so I gave all the plants 2 litres of water each.

So all 4 plants have grown in height since last week SVK-B#1 is now 83cm tall and SVK-B#2 is now 82cm tall and SVK-M#1 79cm tall and SVK-M#2 is 83cm tall I think the stretch is over now they seem to be focused on making bud.

Since my last update in the grow tent the maximum temperature was 31.5C the minimum temperature was 22.8C the maximum humidity was 78% and the minimum humidity was 48% the peak in humidity is probably when I have watered the plants which is not bad and shows the dehumidifier is working.

Here are some image of the plants I took yesterday afternoon.

All 4 Sweet Valley Kush in the grow tent under the LED.

29july-2019-svk-in-grow-tent.jpg

SVK-B#1 bud on lower stalk.

29july-2019-svk-b#1-lower-bud.jpg

SVK-B#1 bud on stalk near top of plant.

29july-2019-svk-b#1-buds-near-top.jpg

SVK-B#1 bud at the top of the plant.

29july-2019-svk-b#1-top-bud.jpg

SVK-B#2 bud on lower stalk.

29july-2019-svk-b#2-lower-bud.jpg

SVK-B#2 bud on stalk near top of plant.

29july-2019-svk-b#2-buds-near-top.jpg

SVK-B#2 bud at the top of the plant.

29july-2019-svk-b#2-top-bud.jpg

SVK-M#1 bud on lower stalk.

29july-2019-svk-m#1-lower-bud.jpg

SVK-M#1 bud on stalk near top of plant.

29july-2019-svk-m#1-buds-near-top.jpg

SVK-M#1 bud at the top of the plant.

29july-2019-svk-m#1-top-bud.jpg

SVK-M#2 bud on lower stalk.

29july-2019-svk-m#2-lower-bud.jpg

SVK-M#2 bud on stalk near top of plant.

29july-2019-svk-m#2-buds-near-top.jpg

SVK-M#2 bud at the top of the plant.

29july-2019-svk-m#2-top-bud.jpg

Next week I will give SVK-B#1 and SVK-B#2 some enhancer and SVK-M#1 and SVK-M#2 some of the booster.

Happy growing...

• Like 3

Time for a quick progress update on the 4 indoor Sweet Valley Kush plants as we near the end of week 3 of flowering.

The dirt in the root pouches was nice and dry so at about 5pm I mixed 1.6g of short bloom powder feed with 2 litres of water and then mixed another 2 litres and then I gave SVK-M#1 and SVK-M#2 2 litres of the water and feed mix and then I gave SVK-B#1 and SVK-B#2 2 litres of water.

They will be ready of another drink Sunday so I will give SVK-B#1 and SVK-B#2 some enhancer and SVK-M#1 and SVK-M#2 some of the booster.

This morning I rotated the plants in the tent and while I had them all out of the tent I took the opportunity to remove the yoyo cords from the lamp and hang it off the clips directly off the tent tubing so the lamp is now as high as possible so there is plenty of room between the tops of the plants and the LED now, defintiely more than before so they should be OK now they have stopped stretching.

I am loving the progress in the tent under the LED compared with outdoors.

Happy growing...

• Like 2