nizzlewizzler

HELP ASAP! is this mould or is my bud turning purple

16 posts in this topic

so i noticed the tips of my buds going a dark colour. I assumed it was simply my bud turning purple as it was just the tips of the bud. However now Im getting paranoid its that black mould shit. I wouldnt say its black, but its dark - and to me it looks dark purple... But its questionable.

The colouration isnt at the centre of the bud... but the outside.

I have attached an image. please look and give me ur input.

post-9761-0-17681900-1328773816.jpg

looks to me like shes nearly finnished an shes using the last of the good stuff out her leaves, the purpling is normal in most buds if the temps are a bit lower than usual i find .I say chop,dry,smoke job done

You got DA purple Yo... leave it for another week try to bring down the temps a touch more to get more purple

that looks tastey,

sorry about the picture quality... it looks a lot better on my end (due to resizing).

some of the new'ish leaves have dark colouration on the edges to tips.

no it's just the end man, your tips seems burned by a little overfeediing, but anyway it's the end of the grow your dark is normal man ;)

But did you start the final flush? meaning stop giving nutes to your girls

good good ;) then you just have a marvellous swelling bud asking for beeing smoked ;) Nothing to worrie about ;)

it is purpling not mold. my super crit did that at the very end too.

yeah looks like the bud going purps mate enjoy that bud ;D

20171003_134230.thumb.jpg.07ea6e008867450f385de6745123ee9b.jpgI have a similar question.

Got two outdoor girls - not sure of the strain; just threw them in the ground. Had some powdery mildew a month ago when we had a couple of humid, wet days but only on the fan leaves. Cut away all the mildew and any excess foliage at that point to be on safe side.

Have been checking them daily and close to harvest and noticed purple/grey on tips of most mature buds. There is some  purpling up the stalk of the plant so hoping its just a Purps hybrid but panicking. Any ideas?!

20171003_134255.jpg

20171003_134251.jpg

Jembo,

Nevermind that you responded to a conversation out of 2012, LOL...

But your flowers are looking great.

If you are worried about purpling stems (or red stems in some strains), you could add a little CalMag  or Epsom Salts if you want to.  Excessive reddening or purpling of the stems could be a Magnesium deficiency. 

Or you could simply ignore the colored stems.  Some strains will color-up anyway.

The main thing to avoid is adding much of anything, as the flowers are in their end-stage.  Excessive minerals and salts and nutrients in the tissues of the plant will make for bad-tasting smoke.  Be sure to flush at least a couple weeks before harvest and then feed only plain water.