Nordic Guerilla Sweet Valley Kush (Mega Contest)

Guovsahas

Nordic Guerilla Grow

Strain: Sweet Valley Kush
Grow Medium: Soil
Grow method: Organic
Nutrients: Greenhouse Feeding and my super soil mix

(super soil mix contains cow manure, basalt rock dust, biochar that's been activated in chicken manure & compost for a year before use)

I'm actually a outdoor grower and I also am a certified biodynamic gardener who has worked at biodynamic farms and botanical gardens so that's where I have most experience, actually when I joined the forum was the first time I grew indoors but this time I'm going back to my roots to outdoor growing. I started the seeds as soon as I got them at the 26th of March and they sprouted fast, five out of the four had already started to pop up out of the soil at the 6th of May and by 8th of May all five had grown. I only took five seeds I'm actually  currently growing 14 plants outdoors if you want to see how that grow is doing you can check it out herehttps://forums.strainhunters.com/topic/12280-the-church-himalaya-gold-big-bang-blue-hash-outdoor-grow/ ).

I joined the competition a bit late but I still hope that the plants manage to grow a bit larger so that I can compete, I had planned initially to have my plants out by 1st of May but it started snowing at the 2nd of May which got me keeping them on the balcony a bit longer however now it's starting to get warmer so I hope that the plants manage to grow a bit before I put them out, the spot I've chosen is a swamp in the middle of a nature reserve. I know that I could create a patch in the middle of the swamp but it's a nature reserve and I don't want to damage the pristine nature. It's also the home of a bunch of beaver colonies and other wildlife seeking shelter in the reeds so for me it's important that I don't damage the nature around the area and most importantly I DO NOT WANT TO CONTRIBUTE TO ALGAE BLOOMS in the lakes downstream.

With that in mind I don't want to disturb or damage the pristine nature and if I made a patch in the swamp, helicopters would easily spot the patch so I don't want to do that, the pots I've choose are 20L pots made from jute so they blend in with the reeds, I had ordered them because I thought it was 30L pots but the garden store had mislabeled them but I don't care now and they are well hidden. The pics I've added are from germinating and a picture of the plants growing on the balcony.

IMG_7734.jpg

IMG_7819.jpg

• Like 5

So the sweet valley kush are growing fast, catching up to the blue hash and have passed one of the big bangs that are growing slow, so it's soon time to take them out.

The weather has been great, sun a couple of days and rains every third day so I haven't needed to water the plants that are already out but by July it'll be very different. I've got a bucket made out of silicon that is collapsible so I can get water from a river that's right close by.

IMG_7843.jpg

IMG_7848.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Jose.gh said:

How's the cultivation going here?

Sorry that I haven't updated for a bit my pregnant girlfriend spent a couple of days at the hospital.

Things are going great, my balcony is south facing so the plants are on the balcony all day. The sweet valley kush seeds came a bit late in the season so they are a bit behind however they are catching up and are very soon ready to go. The Sweet Valley Kush plants will be grown only using soil and Greenhouse Powder Feeding while the other plants are grown in my supersoil mix.

It's going to interesting to compare to the differences, which is best the supersoil mix or Greenhouse Powder Feeding. The plants are doing great and are growing in a Ikea mini greenhouse model "Socker" (https://www.ikea.com/se/sv/p/socker-vaexthus-vit-70186603/), there is one plant that is a big bang that is a slow grower but they are all doing fine. The pictures of the Sweet Valley Kush are from yesterday.

All of these plants will be grown guerilla so I can't always go out and water them, also my pregnant girlfriend is expecting anytime soon so I'm hoping that I can water the plants before the baby comes along. The temperature is going up and I go to the spot to water every 2-3 days depending on how warm it is, tomorrow is the first day it is very hot so I'm going watering tomorrow

I'll be posting a update on my other grow journal as well so if anyone wants to check it out the link is below

IMG_7916.jpg

IMG_7917.jpg

IMG_7918.jpg

IMG_7919.jpg

IMG_7920.jpg

IMG_7921.jpg

IMG_7922.jpg

IMG_7923.jpg

IMG_7924.jpg

• Like 5

On 6/8/2019 at 10:18 AM, OG.Naj said:

This shows that your plants will soon break your small greenhouse, ha ha ha

Happy growing dude!

The Sweet Valley Kush plants are a bit late and I've had to carry all the pots to the swamp before I take out the plants in order to reduce suspicion. In my other grow journal I wrote in a post that there is a man who walks his dog and goes to a place where I enter the swamp drink a beer so I always am very careful in order to not draw suspicion.

In the picture below you'll see how well my plants are hidden.

IMG_7958.jpg

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Guovsahas said:

Las plantas de Sweet Valley Kush llegan un poco tarde y he tenido que llevar todas las macetas al pantano antes de sacar las plantas para reducir las sospechas. En mi otro diario de crecimiento escribí en un post que hay un hombre que pasea a su perro y va a un lugar donde entro al pantano a tomar una cerveza, así que siempre tengo mucho cuidado para no despertar sospechas.

En la imagen de abajo verás qué tan bien están ocultas mis plantas.

IMG_7958.jpg

Donde están?? 

Where are they??

@Guovsahas

7 minutes ago, gasmeter said:

Eso es impresionante, están bien ocultos a la vista, gran uso del terreno, brillante. :broma:

Eso le gana a Harry Potters la capa cualquier día.

Jajajaja Me tiene muy intrigado @Guovsahas a ver si nos dice por donde andan @gasmeter por que parece como buscar a wally en la sagrada familia jejeje

Hahahaha She has me very intrigued @Guovsahas to see if she tells us where they are going @gasmeter because it seems like looking for wally in the holy family jejeje

• Like 2

On 6/11/2019 at 11:05 AM, R.G.S said:

Pues si que están bien escondidas si y no están aquí?;

Well if they are well hidden and are not here?

sketch-1560243811549.png

Yeah that's one of the plants right there, once you spot the unorganic shape of the chicken wire you see it

• Like 1

:party:wooooow e acertado, me llevo un tiempo deducirlo pero si parece eso que se ve otro verde como inorganico de plástico una malla o algo

Aleluya 🙌 

:party:wooooow and successful, it took me a while to deduce it but if it looks like that you see another green as plastic inorganic a mesh or something HalleluHallelujah 🙌 

• Like 1

So I just took out a couple of more plants to my spot and when I was in a hurry loading my cargo bike with the plants, my neighbor comes out so I had to be real quick and do the usual small talk you have with neighbors. Once he started working on his garden, I told him I was in a hurry to get some errands done.
It wasn't until I arrived where I park my bike that I saw that two plants had got their stems damaged, a Big Bang (which suffered minor damage) and a Sweet Valley Kush that took some very serious damage but knowing cannabis plants I know they can recover.

I was a bit devastated seeing the state of the Sweet Valley Kush but the root system was fine so if the top won't recover I'll just have two tops instead so let's see how that plant turns out.
While I was out there cutting chicken wire I hear a helicopter in the distance so I dropped all I was doing and moved to the treeline to look like someone just walking in the forest eventually I saw the helicopter and it was one of the helicopters that a local airfield uses to for those who are training to get their license but I waited until it was gone.

I also had to use a different kind of chicken wire because the garden store had sold out all the green chicken wire, the reason I need chicken wire is because there's a lot of deer in the area especially in the marsh.

I have two more plants to take out and I'm doing that this evening, my pregnant gf is back at the hospital so I want to get the plants out before a baby arrives.

IMG_7990.jpg

IMG_7991.jpg

IMG_7992.jpg

IMG_7993.jpg

IMG_7994.jpg

IMG_7995.jpg

IMG_7996.jpg

• Like 3

Hace 1 hora, Guovsahas dijo:

Asegurate de revisar mi otro diario de cultivo, el mismo lugar pero otras plantas. Esto está dedicado solo a Sweet Valley Kush.

No lo h@Guovsahasvisto quizás hubiese sido más fácil para mi encontralas que en la foto que pusiste aquí, enhorabuena por la llegada del bebé próximamente espero les vaya bien 

Saludos

I do not know what Guovsahas seen, maybe it would have been easier for me to find them than in the picture you put here, congratulations for the arrival of the baby soon I hope you do well regards

On 6/14/2019 at 0:53 PM, R.G.S said:

No lo h@Guovsahasvisto quizás hubiese sido más fácil para mi encontralas que en la foto que pusiste aquí, enhorabuena por la llegada del bebé próximamente espero les vaya bien 

Saludos

I do not know what Guovsahas seen, maybe it would have been easier for me to find them than in the picture you put here, congratulations for the arrival of the baby soon I hope you do well regards

It's taken from the only entry point, through the marsh in the reeds there are a lot of game trails from deer that lead around like a maze so it's what you see from the distance if you would walk the same path as I do

• Like 1

20 hours ago, g22 said:

@Guovsahas

I like your fabric pot do you make them your self?

I bought them from a garden supply store, I've used cloth pots before but I wanted something that would blend in with the environment so I bought those pots. The garden supply store told me first they hold 30L but after coming back a second time for more pots they told me they only hold 20L

I just moved out the two last plants on my balcony, I would've moved them a lot earlier but my gf has been in and out of hospital many times so I've had to wait until she is better.

I hope that the Sweet Valley Kush plants catch up with the other plants and I also took a sample of the water close by to check the pH because I was worried that it would be too low pH but you'll see the reading in the picture. I also had to move the plants a bit so they get more sunlight.

I'm also happy to inform you all that the plant with the broken stem is alive and recovering, I think it'll grow a hard knuckle eventually and be a bit shorter than the other Sweet Valley Kush plants.

The two last plants are at the bottom, I ran out of chicken wire so they have a different chicken wire. I'm also borrowing a game camera that I'm rigging to see what kind of wildlife and possible people move along the edge of the marsh

IMG_8049.jpg

IMG_8041.jpg

IMG_8042.jpg

IMG_8043.jpg

IMG_8044.jpg

IMG_8045.jpg

IMG_8046.jpg

IMG_8047.jpg

IMG_8048.jpg

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Guovsahas said:

I bought them from a garden supply store, I've used cloth pots before but I wanted something that would blend in with the environment so I bought those pots. The garden supply store told me first they hold 30L but after coming back a second time for more pots they told me they only hold 20L

I had in mind to make a pot of 1.3m x 1.3m with burlap to make a raising bed but is more easy with plastic pot maybe i try one day .

Very nice gerilla grow @Guovsahas

I hope you catch some beast with your cam

The Sweet Valley Kush plant that got its stem damaged hasn't fully recovered and looks very weak but I hope that it makes a recovery, it hasn't died yet.

The rest of the Sweet Valley Kush plants are shorter than the rest but that's only because they ended up coming a bit later

IMG_8152.jpg

IMG_8153.jpg

IMG_8154.jpg

IMG_8155.jpg

IMG_8156.jpg

IMG_8157.jpg

• Like 4