Police Chase Down, Kill 3 Fleeing Dogs In Marijuana Raid

mopman

This is absolutely sickening

woods-james_0728-thumb-640x426.jpg

James Woods explains how Detroit police killed his three dogs

"Don't hurt my dogs!" screamed James Woods during a mid-October marijuana raid in Detroit. The police didn't listen; they fatally shot three of his dogs, reportedly as two of the animals ran to get away. The third dog -- a young pit bulldog named Tank -- was shot in the face at close range by a 12-gauge shotgun, despite being confined inside a locked fence outside where he was unable to harm anyone.

Woods was forced into a corner last week when the first shot rang out. Fearing police would hurt his two other dogs -- who were inside the house -- Woods cried out, "Please! They won't hurt you! Stop chasing them! They're just scared."

Witnesses report that the other two dogs, Hump and Janey -- in what could only have been a grotesque and nauseating scene -- were chased around by police and then shot as the dogs fled.

dog-alive11-225x300-thumb-225x300.jpeg

Hump was one of three dogs killed by the police

"They shot her four times as she was trying to get away," Woods said of his dog Janey, an older pit bull mix who was "dragging a trail of blood around the house until she finally collapsed," reports Steve Neavling at the Motor City Muckraker.

"She didn't have a chance," Woods said, his eyes filling with tears. "It just isn't right."

Neighbors said the three dogs, which also included the German shepherd mix Hump, were tame and friendly. "They were good dogs," a neighbor said.

Woods spent the next two days in jail. His friend, Scott Kraz, photographed the dogs' carcasses, hoping to prove that police shot the fleeing dogs from behind.

"From the position of the two dogs inside the building, they were running away from the door, away from the police," Kraz said.

"The raid is the latest example of the destructive impact the U.S. war on marijuana has on people's lives," wrote Alex Kane at AlterNet.

"They killed my dogs," Woods said, shaking his head. "The Detroit Police Department murdered my dogs."

http://www.tokeofthe...n_marijuana.php

• Like 1

Fucking pigs should be hunted down same way (without actually killing them). I am sue they get away with these bloody murders ..grr

This is the us of america..sad state sad people a shameful society...so happy I don't live there . i pray to Jah and praise him 4 that !

• Like 1

I am totally appalled by this story, I find it hard to find the words to describe how sickening it is.

He must be heart broken to lose 3 such dear and faithful family members.

It is so sad that those who sign up to "protect and serve" end up "endangering and victimising".

Here in the UK where I live the news is constantly reporting the how the police have lied, falsified reports and used overly heavy handed force (violence) sometimes even resulting in the death of innocent people.

I am thankful the the British police don't all carry guns as they do in the usa or we could see the same thing happening to our pets.

Thanks for bringing this story to our attention , these things should never go unnoticed or to be swept under the carpet.

Peace

Lams

• Like 1

Search live leak for detroit.. then search copblock.org for detroit... That city needs a fence around it. Cops are outta control. Also shooting dogs here is a growing thing for the OFFICERS>.

http://www.copblock....d-kill-her-dog/

http://www.copblock.org/20852/wayne-county-ny-cops-home-invasion-style-break-in-and-execution-of-a-75-year-old-grandmothers-dog-may-have-been-retaliation/

The cops and DHS are out of control here.. The Department of Homeland Security just purchased a prison in Illinois. Also has purched over a Billion rounds of Ammo the past 8 weeks. Boston has been actively spying on local citizen activist groups with the help of DHS. These are indeed troubling times here in the States..

http://www.liveleak....=d71_1349662183

well i bet one of the dogs was barking at the police and they just figured they were all a danger so shoot them all. I have friends that are police officers and they dont take chances with the job. If one dog showed any kind of threat they would shoot it. Just a bad job to be doing by a government that makes them do it. now some cops like the idea of being albe to shoot whatever they can when they are in a raid. so its an addrenaline rush for them they love it. makes them feel like a man! drug war does not help anyone just makes news

Sucky story...I understand the cops fearing for their lives, I just don't understand why they shot a dog in the face that was behind a fence and couldn't hurt anyone.... but then again I wasn't there so who knows...

I'm an American as well as a responsible pit bull owner. We, my family and I are now having to move because the insurance in this house will not cover a pit bull. But he's just like another son to me and I refuse to part with him. I hate the idiocracy that prevails in this country. A dog is not very different from a child. You put good in, you get good out. Best breed of dog I've ever owned. This is my 3rd pit bull I've raised with no incidents. My sons are 3 and 6 and the dog plays on the slides and the playgrounds with them and at time 10-20 other kids and has never had a single encounter of aggressiveness. Closed minded people! The police in this country have been given way too much authority and also amnesty. Society assumes that because he's a cop, he does no wrong and is always in the right. The whole law enforcement system here is really a huge trillion dollar business. It's not about right and wrong anymore it's who can afford the best lawyer. And most citizens unlike myself are scared to go to trial to defend themselves, so the judges and prosecutors bank on that fact and offer plea after plea that the average Citizens just lay down and take it so it will be over soon. When in reality they probably didn't even have a solid case against the person and would have been dismissed if he hadn't signed the plea admitting guilt. Gotta learn to play chess with them.

• Like 1

And to add to my disgusting for law enforcement in this country, last year I had a petite female friend shot by a cop because she continually turned down his advances so first he started harassing her by pulling her over. Then when that wouldn't bend her will, he showed up at her house on a "breaking and entering" call. When she answered the door her shot her. Now his defense is that he thought she was reaching behind the door for something so he shot the 105lb. Girl, who if he really felt threatened could have used mace, taser, night stick or any other non lethal weapons on a petite unarmed female, but no his training told him to shoot first. It's just a classic abuse of power that is sometimes the whole reason that the person takes that job, payback for all the times they were picked on or the dad never loved them or some other cop out, no pun intended.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...