DAMNESIA - First try - COMPLETED

Bam-Bhole

Will be nice to see more members growing the Damnesia ! Got 2 more seeds in paper - will wait till they grow larger rootlets, by tomorrow I think they are due to go into the grodan starter blocks. The small root cubes are just too small and not too well suited to my kind of kick starting a plant.. always experimenting what works best, these Grodan rockwools are nice, you can easily open them up IF a seed grows in the wrong direction or anything else seems wrong - so I already pepared two of them.... the rootlets loook like this atm. A little longer and they ill grow faster to the lights (hopefully without turning around inside ..lol)

post-10461-0-92884000-1352074058.jpg

• Like 3

The seeds are average in size but very vital. They sprout much faster than the seeds from nirvana for example. Just check how large the root became overnight.. A bit too long already giving me some questions on how to best plant them inside these Grodan blocks..:-)

Esp. since one root was growing around the seed.. Anyway they will make it I am sure - Time to showcase my plants so far - It is 3 weeks now since I got the seeds + feedings - btw the KoC DVD Video is amazing, makes me wanna visit the coffeshops and what a sight to see Arjan among the 27 motherplants.

Okay smooth sailing so far I would say - The 2 oldest look healthy and sweet. The third is growing properly as well and now we wait for the next 2 Damnesias to appear from rockwool cubes ... 5 plants make sense to me !

Here you see a step by step documentation of the planting style this time..

enjoy:

Picture 1 - the Damnesia under T.5 Neon for 6 hours extra during VEG - 12 hours in flowering room..

picture 2 shows the 3 Damnesias ...

new life ....

preparation of blocks + seeds + water

large rootlets on both seeds growing in circles mainly...

Which way is UP?

They will stay in the greenhouse for a week or so..

That's it for the 3rd weekly update !

post-10461-0-38694300-1352145699.jpg

post-10461-0-59139000-1352145826.jpg

post-10461-0-80892300-1352145846.jpg

post-10461-0-39315300-1352145947.jpg

post-10461-0-97181900-1352145964.jpg

post-10461-0-23623500-1352145987.jpg

• Like 2

cute pig tail roots growth :)

And the one under T5 look nice too, on a good way to become nice girls :)

Thanks for the news man, for the seeds just put them with the root at the bottom and the shell on top and they should be fine ;)

Have a good grow

So as we move to week 4 tomorrow after receiving the seeds + feeding; it is time for another weekly update.

Could only take 2 fast shots since the camera betterie is very low.

Anyway .. as you can see there are two phenos of the Damnesia - one is a bit taller and grows faster, the other sports a very compact bushy structure - The internodes are nice n tight.. not stretchy at all. The leave shape is awesome - i am really fond of the strain.

The 3rd one was planted 10 days later in a tiny root cube - as you can see prior in the journal. This takes longer to root and grow BUT by now the stem sits totally tight inside of the medium. The stems are thick + strong already at this early stage - amazing !

BTW I flushed the two bigger ones in the shower last week, which they appreciated a lot.

Hope the two small seedlings will grow as fast as the others.

Data : Veg Time 12 hours in the flowering booth under a 400 watt HPS - after that they get another 6 hours minimum under the T5 NEON.

EC 1.5 / ph 6,0 added Canna Bio Rhyzotonic and Hesi super vit to the Hybrid Powder feeding sometimes - I water them good since the CoCo & Pebbles mix drains like crazy and they seem to take the nutes real well. A pleasure to grow this vital strain !

Questions ?

Feel free to ask..

post-10461-0-72026100-1352657734.jpg

post-10461-0-62347400-1352657755.jpg

• Like 3

A good question Toke ! I ask myself the same question....lol.

Not exactly sure, there was a minor leave burn going on in the early stages - I force the plants as close to the Neon lights as possible and since she always was the taller one it might be too close for some time. OTH I feed them plenty and water a lot as I am new to the Coco/Pebbles mix- you put water in and within 2 minutes most of it comes out on the bottom..lol

A mess, thank god I ordered that large plastic tub 1,20 m by 65 cm. Now I place all plants on the tub and collect the drain in there. Lots of work.

Anyway - you know Hesi Super Vit ? An additive - 1 drop for 4.5 litres of water - so I wouldn't call that a true feed. Powder feed is the main supplier of NPK and minerals- All i do is add some Rhyzotonic for the very young plants or after transplanting every second day and the Super Vit daily just to keep them extra healthy. I got a 10 ml bottle of Hesi Vit and that goes a long way. Got 4 bigger girls to care for, too. So I have to mix around 5 litres per day .

This week i will give the bigger girl water only every second watering. Will see if the leave tips look green again afterwards. She will get into the 12 hour photo period very soon anyway - getting too big for the T.5 NEON and the stem is strong enough for flowering.

Edited by Bam-Bhole
  • Like 1

Why not try watering less it don't need to drain out the bottom of the pot I use a 2 litre jug between 2 plants maybe 3 its means watering them every day but I think it makes a big difference watering this way and no mess either.

Depends on the medium - do you use CocO/pebbles or soil ? With soil you don't have to water everyday and the drain is far less. Even with a jug under the pot it spills over in no time - I get like 2 or 3 litre of water back in one watering schedule of 4.5 litres. The pebbles don't hold any water at all and coco is also not a medium to keep any fluids for long. That is the point why people use it. To get a kind of Hydro effect - pump them up with nutes + water to get bigger yields. But I will cut down a bit to see if the burn on the leave tips goes away or not. Getting accustomed to a new medium takes it's time. I have seen people putting paper on the bottom of the pots in order to block the drain, but I fear this leads to dampness and mould in the long run. With the fast flush the plants grow like crazy and develop strong stems without the unwanted stretching.

The second pheno reminds me of a strawberry plant. One parent of the Damnsia is the Fragolina = Strawberry from the swiss alps. A fitting name ...

Just took a few cell phone pix and show you my latest 2 new girlies ad my number one favorite . Nearly 12" tall very much going on in the internode section, so I leave her in the flowering booth under 12/12 HPS. The others receive the T.5 NEOO 6 hour extra shifts still..

The 4 plants from female seeds are doing great, too - the 2 Nevi. Hazes grow taller than tall towering at twice the height as the Tropical Ice and Cinderella '99 with their round bushy tops.. Some leave tips are burnt, I doubt these girls lack any deficiencies or are overfed. i check PH and EC every time..

Next update will be more detailled with better pictures ..enjoy

First 3 are the laties 2 seedlings and the one I planted 10 days after the first 2..next 3 shots of the two more advanced DAMNESIA plants.

Last 2 pictures show the Nev Haze I had started prior to the competetion with the Tropical Ice + C#99 in front on the growing board...

post-10461-0-53215100-1353162547.jpg

post-10461-0-60730600-1353162561.jpg

post-10461-0-21274900-1353162575.jpg

post-10461-0-06257100-1353162591.jpg

post-10461-0-38438200-1353162607.jpg

post-10461-0-74839500-1353162635.jpg

post-10461-0-15629900-1353162664.jpg

post-10461-0-35720000-1353164196.jpg

• Like 2

I think so BUT it is the first time I grow a Neville's Haze. Long distance between Internodes mean a tall growing plant. In the tropical eras are many smaller plants fighting for sunlight, so i can only expect they have a certain kind of advantage from growing taller faster. They are faster in flowering, too. Already in week 2 of flowering now while the other 2 plants from the same batch are just exposing their sex and show very little signs of flowering. Technically at end of week 1 I would say.. Wonder if it is true that these Nev. hHazes take only 8 weeks till ready as female seeds claims.

http://www.femaleseeds.nl/webshop/haze-p-1620.html

They also suggest growing them 12/12 from seed to avoid stretching. I think it is too late now to start some LST or toppings, so i can onlyy hope they don't grow with that vigor till the end of flowering..The size of 80cm to 1 meter is definitely not true...

Slowly getting a bit too crowded in there for 1 grow light..Lots of re-arranging to do atm. Otherwise it is nice to have these fine vital flowers around me to take good care of. The Fragolina/Damnesia is a dream come true from a growers point of view. Grows fast with fat stem, tight internodes, bushy and compact grow. Wonderful leave shape and great green color. Thanks 4 that opportunity !

• Like 1

Yeah, I concentrate on the Damnesia, but of course I'll show a glimpse of what the older girls are doing. After all they gotta live together till the big 4 girls are harvested. That's why i did start out with only 3 seeds of Damnesia; I really hate to kill plants because I simply cannot handle them all inside the growroom. 10 plants is the maximum - 8 is perfect ... now in the cold season I can't put any outdoors . so good planning is key. i always meet people starting all the seeds they can get their hands on without the space to grow them out..stupido..lol

Was about time to transplant the 2 female seed girls - The one in the round pot was so root bound I couldn't believe it. On soil I never saw a tight and fast root development like now with the Coco/pebbles mix- The roots filled up the bottom of the pot and started to rot away. So I picked the right moment to give them more space. Guess the Haze will need the 2 biggest pots I got 4 gallons i.e. 14 litres. About time to move some more plants to the next bigger pot. The camera is still on recharge at my nephews place, so the next pix will come later on...hopefully in time to document the root development.

Yeah man. Lots of vitality - time flies and the girls are getting bigger at tremendous speed. Transplanted another 3 plants. The last 2 Damnesia plants are now in the next bigger pots - all doing fine.

More pictures will follow soon..

Edited by Bam-Bhole