Whats your grow "secret"

ivankov

dodgy stretching seedlings IMO best results come from Canna Seed/perlite mix in heated little starter greenhouses with it's own glass on top or simply put it in a soil mix in a joghurt cup. That way you can fill up the stem with more soil and watch the roots growing properly. After 5 days or so in Jiffys the seedlings stretch so much that you got to put it in a pot and then you got no chances to watch the root development. Also Jiffys dry out quick and once dry the plant die. Tried Coco Jiffys one again and nothing but trouble - even Root Cubes are better .

And not to forget humidity control and ventilation and air circulation :-) especially in late bloom where the buds are big and compact it's important. Otherwise you could end up with bud mold which is devastating and will ruin your crops.

Love...

Really, this is no hippie-left-wing bullshit.

There was this experiment, called the experiment of Baxter (google it, its truly amazing)

Baxter hooked up living things, like animals and plants to polygraph machines, to look at their biofeedback... He would see a constant biofeedback.

But when he pictured the plant in his mind, and imagined it to be on fire, the polygraph machine went beserk. Showing that the plant was feeling what baxter was imagining.

Well, long story short... Plants feel human intention.

If you imagine your plants to stand in best spot on the planet, with the best nutrients and you want nothing less then succes for them... the plants will react.

You can easily test this.

Put a plant in two different rooms and spend 5 minutes a day in the one room imagining love for the plant and in the other room imagining hate for the plant.

You will see an almost bizarre difference in growth and health.

Mythbusters also did an episode kinda like it:

Baxters experiment:

Rethink your intentions when dealing with living things... That includes humans. and... Yogurth.

I just remember one more thing. This most growers know but they never remember. Never fill the soil in the pot more than half after planted a germed seed. Refill with soil when the stem grow long and slender.

I see in like 90% of the soil grows people dont do that. They get long and slender stems that almost fall over. With added soil they will keep upright and also get more roots. As we all know, stem that goes under soild get roots.

I dont want to be messing with Your head 2 much but ..... :P it neither solve the problem nor healps with the grow :P

the problem you mentioned ... to keep your seedlings compact you need to put them vary close to the light source - like 5 cm or closer , that way your plants wil not grow .

if we do as you suggested - plant deeper and then refill with soil to VISUALLY shorten the stem but it stays the same so :

plant alredy waisted its energy to build it , also becouse of geotropism of the roots its much thoughter for them to grow up then towords bottom the deeper we seed the worst will be root propagated in the soil :P

• Like 1

I grow outside in pots.(my circumstances) I start the sprouted seeds in small 3" pots, only transplant when pots are full of roots, then up to 6" pots, same thing, full to bottom and sides, then to the final 12" pots. By harvest time the 12" are always full too. Never had one blow over even in strong winds. The girls always grow to about 1 meter tall, best for my situation, I can take them inside if it's going to storm, no mold. This has worked well for me for many years.

post-15765-0-51470200-1350234254.jpg

post-15765-0-65366000-1350234509.jpg

post-15765-0-17552100-1350234648.jpg

Plants communicate ! Put a badly treated plant with torn leaves and burnt spots next to your healthy plants and in no time the healthy girls get frightened and slow their growth.

They showed that with special bio feedack machines where you could see the exchange of electricity between the plants

So my tip never put a dodgy weak late bloomer next to your top High grade budding goodies !

Might sound crazy but it is true.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

i grow scientyficly , i write down every data i can - how much water , PH , nurition % and grams per plant , observations ... everything i can , next grow i make some changes and in the end i see if the result was better or worst and i know what to fix next time :P

• Like 1

I always try to feel what my plants need from me. I spend quite a lot of time everyday "communicating" with them - this way I have come to know the strains I grow. It is always different with a new strain because you need to figure out what its needs are and I think only after working with it for a while will you get the best out of it. for me though organic nutes plenty hps lighting - lots of air and as the man said "its a weed"

The secret is never stop learning.

keep an open mind even when you might be extremly doubtful about another persons grow technique.

Put time in to research and then double check or even triple check from as many sources as you can.

When i was younger I thought i knew it all, now i am older i realise i know only a small percentage, but that percentage does grow everyday.

communication and sharing is invaluable to aiding you in your quest for knowledge and being a member of strain hunters gives me that opportunity.

Learn form your mistakes.

Being able to admit when you are wrong, otherwise you'll keep making the same mistakes.

Arrogance and ignorance are the two headed snake be careful or you might get bitten on the arse.

Learn something new every day otherwise it is a waste of a day.

Peace

Lams

• Like 1